GUILTY MA - Chloe Ricard, 13, suspicious death, Lawrence, 20 May 2019

Another somewhat contradictory article--as it was previously stated a man in his 40s dumped her at the hospital:
The grieving mother of the 13-year-old Amesbury girl who died shortly after arriving at an emergency room Monday is demanding answers and justice — claiming her daughter had been hanging out with a 16-year-old girl who dumped her at the Lawrence hospital...

Earlier on Monday, Chloe had apparently posted on Snapchat that she wanted to run away, her mother said.
Mom wants answers in case of teen girl who died at Lawrence ER – Boston Herald

Daily Mail:

Body of missing 13-year-old girl left at a Massachusetts hospital
by man just one day after her family say she ran away from hom

• Chloe Ricard, 13, was pronounced dead in the emergency room of Lawrence General Hospital in Massachusetts on Monday afternoon
    • The teen went into cardiac arrest after being driven to the hospital
    • Police say they tracked down the man after he left but have not revealed any information about him or filed any charges
    • Chloe's family, who said she had suffered some problems following her father's death five years ago, had reported her missing
    • Her mother and stepfather last saw Chloe when she was dropped off at a friend's house on Sunday afternoon

Last edited:
Massachusetts Girl, 13, Dies Shortly After Being Mysteriously Dropped Off at Hospital

Under the circumstances it doesn’t appear to be a homicide, but we can’t say one way or another until we have a ruling,” Carrie Kimball, spokesperson for the Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett’s office tells PEOPLE.

Chloe Richard: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Richard, 13, was dumped at the emergency room at Lawrence General Hospital on Monday just before 5 pm. She was pronounced dead shortly after, Boston 25 News reports.

“From what one of the police officers said at the hospital, she was brought in and dumped at the hospital. They said she was lifeless. No pulse, no nothing, they just drove in and dropped her off,” the girl’s stepfather, Brian Dolan, told the station. “She didn’t even have a pulse when they pushed her out of the car.”

A couple questions I have:
"At some point during the day, Goldsmith-Dolan said, a state worker from the Department of Children and Families contacted her, saying “there was some red flags” and that Chloe was possibly planning to move out of state."
How did DCF get involved so quickly and have this information? Who contacted them? Was she/family an open case with them?

It sounds to me as if her group of friends were covering for her like teens can do. Her mom only talked to the teens as to her whereabouts, no parents? How did she get from the friend's house where she was dropped off to the place in Haverhill

Why wasn't she in school? Why didn't the school notify the mom that she was absent?

'I don't wanna live long at all': Ominous Instagram post of 13-year-old girl who ran away | Daily Mail Online

'I dont wanna live long at all.

'Y'all dumb tryna clown me and bring me down for being what I am... I live my life everyday like its the last and that's me.

'I'll never change and one day i will not wake up and that's my goal. Stop worrying about my health.'

Poor, sad baby. Reminds me so very much of my daughter and the loss of her dad. I wish I could hug this girl and I thank God, that only by his grace, can I still hug mine.

'I don't wanna live long at all': Ominous Instagram post of 13-year-old girl who ran away | Daily Mail Online

'I dont wanna live long at all.

'Y'all dumb tryna clown me and bring me down for being what I am... I live my life everyday like its the last and that's me.

'I'll never change and one day i will not wake up and that's my goal. Stop worrying about my health.'

Poor, sad baby. Reminds me so very much of my daughter and the loss of her dad. I wish I could hug this girl and I thank God, that only by his grace, can I still hug mine.
Powerful post. Thank you.
Yes, this young girl gave everyone fair notice it seems. Perhaps her legacy is to remind parents that teens do mean what they say, and not to hope things will just get better on their own. God rest her young soul.

Amateur opinion and speculation

She was thirteen, barely a teenager. She looks, from her pictures, like a beautiful 18 year old. She was so adrift, was there no one anywhere who she could turn to? She doesn't seem as rebellious as she seems totally lost. She wasn't making choices, she was careening from one circumstance to another without anyone whose guidance she trusted.

"An indecent assault and battery on a child under fourteen is an intentional touching of an area deemed private on a child under the age of 14 without legal justification or excuse. For purposes of this law, a private area includes but is not limited to, the breast, abdomen, thigh, buttocks, genital or pubic areas of a female or the buttocks, genital or pubic areas of a male. In Massachusetts, G.L. c. 265, s. 13B dictates that the following may punish anyone who commits an indecent assault on a child under the age of 14:
  • Maximum imprisonment in the state prison: 10 years
  • Maximum imprisonment in a house of correction: 2.5 years

Conviction of sex offenses such as this require registration with the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board (SORB) and at certain levels the public is notified of sex offenders living and working in the community. Failure to register as directed by SORB will result in a separate criminal prosecution.
In order to find an individual guilty of this law, the prosecution must be able to prove three elements beyond a reasonable doubt that:

1. The alleged victim was not yet fourteen years of age at the time of the alleged offense;
  2. The defendant committed an assault and battery on that child; and
  3. The assault and battery was of an incident nature."
Indecent Assault and Battery on a Child Under 14 | Boston Criminal Lawyer
---------------------------------------------------------
Class B substance in Massachusetts (cocaine, crack, LSD, oxycodone, oxycontin, ecstacy, hydrochloride, amphetamine, methamphetamine)

Drug Crime Penalties | Boston Criminal Lawyers KJC Law Firm

Officials investigating death of 13-year-old girl in Lawrence
8c43e9e9-3e7d-4c5f-9846-41c9bc83da42-medium16x9_Chole.jpg
This is the worst I've seen lately -- I just can't ...
The worst. Thirteen years old. What? What?
At least they have a suspect. Just dammit.

He’s 47 years old and they know him????
Why did she end up in an alternative school at age 13?
What the devil was going on that she ran away to begin with?
I feel sure the hospital has cameras everywhere -- especially in areas of entrances/departures. Who knoze how good a pic would be of someone in a vehicle, but certainly they could get the license tag id, the vehicle description, and at least a ruff description of the driver.

Lawrence is one tough locale.

How so? Rough neighborhoods, gangs, below-average schools, poverty, unemployment? Just a tuff place to be?
If you have time to elaborate, that would be great! Thanks.:)

Maybe she was unresponsive, and he freaked, assuming it was an overdose -- which it sounds like it was, IMO -- he certainly didn't want to have anything more to do with this situation and he dumped that little girl at the hospital. At least he did that, instead of dumping her into some much worse place. Did he indeed drive her there? Was he in the car but not driving? And who the he!! is this guy to her or her family?
Yes, patience, I know...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire