Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but it's possible and IMO it's a logical conclusion at this point.

I'm sure they have talked to the suspect and others. However, if LE isn't getting what they need from their discussions/questions or if nobody is cooperating they have to keep moving forward. It's a slippery slope for LE and they need to play their cards right.
jmo

This is just my opinion -

LE appeared adamantly confident the guy in the first sketch was the murderer and throughout that time many, if not most of the people posting here were utterly convinced LE knew who he was and were just building their case. ....Even though LE persistently asked for that one tip from somebody who knows this person.

As LE are still asking for that one tip, that one piece of the puzzle but now the new sketch resembles how someone appeared over two years ago so that’s why this time around I genuinely believe they’re asking for what they need.

If there was adequate evidence to solve it by their own means I think an arrest would’ve occurred by now, regardless of a sketch, because it’s not as if lack of resources have been an issue. Sifting through 42,000 tips, talking to more than 1,100 people requires a huge amount of manpower. I’m truly amazed at the priority this case have been given so far and so I hope LE does gets that one tip.

MOO they figured out who OBG is
or that it the OBG was a false report somehow.

OBG was supposed to be the only unaccounted for person in the trail that day.
But if YBG was seen somewhere else than the trail it would make sense, like walking back over I25 to get back to Delphi.

I have never thought about this possibility and it's a great one. After the chaos surrounding DN, it's probably for the best that LE doesn't release any info about having located OBG or not.

Even thought at times I have questioned my faith in LE with this case, mostly frustration, this would be a positive indication they are heading in a better direction now. I hope you are correct Boxer!

I was reflecting back on all the high optimism when the first sketch was released and thinking about the families. It must be very difficult for them to rejuvenate that same level of confidence, beginning in a new direction once again.

'Somebody knows him': Relatives hope sketch leads police to Delphi murder suspect
July 17, 2017
“You look at him, it puts a face to the guy,” said Becky Patty, Libby’s grandmother. She and her husband Mike have studied the face in the sketch over and over, ever since investigators released it to them last Thursday.

“That’s one of the first things we asked when we saw this, Becky said she asked police. “Are you sure, can you hang your hat on this?”

“They said yes,” Becky added.

The Pattys say don’t recognize the man in the sketch. They’re hoping someone, somewhere will.

“Somebody out there will know that face,” said Mike Patty.

“Somebody does, somebody knows him,” said Anna Williams, Abby’s mother....”
You are right, if it's frustrating for readers on here like us, it must be hell for the families. If there is someone who knows him, I pray they do the right thing before he does this again.

Respectfully, maybe in July they would willingly traipse across the creek but no one in their right mind would willingly do that in February in Indiana. It only makes sense IMO if they were running for their lives and either their adrenaline kicked in and they went on their own or they were ordered to do so and the threat was so great they complied. The random "warm" day confuses this issue but it was still very much winter except for a few sunny warmer than usual hours that day and the water would have been ice cold and unbearable in normal circumstances. I actually find it hard to believe crossing the creek was part of BG's plan as he himself wouldn't want to venture in that water either. MOO

That is interesting. Maybe BG did have a car, but parked at the snowbirds house, east of the SE end of the bridge, planning to abduct first.
Then the girls didn't comply ran across the creek got caught, assaulted and killed. BG gets in his car and leaves.

As DTH involved “criminal activity” other than an abduction forcing the girls “down the hill” what other circumstances might it involve?

“Indiana State Police released a photo of a suspect, which was taken by Liberty on her cell phone the day that she died. She also captured a man’s voice saying, “down the hill” during what police call “criminal activity.” ...”
Delphi Murders: Investigators say internet rumors can hinder search for Libby & Abby’s killer

ISP also recently released this statement:
“This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered“
New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect
It depends on when the "criminal activity" began. Why would telling them to go "down the hill," be more criminal than saying "I just saw you come down the hill" ? If he had them at knife-point or gun-point, anything he says is part of criminal activity. Also, even if he is approaching them to attack them shortly, even that could be called "criminal activity." All my opinion. Just possibilities, MOO.

This case has me baffled. We have sketches, photos and audio out in the public. And if LE has released who knows what volume of evidence they already have. Footprints, possible vehicle description, DNA? LE has not been shy about putting info out, doing interviews providing updates and allocating resources. Yet, no arrest in 2 years.

I still wonder about 2 things. The volume of LE personnel (between 100 and 200 at one point?) and over 40K in tips. Has the volume of tips created its own haystack from which LE has to find the needle? And the communication and documentation involved with the number of personnel involved. I know I read that other Indiana jurisdictions were providing some of their LE personnel and somewhere it was stated that while these personnel weren't rookies, some of them had little or no experience with homicide cases and their departments were hoping this would give them some experience. Even if they had homicide experience, everyone is different and LE personnel each may a different approach or style. And then there is the documentation of interviews. I have no doubt that when the tips have their slower periods the task force is going back through the earlier tips to see if a follow-on interview may help. But the documentation of an earlier interview may be misleading.

Then there are the unrelated arrests resulting from the tips. Could this fact be a deterrent to that person that may have that one tip? We all can sit here and say that shouldn't be an excuse, but this person may not have the same mindset we do.

This case has me baffled. We have sketches, photos and audio out in the public. And if LE has released who knows what volume of evidence they already have. Footprints, possible vehicle description, DNA? LE has not been shy about putting info out, doing interviews providing updates and allocating resources. Yet, no arrest in 2 years.

I still wonder about 2 things. The volume of LE personnel (between 100 and 200 at one point?) and over 40K in tips. Has the volume of tips created its own haystack from which LE has to find the needle? And the communication and documentation involved with the number of personnel involved. I know I read that other Indiana jurisdictions were providing some of their LE personnel and somewhere it was stated that while these personnel weren't rookies, some of them had little or no experience with homicide cases and their departments were hoping this would give them some experience. Even if they had homicide experience, everyone is different and LE personnel each may a different approach or style. And then there is the documentation of interviews. I have no doubt that when the tips have their slower periods the task force is going back through the earlier tips to see if a follow-on interview may help. But the documentation of an earlier interview may be misleading.

Then there are the unrelated arrests resulting from the tips. Could this fact be a deterrent to that person that may have that one tip? We all can sit here and say that shouldn't be an excuse, but this person may not have the same mindset we do.

IMO they shouldn't have announced that the incoming tips were resulting in arrests for different crimes. I think that could definitely be a deterrent to someone who has information but also has concerns that a look into THEIR background could mean jail time for something unrelated. I do think that the sheer volume of tips has also created some chaos.

My question has always been which hill. I've always assumed that they were accosted at the end of the bridge, shortly after Libby took the video of BG, and with the time crunch that makes sense. But we don't really know for sure.
Me too! Down the hill could’ve been anywhere. Maybe “down the hill” at the N end of the bridge. Maybe “down the hill” to the cemetery. The whole crossing the creek scenario never sat right with me.

You’ve said that you’ve been to the bridge and I was curious about the terrain at the north side of the bridge. I’ve seen FB posts showing pics (I think - you never know with FB which is why I stopped looking there early on) and it looks like a hang out spot. Is that true and could you walk down to the water from the north end?

It depends on when the "criminal activity" began. Why would telling them to go "down the hill," be more criminal than saying "I just saw you come down the hill" ? If he had them at knife-point or gun-point, anything he says is part of criminal activity. Also, even if he is approaching them to attack them shortly, even that could be called "criminal activity." All my opinion. Just possibilities, MOO.

Sure, maybe they started DTH to take a look at the river and were followed but I think it’s highly unlikely they were down there taking their shoes off, preparing to wade through the water in 44F (7C) weather.

Weather in February 2017 in Delphi, Indiana, USA

Excellent points, I’ve wondered the same as well.

At this point, I don't think we should read too much into GDTH. I think it was meant for voice recognition and really anything could have been occurring. We know that it was said shortly before "criminal activity" occurred. It could have been:

Him ordering them down the hill.
Guys, do you know how to get down the hill?
Do you know who lives down the hill?
Have you ever been down the hill?
etc. etc. etc.

This case just baffles me. In a town that small, you'd think someone, somewhere, would have seen/ know something. I just honestly can't wrap my head around it. With the video, the sound, I really thought this would be solved by now.

Has LE stated when the audio (DTH) was recorded? I couldn’t find a time anywhere. It could’ve been immediately after the video, but it could’ve been 30 minutes after the video.

Looks like AW was wearing converse high tops. Those would probably stay on. I believe LG was wearing Running type shoes and those could definitely come off.

When Kelsi appeared on the Dr Phil show she said when the bodies were discovered, she was asked for the shoe colour by the searchers so they could ID the bodies found were those of the two girls. She never said she was asked to identify stray shoes found somewhere.

At this point, I don't think we should read too much into GDTH. I think it was meant for voice recognition and really anything could have been occurring. We know that it was said shortly before "criminal activity" occurred. It could have been:

Him ordering them down the hill.
Guys, do you know how to get down the hill?
Do you know who lives down the hill?
Have you ever been down the hill?
etc. etc. etc.

This case just baffles me. In a town that small, you'd think someone, somewhere, would have seen/ know something. I just honestly can't wrap my head around it. With the video, the sound, I really thought this would be solved by now.

Just a clarification, LE have stated the words were spoken during criminal activity, not shortly before. It was the video that was described as “about to occur”.

“She also captured a man's voice saying "down the hill" during what police call "criminal activity.”
DELPHI: Premature to link St. Louis attack

“German’s quick thinking in the face of fear prompted Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocom to pronounce her a “hero.” That young lady is a hero, that is no doubt,” Slocom told reporters. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”..”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

Me too! Down the hill could’ve been anywhere. Maybe “down the hill” at the N end of the bridge. Maybe “down the hill” to the cemetery. The whole crossing the creek scenario never sat right with me.

You’ve said that you’ve been to the bridge and I was curious about the terrain at the north side of the bridge. I’ve seen FB posts showing pics (I think - you never know with FB which is why I stopped looking there early on) and it looks like a hang out spot. Is that true and could you walk down to the water from the north end?

I'd never even thought about the bridge in terms of "north end" or "south end" until this crime so I had to pull up a map myself and look at it because I can never remember which way is which...

You can walk down to the water from both locations. It's slightly more direct from the south end because from the north you have to go over a little embankment and then kind of veer off the trail for a few feet, but you can still get there.

When I first heard that the bodies were found in the location in which they were recovered, I just assumed that they'd crossed back over the bridge. I've changed my mind a few times since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member