GUILTY CA - Former NFL star, Kellen Winslow Jr. Threatened To Murder Women After He Raped Them, 2018

A female hitchhiker who accused former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. of raping her after he picked her up testified Tuesday that she did not flee or defend herself because the muscular football star had threatened to kill her.

Winslow’s attorneys said the two had consensual sex and suggested she had a drinking problem. They said she has given inconsistent statements and lied to the jury about being sober for 30 years, pointing out that she has been arrested 11 times for public intoxication.

The woman, identified as Jane Doe 1, is the first of five accusers expected to take the stand.

Winslow is accused of raping three women and exposing himself to two others. All are expected to testify.

The former football star, and son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow, has pleaded not guilty to 12 counts.

The 55-year-old Jane Doe 1 described in detail how Winslow drove her to a shopping center parking lot after picking her up in March 2018 and then raped her in his vehicle.

“He threatened to kill me, and I really believed that he would have,” she testified.

First Accuser Testifies at Ex-NFL Player Kellen Winslow Jr.’s San Diego Rape Trial

More at link

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
WATCH LIVE: Cross-examination of Det. Benavides - sexual assault unit in the #KellenWinslow trial. Winslow pours himself a cup of water. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/kellen-winslow-ii/watch-live-kellen-winslow-ii-in-rape-sexual-misconduct-involving-5-women/ …

#KellenWinslow - LIVE NOW: Jane Doe #2 takes the stand. She's been described as a 59-yr-old homeless woman that says Winslow raped her on the side of a road. https://lawandcrime.com/

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 is visibly shaking, rocking.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 identifies Winslow as the man she knew as "Kevin".

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 said she is homeless. She said about 6 months before May 2018 she was walking to a homeless shelter, carrying all her things when a man pulled up. Owens shows her a photo of Winslow's black Hummer and she says that does NOT look like the vehicle.

Cathy Russon Retweeted Cathy Russon

#KellenWinslow - The prosecution had this same problem with Jane Doe #1 yesterday. She couldn't identify Winslow's Hummer as the vehicle she was picked up in.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 says for the next 6 months she saw him between 5-7 times, maybe more. He would see her downtown, drive up, ask how she was doing. He offered her lunch, sometimes money. She said she always refused. She said he was nice.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 said one time he offered her $50 for sex. She told him she wasn't that kind of person.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 - On May 13, 2108, Mother's Day, she was hanging out downtown with friends. Winslow pulled up in his Hummer. She walked up to his window. He offered to take her to dinner. She already ate but agreed to go for coffee.

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2: She thought they were going close-by for coffee. There were many places. She said she doesn't the exact time but it was getting dark, around 8pm. She got in the front passenger seat. He kept driving passed Denny's. She started to get nervous.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 said she started to get nervous because he wasn't talking to her, wouldn't answer "simple" questions.

#KellenWinslow - You can hear Jane Doe #2 breathing heavily as she starts to talk about that night. Her voice is also getting softer. She's rocking back and forth.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2: He pulled the car over on the side of the road. It was dark, no cars around. He got out and walked around to her side. She locked the door. "I knew he was coming after me." She was afraid he was going to "end my life.

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2: She locked her door but he had the keys and unlocked it. He grabbed her by the wrists, she begged him not to do this, he said, "we're going to have sex. It's a done deal." https://lawandcrime.com/

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe: Do I have to say the words? Ok, "he put his penis inside me". She said it was painful. She kept her eyes closed. She said she didn't try to push him off. "I was afraid of him....he was a super big guy."

Had to stop listening and go to grocery store....go figure. Trying to catch up. Let me guess, Winslow wasn't smirking and grinning during this testimony.
I actually think that this testimony will help validate Jane Doe #1's testimony.
It is painful to hear Jane Doe #2 struggle with reliving her rape. I'm wondering how defense is going to counteract on her testimony.
In my opinion, Prosecutors are building their case with going from the weakest testimony and then block by block, taking the jury on the ride. JMO

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 identifies Winslow as the man she knew as "Kevin".

#KellenWinslow - Jane Doe #2 said she is homeless. She said about 6 months before May 2018 she was walking to a homeless shelter, carrying all her things when a man pulled up. Owens shows her a photo of Winslow's black Hummer and she says that does NOT look like the vehicle.

Cathy Russon Retweeted Cathy Russon

#KellenWinslow - The prosecution had this same problem with Jane Doe #1 yesterday. She couldn't identify Winslow's Hummer as the vehicle she was picked up in.
I just want to point out something here. I'm not knocking women because some men are not familiar with vehicles either. Most people who are not car/truck fanciers do not know one vehicle from another. It is a fact that Hummers look alot like the new large Jeeps out today. I don't think this is a big deal and it shouldn't be although the Defense is trying to make it a big deal. I think that just shows their desperation to discredit the testimony. Again, JMO.

There's going to come a time when the Defense will have to decide if they are going for the defense that it wasn't Winslow who raped them or it was Winslow having consensual sex with them. Which is it? It can't be both, IMO.

What are your thoughts?
I really think Jane Doe #2 is more credible than #1. I think the Jeep id is okay over a Hummer. I get confused at first when I see them also.

I see now they are on Break. I took a short nap, because the tweeting seem to stop. When I woke up the tweeting had not started again. This is what happens when we get old.

Also Law and Crime are covering more than 1 Trial, so I can't count on them. I wish Court TV would Tweet also. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back