CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I'm not the one that said "the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule". I was asking if you had information that supports that. I guess not?
Like I posted, "Doesn't matter to me, Rudin is pimping as far as I'm concerned". He got dissed by Liscio, didn't he? Trying to save face, put the little whippersnapper in his place?
Doesn't matter, Rudin has an investment in this case> his product and his name. He's taking it to the bank.

IMO, at this point, Rudin is just pimping his product and himself out for the money. When the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule, Rudin contacted the DT.

Yes, I find that very odd behavior that he contacted the defense after not being able to testify the day the state had schedule.

While I like DR it makes him seem desperate to testify in this trial as if he thinks this will drum up more work for him.

Imo in the end, like I said previously the jury will not consider the image experts on either side when rendering their verdict. When there are two opposite opinions it often null, and voids both experts out. Imo.

If you have noticed when jurors speak out after a verdict they rarely if ever say it was one of the hired experts on either side that determined their verdict. It's the meat, and potatoes of the total evidence instead.

The state have so much more irrefutable evidence for the jury to work with to come to their verdict.

I dont even think they will base their verdict on the image testimonies.

Imo, Instead they will decide what is the most reasonable conclusion about whether they believe it was CMs truck or not. They will weigh it along with the entirety of all of the evidence as what they believe or disbelieve about his truck being there the very date they were murdered, and removed from their home.

Imo

Really? is that what you believe, that Dr. Rudin is not more competent than Liscio? I can understand if you think you see something that he doesn't or whatever, but competency? The guy is all about the math and the science, the math and science doesn't lie in his opinion. I don't think he cares about Merritt or the defense or the prosecution. JMO
IMO they both have their own areas of expertise. Rudin with his math & science and Liscio with the FARO laser technology which seems pretty impressive as well.
The question the jury might have is what is the most accurate? Are either 100% proof?

Really? is that what you believe, that Dr. Rudin is not more competent than Liscio? I can understand if you think you see something that he doesn't or whatever, but competency? The guy is all about the math and the science, the math and science doesn't lie in his opinion. I don't think he cares about Merritt or the defense or the prosecution. JMO

Just a comment in general, not trying to say your comment doesn't have validity, but I just caution this: "Math and science" often involve lies, in many ways: Bad data in, bad data out; the way theories and studies are set up and interpreted often skew results, etc.

IMO MOO etc etc, Liscio explained the process better and is much easier to understand. IMO Liscio makes a better witness than Rudin. I am not saying Liscio is smarter than Rudin, or that Rudin doesn't know what he is talking about. IMO, Liscio just presents better than Rudin, and maybe that is why the prosecution opted to go with Liscio instead.

IMO MOO etc etc, Liscio explained the process better and is much easier to understand. IMO Liscio makes a better witness than Rudin. I am not saying Liscio is smarter than Rudin, or that Rudin doesn't know what he is talking about. IMO, Liscio just presents better than Rudin, and maybe that is why the prosecution opted to go with Liscio instead.
Agree, and i thought Liscio was a very good expert witness for the state, IMO.

I'm not implying Rudin is incompetent. Just that Liscio may be more on the up and up on some scientific data. Also, iirc Rudin had filed a new or updated report the night before his original testimony? This could be why they dropped him as well because if he's changing his findings he's not going to come off as a competent witness. He's a brainiac for sure. But if he's constantly reconfiguring data, how is the jury supposed to believe him?

Last edited:
Just a comment in general, not trying to say your comment doesn't have validity, but I just caution this: "Math and science" often involve lies, in many ways: Bad data in, bad data out; the way theories and studies are set up and interpreted often skew results, etc.

Actually, I think this is what Rudin is saying. Bad data resulted in bad results, and when he got more information or found that a file was mis-labeled, he was given more 'good data' to be able to come to a conclusion. I also think this is what he was saying about Liscio as well, that it may not have been Liscio but the data he was given. JMO

Dr. Rudin also talks about acceptable error range, that it's subjective, and that thresholds need to be established, like a 5% variation being acceptable or unacceptable, but it all depends on what is being looked at. He gave the example that if measuring the height of an individual, a few inches can make a big difference, but a few inch difference with a vehicle may not be that big if you look at the statistics.

Like I posted, "Doesn't matter to me, Rudin is pimping as far as I'm concerned". He got dissed by Liscio, didn't he? Trying to save face, put the little whippersnapper in his place?
Doesn't matter, Rudin has an investment in this case> his product and his name. He's taking it to the bank.
He has now been paid by both the prosecution and defense. That's a nice little racket imo.

That has been my opinion all along. Rudin could be difficult to understand with his thick accent. Pros also may have thought his presentation would bore the jury to sleep, which would be risky considering what was at stake.

That has been my opinion all along. Rudin could be difficult to understand with his thick accent. Pros also may have thought his presentation would bore the jury to sleep, which would be risky considering what was at stake.
I believe it was after the 402 hearing the Prosecution stated to the Judge that Rudin was very "quirky."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong