Found Deceased IN- Jabari B. Mbwelera, 26, Fort Wayne, 16 January 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
screenshot-www.picmonkey.com-2019.01.23-12-07-02.png

Police are searching for Jabari B. Mbwelera, 26, of Fort Wayne. They say his family and friends have not heard from him since Jan. 16.

Jabari is described as being 5’7″, weighing about 165 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Officers ask that anyone with information on his location contact the Fort Wayne Police Department at 260-427-1222.
FWPD looking for help locating missing man

Video at link.

‘If you know something say something’; Family of missing Fort Wayne man asking for your help

[...]

Jabari’s parents say they just want him to come home. They say Jabari is always in contact with someone in the family on a regular basis.

His parents say they last heard form him when he called from the Lassus Handy Dandy on Spy Run asking for a ride home, but since then, it’s been silence.

Now, his parent’s say his phone goes straight to voicemail.

They also say Jabari’s neighbor has video of him on her ring doorbell the day he went missing.

[...]

“Jabari we love you, and we want you home. This is an indescribable pain that you can’t even explain. I don’t want to continue to have to bare this, so we would ask that if you know something say something. I just also ask that those who can and will to continue to pray for him,” said Kathryn

[...]

upload_2019-1-25_0-35-32.jpeg

Community gather for vigil for missing man

Bring Jabari home. That’s what the 26-year old’s parents, family and friends prayed for Wednesday night.

The community gathered at the Abundant Love Church holding out for hope during the vigil.

Jabari Mbwelera was last heard from on January 16th when he called for a ride home from at a gas station on Spy Run.

[...]

Did someone actually go pick him up or could he have walked home? If you look at Google Maps just across the street from the station he called from is a walking path that goes up to a river. And if he was walking out of the area eastbound he'd have to take a bridge over another river. That could be a concern. if he was ill or impaired in any way. Google Maps

There was a vigil for him yesterday so hopefully, that will spark someone's memory of seeing him. Community gather for vigil for missing man

Video at link.

‘If you know something say something’; Family of missing Fort Wayne man asking for your help

[...]

Jabari’s parents say they just want him to come home. They say Jabari is always in contact with someone in the family on a regular basis.

His parents say they last heard form him when he called from the Lassus Handy Dandy on Spy Run asking for a ride home, but since then, it’s been silence.

Now, his parent’s say his phone goes straight to voicemail.

They also say Jabari’s neighbor has video of him on her ring doorbell the day he went missing.

[...]

“Jabari we love you, and we want you home. This is an indescribable pain that you can’t even explain. I don’t want to continue to have to bare this, so we would ask that if you know something say something. I just also ask that those who can and will to continue to pray for him,” said Kathryn

[...]

View attachment 165742

I wonder if the video on the neighbor’s ring doorbell was before or after he called needing a ride?

Did someone actually go pick him up or could he have walked home? If you look at Google Maps just across the street from the station he called from is a walking path that goes up to a river. And if he was walking out of the area eastbound he'd have to take a bridge over another river. That could be a concern. if he was ill or impaired in any way. Google Maps

There was a vigil for him yesterday so hopefully, that will spark someone's memory of seeing him. Community gather for vigil for missing man

I, too, would like to know if anyone picked him up. I *hate* that there’s water nearby. Ugh...:(

FEB 7, 2019
Family of missing man still looking for answers three weeks later
[...]

The reward for information on his disappearance is now up to $5,000.

Mbwelera's family said they're dumbfounded.

"Dumbfounded, heartbroken. Just unbelievable," said KM, Jabari's mom. "I had communicated with him that day and he seemed to be okay. He was well. I did find out later that day that he an altercation with someone. I found that out from the police."

[...]

The last known family member to see Jabari was his dad, KM, who picked him up the morning of the 16th.

"His car had broken down on him and he had requested that it be taken to a mechanic shop, but there was some confusion. For some reason they did not take it there. They took it to an impound lot," KM said.

Later that night, KM had missed calls and texts from his son, suggesting something happened.

"He said he was experiencing things that he did not think were normal, and he wanted to talk to me about that," he said.

[...]

KM said a neighbor shared video from her Ring doorbell with police. It showed Jabari getting into a white Cadillac.

After that, the trail went cold.

His family believes getting Jabari's phone records will help them find their son, but KM said police have not pulled the records.

"I know that his phone would tell us the last person he spoke with, the last person he text, and what he was doing days prior to his disappearance," she said.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

Missing man has warrant out for his arrest

A new twist in a missing person case in Fort Wayne.

ABC21 learned that a warrant was issued for the Jabari Mbwelera’s arrest. Jabari Mbwelera was last heard from on January 16th when he called for a ride home from at a gas station on Spy Run.

The day he went missing, police say another man brought Jabari back to his apartment and made him a sandwich. After making the sandwich, a probable cause affidavit states he picked up a frying pan and knife, approaching the victim on the couch.

The victim tells police Jabari “bashed” him in the head, arm and chest with the frying pan. When he put his arms up to block the frying pan, the victim told police Jabari jabbed his arms with the knife.

After the incident, the documents state the victim told police Jabari dragged him into the hallway into the bathroom and placed him in the bathtub before leaving.

Jabari faces a preliminary charge of battery in that case.

11N-REP-MONVO-JABARI-VIGIL_frame_0-1024x576.jpg

ABC21 learned that a warrant was issued for the Jabari Mbwelera’s arrest. Jabari Mbwelera was last heard from on January 16th when he called for a ride home from at a gas station on Spy Run.

The day he went missing, police say another man brought Jabari back to his apartment and made him a sandwich. After making the sandwich, a probable cause affidavit states he picked up a frying pan and knife, approaching the victim on the couch.

The victim tells police Jabari “bashed” him in the head, arm and chest with the frying pan. When he put his arms up to block the frying pan, the victim told police Jabari jabbed his arms with the knife.

After the incident, the documents state the victim told police Jabari dragged him into the hallway into the bathroom and placed him in the bathtub before leaving.

Wow, wasn't expecting this. New twist indeed.

What??? Are we sure there wasn’t some sort of nefarious activity happening instead of “making sandwiches”? Doesn’t make much sense to me at all

Officials in Defiance County say the body that was found in the Maumee River in May has been identified as a missing Fort Wayne man.

WPTA21 previously reported that the Defiance County Sheriff’s Office was looking for help identifying a body that was found in the Maumee River on May 24. Officials said they thought the body floated there from Fort Wayne, but it did not match any individual that was reported missing at the time.
OFFICIALS: Missing man found in Defiance Co. river

NEW: Police release video of missing man close to when he disappeared

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) – Fort Wayne Police released surveillance video from the night they believe a Fort Wayne man went missing back in January.
[...]
Fort Wayne Police tell Fort Wayne’s NBC News they believe the video was taken near the intersection of Spy Run and Anderson where he lived.

Officials in Defiance County say the body that was found in the Maumee River in May has been identified as a missing Fort Wayne man.

WPTA21 previously reported that the Defiance County Sheriff’s Office was looking for help identifying a body that was found in the Maumee River on May 24. Officials said they thought the body floated there from Fort Wayne, but it did not match any individual that was reported missing at the time.

I never saw that "previously reported " article before ( I don't think there was a thread in unidentified for it) Then again, even if I had seen it, I never would have assumed Jabari as a match if it said Ohio/white male. Although if a list of Jabari's tattoos had been reported in the media that could have been a clue.

[...]

He’s believed to be a white man, 5’4″, and 153 pounds.

Both his ears were pierced, and he had unique tattoos — on his right side, the word “music,” and on his right shoulder, the word “Gemini” with stars cascading down his back.

[...]

So very sad :( RIP Jabari

Unidentified man pulled from Maumee River may be from Fort Wayne

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members