Brendan Dassey: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's rape, torture, and murder?

Brendan Dassy: Guilty of Teresa Halbach rape, torture, and murder?

• He was an accomplice

Votes: 68 9.2%
  • He assisted in covering up the crime

Votes: 59 7.9%
  • He didn't help but may have seen something

Votes: 67 9.0%
  • Probably not guilty, his confession was coerced

Votes: 231 31.1%
  • Not guilty, full stop, his conviction should be vacated

Votes: 270 36.3%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 112 15.1%
  • Undecided all around, more information needed

Votes: 37 5.0%

• Total voters
If you type in the title of the book "Wrecking Crew" by John Ferak in your search engine the amazon link should come up to click on. When you get to the amazon link it will show the book there and it actually has a picture of KZ on the cover, :)
When you see the book there look to the top of the book and you should see the Look Inside, which is a preview. Click on the Look Inside and it will load for you.

I got the book free on my kindle unlimited. Imo it’s just a rehash of MM2. Imagine MM2 in text. I didn’t even finish it. Which I rarely ever do. It’s almost word for word the series. Talks all about the re-enactments shown on season 2. Quotes from season 2 etc. nothing new or different.

There is zero doubt about Dassey's involvement in the murder as he was obviously coached by Avery for this interview :

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...dan-Dassey-Interview-Transcript-2005Nov06.pdf

On page 20 ...

Dassey says "She went out of the driveway and turned left"

On page 24 ...

Dassey says "five minutes later she left and turned to the right, er wait, I ..."

After the 2nd exchange when he is trying to correct himself, he is sweating and eyes were watering.

Stevie himself made a point of telling LE and the media that EVERY TIME Teresa was there she drove away and then always turned to the left. And LE on 11/6 never asks Dassey in which direction Halbach went.

Innocent people have no reason to lie like Dassey did in this interview. Blaine never said anything about seeing Halbach's vehicle and he walked home with Brendan from the bus.

There is zero doubt about Dassey's involvement in the murder as he was obviously coached by Avery for this interview :

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...dan-Dassey-Interview-Transcript-2005Nov06.pdf

On page 20 ...

Dassey says "She went out of the driveway and turned left"

On page 24 ...

Dassey says "five minutes later she left and turned to the right, er wait, I ..."

After the 2nd exchange when he is trying to correct himself, he is sweating and eyes were watering.

Stevie himself made a point of telling LE and the media that EVERY TIME Teresa was there she drove away and then always turned to the left. And LE on 11/6 never asks Dassey in which direction Halbach went.

Innocent people have no reason to lie like Dassey did in this interview. Blaine never said anything about seeing Halbach's vehicle and he walked home with Brendan from the bus.

If you think he did it fair enough you're entitled to your opinion. However to say there's zero doubt because of a mix up of left and right is beyond ludicrous. The fact he's sweating means nothing either, I'd probably be sweating in an interview with police as well and I'm older than Brendan with a much better understanding of what's going on.

As for your other point, The officer says "you look all choked up to me". That's just a typical police tactic to get someone to talk along with the other lines they're told to use to get people to confess. There's no evidence that he was actually "choked up" at all.

If you think he did it fair enough you're entitled to your opinion. However to say there's zero doubt because of a mix up of left and right is beyond ludicrous. The fact he's sweating means nothing either, I'd probably be sweating in an interview with police as well and I'm older than Brendan with a much better understanding of what's going on.

As for your other point, The officer says "you look all choked up to me". That's just a typical police tactic to get someone to talk along with the other lines they're told to use to get people to confess. There's no evidence that he was actually "choked up" at all.

No, it's the fact he said she turned left itself. He claimed he went into the house immediately as to not bother Avery and Halbach, so how could he have seen her turn left ? At normal speed, it would a minute to get to the end of Avery Road. And just coincidentally, Avery told LE that Halbach turned left every time she was there. Innocent people have no reason to lie and Blaine never saw Halbach's vehicle.

Regarding the "Bonfire Theory" its all but impossible . After doing some research I'm not proud of in an incognito browser , human bones when cremated, usually are reduced down to smaller pieces (before being crushed) at anywhere between 1100° & 1500° Celsius. That translates to 2012°F & 2732°F for us on the metric system.

Now I have a burn barrel myself, we tend to burn leaves & miscellaneous debris that falls from our large oak and ash trees in the spring and summer months. I don't measure the temperature it gets to, but I am almost certain that it's not 2000°+! Steel starts melting at 2500°.

Understanding there was some sort of smelter on the property (please correct me if I'm wrong), this may have been a possibly but would have been a lot of work & someone would have seen/smelled it!

I am not here to proclaim the guilt or innocence of either Steven Avery or Brendan Dassey. I am here to state there needs to be a new trial. They violated Brendan Dassey's rights and there is enough evidence to suspect evidence tampering. On top of a new trial, the Justice Department needs to investigate the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Department and Kachinsky needs to be disbarred.
I could not agree more with you, this is sick beyond all belief in my humble opinion! The fact our justice system resorts to these tactics makes my skin crawl along with the fact that a man that spent 18 years in prison is exonerated and when a lawsuit is filed for $36M he is now a murderer??? I question all of this because how coincidental can all this be? Again, just my humble opinion!! The Horrifying coerced confession by Brendan is beyond scary which led to all this and the LE was the influence behind this confession... SCARY, SCARY, SCARY :blushing::thinking::drumroll:
What idiot would kill her and leave her car and put her key on your property just weird

I have exhaustively searched this thread and the internet for crime scene photos of the bedroom where BD says TH was tortured and murdered. I cannot find one photo of the police using luminol to detect cleaned up blood. The pics I can find show a mattress with no sheets and definitely no blood stain. Are there any photos or mentions of this process?

I have exhaustively searched this thread and the internet for crime scene photos of the bedroom where BD says TH was tortured and murdered. I cannot find one photo of the police using luminol to detect cleaned up blood. The pics I can find show a mattress with no sheets and definitely no blood stain. Are there any photos or mentions of this process?

Welcome to websleuths :)

You will not find any photo's. There are photo's of the bedroom, they did take a bunch of things into evidence, they found no trace of Teresa in the trailer and especially not the bedroom. They only thing "found" with her DNA was the bullet in the garage months later and that was the test that Sherry Culhane reported although the control sample was contaminated.

Here are some photo's, the first link has photo's that were entered into evidence. The second one is unofficial photo's that were not received from the courthouse, but were found either in documentaries or shows or where ever lol You will see photo's of the bedroom, one's from before they took the bedding as well.

Photos Entered into Evidence in the Trial – Steven Avery Trial Transcripts and Documents
Unofficial Photos – Steven Avery Trial Transcripts and Documents

Watching his confessions make me pause and wonder, however the evidence doesn't support it.

I don't know who did it. But whoever did it, didn't do it in the house or the garage!

I have been following this case since I've heard about it when I saw the documentary on it, and I honestly believe that neither Steven Avery or Branden Dassey have any physical evidence tying them to this case. Yes, they all have circumstantial evidence that is damming I'll give it that, but there is no shred of anything tying them to this case that was not planted by the law enforcement in this case.

I have been following this case since I've heard about it when I saw the documentary on it, and I honestly believe that neither Steven Avery or Branden Dassey have any physical evidence tying them to this case. Yes, they all have circumstantial evidence that is damming I'll give it that, but there is no shred of anything tying them to this case that was not planted by the law enforcement in this case.

Nobody planted anything.

Steven Avery will spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison as he should.

Even Kathleen Zellner knows he is guilty.

She promises ALL of this evidence that will suposedly exonerate him but we have yet to see it.

JMO

Nobody planted anything.

Steven Avery will spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison as he should.

Even Kathleen Zellner knows he is guilty.

She promises ALL of this evidence that will suposedly exonerate him but we have yet to see it.

JMO

So tell me one piece of evidence that supports the states case against them? Where’s a spot of blood in the trailer?
You really think finding a key on the 6th search or whatever it was doesn’t hint at planting? Searching a small barrel three times before they find bones?

Come on..

I strongly disagree. I believe Brendan's conscience got the best of him and he decided to talk. During the course of multiple iterations of questioning, he was being influenced by others (i.e. family) as to what to admit/not admit. While Kachinsky's investigator was absolutely out of line in the coercive questioning he inflicted upon Brendan, I believe the info Brendan shared was that which one who was uninvolved could never have known. Brendan just wasn't intellectually and emotionally able to maintain the "I dont know...I didn't do it" storyline his family was pressuring him to portray.

I dont believe, from what I have seen and read, that Brendan had effective counsel. But I don't doubt his involvement in Teresa's murder.

I think the fact that so many have different opinions on these 2 warrants new trials for Dassey at least. I think he may have been at the bonfire but unaware that a body was being burned. I don’t believe for one second he raped Theresa or shot her-no evidence to support that. I think could be others involved-finding the car was too quick more to that-possible evidence tampering -definitely-doubt we will ever know for sure what happened to her-most of all I feel sorry for Theresa a young life snuffed out to soon and her family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back