TX TX - Melissa, WhtFem 44-64, UP3247, struck by vehicle, 4th toe overlaps 3rd & 5th, PM pic, Jan'04

EmilyHTX

Reaction score
A woman named Sharon Priscilla King went missing from Ben Wheeler, TX in July of 2002. She was last seen leaving her home in her vehicle and has not been seen since.

The unidentified woman was found in Melissa, TX in January of 2004, after being struck by a vehicle and killed.

Ben Wheeler, TX & Melissa, TX are about 1 1/2 - 2 driving hours away from each other, about 100 miles. I know it's a stretch, but the similarities between the NamUs facial/case ID and the Texas Missing Persons Clearing House photo for Sharon have, to me, some similarities that I can't move past.

Link to the NamUs page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Link to the TX DPS Missing Persons info for Sharon Priscilla King: mpDetails

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else sees the possible similarities or thinks that there may be something to it. I'm not sure if I'm seeing things because I want to, or if there is something that should be looked further into. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case 3247 NamUs.png
    Case 3247 NamUs.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 200
  • TXDPS - MP Sharon Priscilla King.jpg
    TXDPS - MP Sharon Priscilla King.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 174
Hi and Welcome!

Good job! I see a lot of similarities. Stats are close. IMO worth submitting.

Thank you! I'm glad to finally be a member and be actively comparing/searching. I've called the Van Zandt County SO about Sharon King, so I'll be anxiously waiting until a deputy calls me back. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

Yeah, it's freaky looking at those photos because they look quite close (particularly the jawline and nose) to me! I would certainly submit it, despite the time difference. The hair for the Doe is listed as graying/gray while King's is listed as red, but the time difference and perhaps the shorter hair, quality, etc. along with other factors could explain that.

Thank you! I'm glad to finally be a member and be actively comparing/searching. I've called the Van Zandt County SO about Sharon King, so I'll be anxiously waiting until a deputy calls me back. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

Nice work! Did you ever receive a call back regarding these cases? Were you able to officially submit this to LE or NamUs?

Here's the link to Sharon's Charley Project profile: Sharon Priscilla King – The Charley Project

Nice work! Did you ever receive a call back regarding these cases? Were you able to officially submit this to LE or NamUs?

Here's the link to Sharon's Charley Project profile: Sharon Priscilla King – The Charley Project

No call back yet, unfortunately, but I plan to check in this week with the ME's office investigator that has Jane Doe's case. He had a few guest speaker engagements at colleges, so I've tried to be as patient as I can. Hopefully he'll have some kind of news one way or the other!

In 2014, Doe Network said she was identified. However her NamUS and everything is still up????

Also here's her mugshot
500UFTX1.jpg

In 2014, Doe Network said she was identified. However her NamUS and everything is still up????

Also here's her mugshot
500UFTX1.jpg

TY, but who is she? Is this a mugshot of Jane Doe in Melissa, TX or Sharon Priscilla King? If you wouldn't mind sharing links to wherever you keep getting all this awesome info, we'd greatly appreciate it. ;) Please understand I'm certainly not trying to criticize you or anything, but WS TOS requires links to information we post, short of theories, speculations and/or personal experience. I hope you aren't offended by this and I suggest you read up on WS Rules & TOS. I've noticed several of your recent posts that (imo) should have links to credible sources for verification/confirmation. It's just how it all works here...nothing personal. :)

Here's a good place to start familiarizing yourself with the lowdown.
The Rules

TYVM for your follow-up and the link. This is all MOO so please take it for what it's worth.:oops: I'm by no means an expert or authority.

As you pointed out the Doe Network (DN) has her listed on their "identified" page. This is the only reference I could find regarding her having been IDed. Yet they also have her UID profile still active without any mention of her having been identified, which I think is unusual for DN. If I'm not mistaken they "usually" update the UID's profile. I've posted links to her profiles on DN, (EDIT - should read FBI ViCap not TXDPS), and NamUs. Based on the fact that her profiles are active on all three sites, I'd say she is still unidentified.

It could be that DN simply made an error on their "identified" page. Perhaps if you send them an email asking for clarification they'll be able to straighten it out. The criteria here at WS is that confirmation must come from LE (including NamUs) through a media release, removal of the profile or notification of ID on the profile. I think in terms of how WS operates, she shouldn't be considered ID'd at this point. I hope a mod or more experienced members will chime in with their thoughts. It is always a great idea to shine light on contradictions we find as we sleuth around. TY for doing so!

Doe Network Identified

500UFTX1.jpg
500UFTX was discovered on January 11, 2004 in Melissa, Collin County, Texas. She was identified. No additional information is available

500UFTX

500UFTX- Unidentified Female
500UFTX1.jpg

Snipped

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was struck and killed while walking northbound near the intersection of Highway 5 and Highway 121 in Melissa, Texas.

The woman may have been homeless or a transient.

Following her death, investigators discovered through fingerprint comparison she had 27 years of arrest history in seven States. She used a total of 23 names, one for each arrest.

Two of her known aliases include "Rebecca Hilda Ackerman" with the date of birth as 03/25/1959 and "Dianne Tarella Jones" with the date of birth as 03/25/1959.

Her last known arrest took place five months before her death.

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Collin County Medical Examiner
FBI ViCap
TXDPS
Melissa Police Department

Admin Notes
Added: 6/30/06; Last Updated: 10/22/19

mpDetails

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin
Missing Person Details
M0505008.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 5/24/2005

Name: Sharon Priscilla King
AKA:
Case Number:
M0505008
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible

Height: 5' 3 "
Date of Birth: 05/07/1959
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White

Weight: 145 lbs.
Age Missing: 43
Hair Color: Red
Sex: Female

Last Seen in: Ben Wheeler (Van Zandt)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 07/17/2002

Circumstances: Ms. King was last seen leaving her residence driving a metallic blue Chevrolet suburban.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ETA - JANE DOE - MELISSA, TEXAS — FBI
I linked to Sharon King's TXDPS profile. I meant to link to the FBI's profile for Jane Doe.

Last edited:
As you pointed out the Doe Network (DN) has her listed on their "identified" page. This is the only reference I could find regarding her having been IDed. Yet they also have her UID profile still active without any mention of her having been identified, which I think is unusual for DN. If I'm not mistaken they "usually" update the UID's profile. I've posted links to her profiles on DN, (EDIT - should read FBI ViCap not TXDPS), and NamUs. Based on the fact that her profiles are active on all three sites, I'd say she is still unidentified.

It could be that DN simply made an error on their "identified" page. Perhaps if you send them an email asking for clarification they'll be able to straighten it out. The criteria here at WS is that confirmation must come from LE (including NamUs) through a media release, removal of the profile or notification of ID on the profile. I think in terms of how WS operates, she shouldn't be considered ID'd at this point. I hope a mod or more experienced members will chime in with their thoughts. It is always a great idea to shine light on contradictions we find as we sleuth around. TY for doing so!
I've grown a bit wary over DoeNetwork's updates, especially when they erroneously flagged Fond Du Lac Jane Doe as identified just because her NamUs went offline for a brief moment. Then there's all the misinformation on the European cases... :rolleyes:

I've grown a bit wary over DoeNetwork's updates, especially when they erroneously flagged Fond Du Lac Jane Doe as identified just because her NamUs went offline for a brief moment. Then there's all the misinformation on the European cases... :rolleyes:

I think it may be a case of they know who she is, but they don't know who she is. They've confirmed that they've identified that she is a female with a long arrest record and many alias' based on the deceased's fingerprints.

But, perhaps her profile is still up because they don't know who she actually is ... real name.

That suggestion above though needs to be submitted; it looks like a good possibility for her possible true identity.

I wonder if they thought that they had ID'd her when they found the mugshot, but then they discovered her arrest history

Could be, but IMO it's something more akin to they know it's the woman with the extensive arrest history and +20 alias' ... but all they have is alias' so they still need to identify who she actually is to close their books, serve notification to her family of her death and allow her to find her finally find her way home.

I think it may be a case of they know who she is, but they don't know who she is. They've confirmed that they've identified that she is a female with a long arrest record and many alias' based on the deceased's fingerprints.
Where did you find this? Are there any sources?

ETA: I read your post first as concerning FdLJD since you were quoting my post without specifying who you were referring to.

Last edited:

But, perhaps her profile is still up because they don't know who she actually is ... real name.

That suggestion above though needs to be submitted; it looks like a good possibility for her possible true identity.

I wonder if they thought that they had ID'd her when they found the mugshot, but then they discovered her arrest history

Could be, but IMO it's something more akin to they know it's the woman with the extensive arrest history and +20 alias' ... but all they have is alias' so they still need to identify who she actually is to close their books, serve notification to her family of her death and allow her to find her finally find her way home.

If they know who she is (all aliases) but don't know "who" she is (legal identity), then she's not been identified which means her case probably doesn't belong on Doe's "Identified" page. :confused: I agree that Sharon should be submitted as a potential match.

So Sharon has the same birth year as the one used at least twice by Doe. Sharon’s CP page notes that she grew up in the area she went missing from and that most of her family still lives in the area - someone could still be available to provide a DNA sample if they haven’t already. CP also mentions that she had a discolored lower front tooth that had been knocked loose when she was a child - Doe is missing a front lower tooth, and trauma can lead to premature loss of adult teeth so if she spent those last few years not taking care of herself it would be a logical possibility that the tooth may have been lost. What I am trying to find is what Sharon’s history is regarding travel and places she lived and whether her family or friends can confirm whether she had a tendency to be gone from home for a day or two sometimes (to account for what sounds like a pretty frequent arrest habit). It was so long ago that there really isn’t a lot I can find on social media or online address records sources even offering up hints of where to look. Anyone else want to try? Neither Doe nor Sharon are on the other’s ruleouts, right?

Sharon Priscilla King – The Charley Project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back