Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he has any friends.

I’m not buying that there are several people covering for him either.

No double child killer is worth that.

Hopefully we get an answer some day.

He might NOT have close, true friends, that really know him but I do think he blends into the Delphi community. He wears a mask for society. Might be squeaky clean choir boy type.
I would hope that parents/family won't cover for him, but who knows...trying to guess why no one has id' ed him yet.

Just a clarification, LE have stated the words were spoken during criminal activity, not shortly before. It was the video that was described as “about to occur”.

“She also captured a man's voice saying "down the hill" during what police call "criminal activity.”
DELPHI: Premature to link St. Louis attack

“German’s quick thinking in the face of fear prompted Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocom to pronounce her a “hero.” That young lady is a hero, that is no doubt,” Slocom told reporters. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”..”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana
Thank you for re-posting this link.

This is one link I never mind reading again and again!

To think that a 14 year-old had the foresight to record this guy blows my mind every time I think of it.

She will forever be one of my personal heros!

JMO

Libby had on black Nikes. I’ve always wondered why the shoes were mentioned to Kelsi, black Nikes are so common. Plus whose body could they’ve found if not the girls? A dead body would’ve been an emergency whether it was them or someone else.
I have always thought that Libby hid her phone in her shoe or possibly her sock at the time the shoe came off.

JMO (Edited to add this in)

Last edited:
I have always thought that Libby hid her phone in her shoe or possibly her sock at the time the shoe came off.
I think she just put it in her pocket.

It makes the most sense, as he apparently never saw her phone.

It also explains the quality of the audio, and that extraneous background noise.

I feel like LEO are da*ned if they do, and da*ned if they don’t. Can only imagine what it’s like for those who know WAYYYYYYY more than we do, or maybe ever will. As I’ve said before, if I were the victim, I’d want them on my side searching for this creep. I don’t think they see this as a “game,” and reality isn’t tv. I rather them take the necessary time to get an airtight case...rather than details get out and the wrong person be taken to trial. JMO

Eta: spelling

It also explains the quality of the audio, and that extraneous background noise.
I also believe it went into her pocket as the crime started...but I think she left it in her sock or shoe near the end so it would be found by someone later on.

That kid sure was smart!

JMO

I also believe it went into her pocket as the crime started...but I think she left it in her sock or shoe so it would be found by someone later on.

That kid sure was smart!
Recording him was smart enough, she didn’t need to do anything else to be a hero here.

Everyone is talking a lot about shoes today. Have we had confirmation that one of the girls was missing shoes?

BP said that Libby had no pockets. She did have a jacket, but Abbey was wearing it on the bridge photo. They could have shared the jacket though.

Oh no :( this , to me, indicate that the girls probably was found without clothes, only wearing shoes, and that their faces was not recognizable .
That the only thing they could be identified by, at the time of being found, was their shoes.
I really hope I am wrong about this :(

I think it could be as simple as—they were lying face down, or faces covered in some way. The situation is still terrible, but no need torturing ourselves by imagining it worse than it might be.

The impatience and anticipation we have waiting for an arrest is nothing compared to the anxiety the locals must be experiencing! Every man is probably given a double/triple look over, and every mother must be keeping her children on a modified play area.

The energy required for this persistent vigilance and "alert" status must be exhausting.

Prayers for an arrest!
Amateur opinion and speculation

I think it could be as simple as—they were lying face down, or faces covered in some way. The situation is still terrible, but no need torturing ourselves by imagining it worse than it might be.

I'm always afraid that by speculating too much on here (as far as what he did to them) it could affect any families or friends who might find their way over here.

Has anyone thought that MAYBE LE would create a sketch to throw everyone off the sketch of OBG ? Just look at their eyes, nose, forehead book and do this to throw off OBG so that he would think he's in the clear and then maybe make a mistake? (maybe they are watching him already)Yes, it would create work for them but they could just throw all of those tips out the window and they could do their work without us bothering them.
No, not once. LE wants the public to help identify this guy and why on earth would they want to hinder us? The confusion and distrust of LE with this type of deception would be unforgivable.

Thank you! Grisly speculation, while well intended, does nothing more than further traumatize any loved ones of the girls that may be monitoring this thread.

I'm always afraid that by speculating too much on here (as far as what he did to them) it could affect any families or friends who might find their way over here.
I just posted the same thing simultaneously. *Thank you*
Grisly speculation has no place here. It can be very traumatizing, especially to the family and loved ones.

Recording him was smart enough, she didn’t need to do anything else to be a hero here.

Everyone is talking a lot about shoes today. Have we had confirmation that one of the girls was missing shoes?

@MassGuy I didn't mean to imply that she had needed to do more. I apologize if that is how my post came across.

I have nothing but admiration for Libby and would not want to take away from anything she did!

Something mentioned in the past has always had that thought stuck in my mind about the shoe being found away from the girls.

I cannot open this link as I have exceeded my limit but this is from another thread where its quoted about the shoes but does not indicate if the shoe was found separate in what has been quoted.

"......Kelsi recalled the searchers yelled up the hill to her from the murder scene, asking if she knew what the girls were wearing. Kelsi yelled back the color of Libby's shoes.

"We found them," Kelsi recalled them yelling to her.

But she wasn't allowed to go to the girls. Neither were Libby's grandparents, Mike and Becky Patty, with whom she lived, or Williams' mother....."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-tips-catch-libby-and-abbys-killer/949182001/

JMO

@MassGuy I didn't mean to imply that she had needed to do more. I apologize if that is how my post came across.

I have nothing but admiration for Libby and would not want to take away from anything she did!

Something mentioned in the past has always had that thought stuck in my mind about the shoe being found away from the girls.

I cannot open this link as I have exceeded my limit but this is from another thread where its quoted about the shoes but does not indicate if the shoe was found separate in what has been quoted.

"......Kelsi recalled the searchers yelled up the hill to her from the murder scene, asking if she knew what the girls were wearing. Kelsi yelled back the color of Libby's shoes.

"We found them," Kelsi recalled them yelling to her.

But she wasn't allowed to go to the girls. Neither were Libby's grandparents, Mike and Becky Patty, with whom she lived, or Williams' mother....."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-tips-catch-libby-and-abbys-killer/949182001/

JMO
Haaa. I didn’t mean to imply that you were implying that the girls could have done more.

My point was that capturing him on audio and video, shows how smart they were. Doing something sneaky with the phone, wasn’t necessary.

As for the shoes. That’s subjective I suppose. I’m not reading anything into the question about what color the shoes were.

I’m of the opinion that they were on their feet, and not lying separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member