CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have loved to have seen the look on the PT's faces when McGee lost it.
I picture them slyly look at one another trying to suppress their grins.
McGee is frustrated , hasn't been well and probably feels like he has let his client down.

Thanks to L and C we are left to imagine what it was like in that court room.

I would assume it didn't happen in the jury's presence, right?

The reaction to the defense filing for a mistrial is comical LOL Especially before we don't even know what the argument is :D For anyone that would like to see Merritt convicted and for that conviction to stick should be thanking the defense for just eliminating an appeal issue, although, if he is convicted, I'm sure the denied mistrial will become part of the appeal. Thinking that the defense is "giving up" or "throwing in the towel" is funny... they are doing their job and no matter what side of this you are on, everyone should want all involved to do their job and to do it well. JMO

I would have loved to have seen the look on the PT's faces when McGee lost it.
I picture them slyly look at one another trying to suppress their grins.
McGee is frustrated , hasn't been well and probably feels like he has let his client down.

Thanks to L and C we are left to imagine what it was like in that court room.

I would assume it didn't happen in the jury's presence, right?

I think this trial has become "personal" for them all, defense and prosecution, and probably even the judge. JMO

And no, I don't imagine it happened in front of the jury, motions are usually heard outside of the jury.

I think this trial has become "personal" for them all, defense and prosecution, and probably even the judge. JMO

And no, I don't imagine it happened in front of the jury, motions are usually heard outside of the jury.
Agree it may have become personal. I don't think it was like that starting out. But, IMO, it really got bad when JM became sick. Too many stops and starts.

What does a Brady violation mean?

https://theappeal.org/the-epidemic-of-brady-violations-explained-94a38ad3c800/

In courtrooms across America, prosecutors regularly withhold evidence from the defense that could blow holes in their cases. That’s a violation of the Brady doctrine, based on a 1963 Supreme Court ruling that requires them to disclose any information favorable to the defense.

When prosecutors withhold evidence they are duty-bound to turn over, they undermine the Constitution, the Supreme Court’s case law, and the premise of justice.

Agree it may have become personal. I don't think it was like that starting out. But, IMO, it really got bad when JM became sick. Too many stops and starts.

I recall Cathy Russon saying that there has been tension since the beginning between the pro's/defense.

Dr Rubin said: I don’t have issues with his testimony it’s just I disagree with certain points.

Speaking about PT witness That took Rubins place. Forget his name.

Wow no problem with his testimony just doesn’t agree. Well okey dokey some might not agree with you either.

No biggie. Next!!!!

The reaction to the defense filing for a mistrial is comical LOL Especially before we don't even know what the argument is :D For anyone that would like to see Merritt convicted and for that conviction to stick should be thanking the defense for just eliminating an appeal issue, although, if he is convicted, I'm sure the denied mistrial will become part of the appeal. Thinking that the defense is "giving up" or "throwing in the towel" is funny... they are doing their job and no matter what side of this you are on, everyone should want all involved to do their job and to do it well. JMO

I'm not worried. I do realize they have to get things on the record in case there is a conviction.

I trust this highly seasoned judge very much. This isn't his first rodeo by far.

He certainly would know a Brady violation IF he saw one.

It evidently didnt hold legal muster, and that's why JS ruled the way he did.

Imoo

I dont know how it went down today, but I've heard the defense getting up, and say it right in front of the jury. Then the judge will dismiss the jury to hear the motion.

McGee probably did it outside of the jury's presence. Imo he already had a good idea it wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Either way the jury would know it was denied with the trial continuing.

Imoo

#mcstay Prosecution conducting cross of Dr. Rudin now. Imes: You testified yesterday that the truck [Chase Merritt] was “border line both ways” - Dr. Rudin had said yesterday that he could not reject CM’s truck

This is a bit misleading. When he said he could not reject it yesterday, that was at the 402 hearing and was before he did more calculations. JMO

Can't wait to hear the testimony from today :D

So I cheated and checked Part 3 hoping it would be the motion, I just happened to click where the above is mentioned (around 27:00 mark), and like I suspected, Dr. Rudin says that this was at the 402 hearing that he said this (which he did say, it was actually in response to a question the judge asked IIRC) that he could not accept or reject the truck. But it's clear he did more calculations after that 402 and from what I am hearing, he was still doing them last night LOL

I recall Cathy Russon saying that there has been tension since the beginning between the pro's/defense.
Interesting. The few times I was able to observe it didn't seem that way, IMO.
But, let's face it. They are adversaries doing battle.
When all is said and done they may get together over a few beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam