OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that's where AW's father's house was located. S. Webster. I think that's where AW was arrested.

I'm showing that AW, G3, and JW, all lived at 52 Havener Lane in 2018. That address is AW's father's former address.

That makes sense. I am still curious why George registered to vote in a different town tho. I thought that some on WS had theorized that George arrived back in Ohio at a later time iirc.

I haven't seen anything, but my thoughts are that if they got a mortgage for the Peterson Rd. place, the brothers would have had to document their income. I can't say for positive they got a mortgage, but I believe they did. It's also possible FW co-signed. IDK.
I thought I read that GW2 had co-purchased the house with JW, about the time SW was a newborn - but now I don't recall what news article it was, so JMO. Second-guessing myself that it wasn't GW2 but GW4 who was the co-purchaser. I'll keep looking thru bookmarks for Peterson Rd home.

That makes sense. I am still curious why George registered to vote in a different town tho. I thought that some on WS had theorized that George arrived back in Ohio at a later time iirc.

It is odd, AW registered on 5/21/2018. G3 was registered in Peebles in 2014, and G4 was too, at the Peterson address in 9/2014.

G3 then registered at Havener Rd. in 12/2018. He had to have filled that out at the jail, or maybe it was just a change of address in the system after they arrested him, last November. They put your current add into the system. He may not have registered at all if that's the case.

I thought I read that GW2 had co-purchased the house with JW, about the time SW was a newborn - but now I don't recall what news article it was, so JMO. Second-guessing myself that it wasn't GW2 but GW4 who was the co-purchaser. I'll keep looking thru bookmarks for Peterson Rd home.

Peterson was purchased in Feb. 2014, iirc. S was born 11/2013. G4's child was born 7/2013. G3 married 11/2012.

Anyone can look up the Peterson Rd property by going to the following link and searching on the address. Be sure to look under all tabs. It shows CAB purchased the "land only" 4/23/1997, seller unknown, and sold it to EJW and GW4 2/4/2014 for $175K. Oddly enough, on these records, the house shows built in 1901. Does anyone know what a "legal description" is? This property's is "Acres: 58.1321500 1981 O BR CR J Watkins.

Adams County, Ohio: Online Auditor - Cookies

Property legal description should be Meridian Township Range Section [MTSR] then with Survey, Township Plat or Subdivision details, for instance, that shows Tracts, Blocks, Lots. May have measurements and distances in relation to USGS markers.

It is odd, AW registered on 5/21/2018. G3 was registered in Peebles in 2014, and G4 was too, at the Peterson address in 9/2014.

G3 then registered at Havener Rd. in 12/2018. He had to have filled that out at the jail, or maybe it was just a change of address in the system after they arrested him, last November. They put your current add into the system. He may not have registered at all if that's the case.

I googled GW4 voter registration in Oak Hill Ohio. It shows he registered to vote on 4/23/18 and there is an address listed. It looks like it might be RN's house. moo. jmo.

Thursday, May 23rd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *George Washington Wagner IV (27) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
11/28/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Held without bail; waived speedy trial. Next Pretrial on 1/9/19.
1/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 3/22.

3/12/19: Attorney Richard Nash Jr., for George Wagner IV, filed a motion Monday seeking information on DNA testing in the state's case. As part of the discovery, Nash is seeking the case file, laboratory protocols, evidence chain of custody & current disposition, software used for DNA testing, data files, documentation of corrective actions for discrepancies & errors, information on lab personnel & more information. They also filed motions this month seeking funds to bring in experts & seeking to have Wagner wear civilian clothes & appear without restraints at all court proceedings. He already wore civilian clothes during a pretrial hearing in January.
3/22/19 Update: June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Angela Wagner, George Wagner IV, and George “Billy” Wagner III. Demand for discovery re DNA - State doesn't think DNA evidence will be used against their client. Satisfied with statements. State had referenced 2 items of DNA in previous discovery. Court grants street clothing & no visible restraints, though done already. Next pretrial hearing on May 23.
*George Washington Wagner III – Motions hearing on 9/17.
*Angela Jo Wagner – Pretrial hearing on 7/3. Discovery hearing 9/16.
*Rita Jo Newcomb - Pretrial hearing on 6/14. Trial is scheduled for July 8–11.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – Pretrial hearing on 6/26. Trial scheduled for 7/29 thru 8/2.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner - Last pretrial hearing on 6/10.

I re-checked the Adams County Auditor's website and for the Peterson Road property, it shows GW4 and JW purchased the property on 2/4/14 for $175,000. It also shows GW4 and JW sold the property on 3/17/2017 for $165,000.

There is no reference there that shows GW3 was an owner of that property. If you have something that shows differently, that would be interesting!

I googled GW4 voter registration in Oak Hill Ohio. It shows he registered to vote on 4/23/18 and there is an address listed. It looks like it might be RN's house. moo. jmo.

I'm pretty sure if you go back and watch the arraignment for Rita this Oak HIll address is the address of her farm that she provided during the hearing. The property isn't in her name but it is where she stated she had previously been residing. The tax documents etc are set up to go to Rita at her PO BOX.

Look on Jackson County Auditor site for the details.

Adding:
Newcomb briefly spoke in court, explaining she has a residence in Oak Hill but predominately lives at her 86-year-old mother's home in South Webster.

Rhoden family massacre: Prosecutor alleges Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge

I think there is something to this location. It could be as simple as just because it's a place one or two stayed, but AC knew all about it and the fact it had no electricity, etc.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything, but my thoughts are that if they got a mortgage for the Peterson Rd. place, the brothers would have had to document their income. I can't say for positive they got a mortgage, but I believe they did. It's also possible FW co-signed. IDK.

Perhaps, this was how it was accomplished...JMO....www.wcpo.com/news/government/ohio-house-speaker-bought
An article on Cliff R0senberger acquiring his new residence. Again, JMO

Perhaps, this was how it was accomplished...JMO....www.wcpo.com/news/government/ohio-house-speaker-bought
An article on Cliff R0senberger acquiring his new residence. Again, JMO

I have to remind myself that the W's didn't do things the way normal people do them. That probably also includes things like saving for a down payment for a house, and maintaining a good credit score to be able to qualify for a mortgage.

IIRC, there was a mortgage. How they got it, IDK, and how much of the property was mortgaged, IDK. How they were able to get a huge equity loan against the house, not long after they bought it, IDK. And then sold the house for $10,000 less than what they bought it for.

Thursday, May 23rd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *George Washington Wagner IV (27) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
11/28/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Held without bail; waived speedy trial. Next Pretrial on 1/9/19.
1/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 3/22.

3/12/19: Attorney Richard Nash Jr., for George Wagner IV, filed a motion Monday seeking information on DNA testing in the state's case. As part of the discovery, Nash is seeking the case file, laboratory protocols, evidence chain of custody & current disposition, software used for DNA testing, data files, documentation of corrective actions for discrepancies & errors, information on lab personnel & more information. They also filed motions this month seeking funds to bring in experts & seeking to have Wagner wear civilian clothes & appear without restraints at all court proceedings. He already wore civilian clothes during a pretrial hearing in January.
3/22/19 Update: June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Angela Wagner, George Wagner IV, and George “Billy” Wagner III. Demand for discovery re DNA - State doesn't think DNA evidence will be used against their client. Satisfied with statements. State had referenced 2 items of DNA in previous discovery. Court grants street clothing & no visible restraints, though done already. Next pretrial hearing on May 23.
*George Washington Wagner III – Motions hearing on 9/17.
*Angela Jo Wagner – Pretrial hearing on 7/3. Discovery hearing 9/16.
*Rita Jo Newcomb - Pretrial hearing on 6/14. Trial is scheduled for July 8–11.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – Pretrial hearing on 6/26. Trial scheduled for 7/29 thru 8/2.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner - Last pretrial hearing on 6/10.

As always, thank you Niner, for keeping the case information organized for everyone!

Yes, last hearing the state and defense discussed DNA evidence and said they wouldn't be using it in GW4's trial. State has 2 items of DNA evidence.

Clerk of Courts web site still shows GW4's pretrial hearing scheduled today at 1:30 pm.

I'm pretty sure if you go back and watch the arraignment for Rita this Oak HIll address is the address of her farm that she provided during the hearing. The property isn't in her name but it is where she stated she had previously been residing. The tax documents etc are set up to go to Rita at her PO BOX.

Look on Jackson County Auditor site for the details.

Adding:
Newcomb briefly spoke in court, explaining she has a residence in Oak Hill but predominately lives at her 86-year-old mother's home in South Webster.

Rhoden family massacre: Prosecutor alleges Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge

I think there is something to this location. It could be as simple as just because it's a place one or two stayed, but AC knew all about it and the fact it had no electricity, etc.

If it's the one I'm looking at, it belongs to AW's, father's, kin, and the address is a p.o. box in that same relative's name, but in S Webster. However, RN may rent that box. One of my relatives gets mail delivered to my mailbox, but doesn't live here, for example.

I re-checked the Adams County Auditor's website and for the Peterson Road property, it shows GW4 and JW purchased the property on 2/4/14 for $175,000. It also shows GW4 and JW sold the property on 3/17/2017 for $165,000.

There is no reference there that shows GW3 was an owner of that property. If you have something that shows differently, that would be interesting!

I see what you see.

ENTRY GRANTING MOTION TO CONTINUE PRETRIAL SCHEDULED FOR MAY 23, 2019 TO MONDAY, JUNE 10, 2019 AT 10:00AM; DEFENDANT'S SPEEDY TRIAL TIME IS TOLLED THROUGHOUT PERIOD OF SUCH CONTINUANCE FILED

Thanks for the update!

ETA: I assume his attorneys are waiting for the rest of the discovery from AC, which is scheduled to be completed by the first of June, right?

If it's the one I'm looking at, it belongs to AW's, father's, kin, and the address is a p.o. box in that same relative's name, but in S Webster. However, RN may rent that box. One of my relatives gets mail delivered to my mailbox, but doesn't live here, for example.

I see what you see.

We may be looking at two different places. The one on Dickens road I am thinking of is owned by a third party. I don't know if he's related to AW's father or not. He doesn't have the Carter name. The mailing address is set to Rita at a PO Box in Oak Hill, not the South Webster PO Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304