CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Maline said that the defence process server dude tried to subpoena 3 witnesses? But then he only had his report ready re DK so he wasn't allowed to testify on the others.

the three were

DK
Riccobene
DKs ex girlfriend from Hawaii trip

Do I remember this right?

McGee: “No, Dr. Rudin just listen to me!”

Imes: You said yesterday, “If I could make this work, I could retire.” Rudin said something to the effect of Sir, you are impuding my reputation

Imes on cross of Dr. Rudin: So when the judge asked you on break about his method, you said, “It’s a new method I dreamed up.”

If this case wasn't so extremely serious just by reading your post one would believe it came right out of a comedy central skits. The jury's heads had to be spinning.

And this is the witness the DT picked to ended their case with? Omg!!

Jmhoo

IIRC Maline said that the defence process server dude tried to subpoena 3 witnesses? But then he only had his report ready re DK so he wasn't allowed to testify on the others.

the three were

DK
Riccobene

IIRC Maline said he couldn't find her, Imes said haven't received that report from you and then withdrew the objection and said go ahead anyway and we'll deal with whatever comes up in cross, then Maline never asked the witness about it anyway.

And I wish like heck we had the video stream!
Right!!!! like geesh! and now more audio out... and of course I have to go out for a bit shortly!!!! LOL

I am listening to the real Part 2....

Rudin is there because he was subpoenaed... not because he is willingly there.... which would explain the questioning... and would explain why Imes didn't ask how much he was getting paid right off the bat LOL

IIRC Maline said he couldn't find her, Imes said haven't received that report from you and then withdrew the objection and said go ahead anyway and we'll deal with whatever comes up in cross, then Maline never asked the witness about it anyway.

Yeah I've checked back and the report should have dealt with DK, Riccobene and Knowles. State said with offer of proof, they could deal with all 3 today. Maline started rambling. Judge insisted on report for the other 2.

Maline only examined on DK (because of this fault in the report). Maline also claimed he would call process server dude again later to deal with Riccobene and Knowles

So now it seems the State has called Knowles - making this all a bit laughable that these witnesses could not be found.

Really famous nonfiction author, hope he is considering writing a book about the case. He's written a couple books about Holmes the 19th century Devil in the white city guy.
Edit: she not he

Erik Larson? Doesn’t seem like his/her sort of wheeze.

How has Maline run all this DK crud when he knew all along from discovery that this evidence was out there?

Like he has all this evidence in his office for several years

Exactly. The jury has been scammed. Imo

It really shows how low the DT was willing to go to get a baby killer back on the streets again. Ugh.

Imoo

the three were

DK
Riccobene

It blows the mind as to what Maline was planning to examine Knowles about.

This confirms the defence deep sixed their DK witnesses.

I know your specialty isn’t California law, but does calling Knowles open the door to any surrebuttal about DK, or would it have to be more narrow—evidence concerning his Hawaii alibi?

Ok, I'm going to have to go back later and listen again, but it sounds like the motion for mistrial or whatever was about a text message from Rudin or something, along with this exhibit O.

Also, from what I have heard, Feb 15th is when the State found out that Dr. Rudin had changed his opinion.

Right!!!! like geesh! and now more audio out... and of course I have to go out for a bit shortly!!!! LOL

I am listening to the real Part 2....

Rudin is there because he was subpoenaed... not because he is willingly there.... which would explain the questioning... and would explain why Imes didn't ask how much he was getting paid right off the bat LOL
He was subpoenaed? I thought he willingly called the DT?

He was subpoenaed? I thought he willingly called the DT?

Nope. I don't have the time right now, but it all kinda goes along with the motion for mistrial, etc from what I understand at the moment. Sounds like Rudin sent something to Imes, Imes is denying receiving it, could possibly be a hearing on it... the judge is willing to do that, but not in the middle of Rudin's testimony... Part 2 is worth a listen for sure LOL

I can say one thing that I am certain of, and that is if he is convicted or there is a hung jury, this will go on and and on... *sigh*

ETA: There was a hearing yesterday and it sounds like we may have missed a bunch of stuff in regards to the motion today... Thanks L&C... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla