CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been listening and waiting to hear what JD Crighton was tweeting about earlier... I think we should use extreme caution when reading her tweets, she was as confused as Imes I think :confused: I had noticed this before with her tweets, but thought it should be pointed out again. JMO

I think that is a ridiculous idea. Who knows what kind of changes the truck has gone through in past 9 years? Different battery, different light panels, bulbs etc etc.

And you could never duplicate the exact conditions of the original footage, so it wouldn't be totally accurate.

You have no idea what the camera has been through and how different it might be now too. You cannot compare the footage from 9 years ago to something you 'recreate' this many years later.

Even the driveway and the surrounding environment, lights, etc, will be very different.

It would be foolhardy for either side to agree to such a stunt.

It would not be a definitive answer as to the vehicle in the footage from 9 years ago.

Dr. Rudin disagrees. :D :D If it had been done, then maybe we and more importantly maybe the juror's wouldn't have had to listen to all of this. JMO

I think that is a ridiculous idea. Who knows what kind of changes the truck has gone through in past 9 years? Different battery, different light panels, bulbs etc etc.

And you could never duplicate the exact conditions of the original footage, so it wouldn't be totally accurate.

It would be foolhardy for either side to agree to such a stunt.

It would not be a definitive answer as to the vehicle in the footage from 9 years ago.

It’d be as crazy as having someone try on leather gloves that have been soaked in blood and then dried and stiffened for a year.

Do you think the truck is exactly the same as it was 9 years ago?

Well, I doubt that the physical measurements of it have changed. It doesn't matter what I "think", because I know that it has been painted and there is no way to know what headlights, etc. were in/on the truck at the time. Do I think the State should have done the reprojection... yep, I do. Do I think the Defense should have done it? yep I do (I am unclear if they could though) Do I think that Dr. Rudin has the skills to place the camera where it was in 2010 (angle) and guide the truck to where it should be in the video, yep. And last... do I understand why they didn't? yep! And okay... not my last... but do I think the juror's will understand why the State wouldn't do it? I do not not know.

I know that some think this testimony is not that important, but lets not forget that the jurors just asked 2 weeks ago to physically see the truck for themselves. I just heard Dr. Rudin say that he also requested to see the truck, numerous times to do his own measurements and was denied that request. I wonder what the juror's thought of that. JMO

Well, I doubt that the physical measurements of it have changed. It doesn't matter what I "think", because I know that it has been painted and there is no way to know what headlights, etc. were in/on the truck at the time. Do I think the State should have done the reprojection... yep, I do. Do I think the Defense should have done it? yep I do (I am unclear if they could though) Do I think that Dr. Rudin has the skills to place the camera where it was in 2010 (angle) and guide the truck to where it should be in the video, yep. And last... do I understand why they didn't? yep! And okay... not my last... but do I think the juror's will understand why the State wouldn't do it? I do not not know.

I know that some think this testimony is not that important, but lets not forget that the jurors just asked 2 weeks ago to physically see the truck for themselves. I just heard Dr. Rudin say that he also requested to see the truck, numerous times to do his own measurements and was denied that request. I wonder what the juror's thought of that. JMO

But the measurements also depend upon slight changes that can easily be made, in 9 years. Like new bumpers, different light panels, different kinds of storage things in the back, different running lights. There could have been a major accident and replaced fenders or bumpers.

We have no idea what changes/modifications have happened.

And the new headlights and paint job could change the way the truck looked in the 'new' recreation, making people think it was not the same one.

I think the jurors will understand. It is common sense. You cannot 'recreate' something in an identical way when you do not have identical circumstances.

But the measurements also depend upon slight changes that can easily be made, in 9 years. Like new bumpers, different light panels, different kinds of storage things in the back, different running lights. There could have been a major accident and replaced fenders or bumpers.

We have no idea what changes/modifications have happened.

And the new headlights and paint job could change the way the truck looked in the 'new' recreation, making people think it was not the same one.

I think the jurors will understand. It is common sense. You cannot 'recreate' something in an identical way when you do not have identical circumstances.

Some of these things were addressed in testimony. If the back storage things had changed, wouldn't that be an issue considering they measured it and showed those measurements to the jury in testimony and checked it with luminol? And if any changes had happened, then the FARO scans that they took in 2015 and again just a few months ago would be pretty much useless, wouldn't they? And what about the latch, why go look at a latch in 2019, if it was non-existent in 2010?

I do not think much had changed with the vehicle, at least not enough to change the dimensions of it. The color of the back storage changed, and the rear brake light housing had changed, that's all I know of from all the testimony I have heard about the truck.

JMO

It is obvious now he was truthful all along. I can imagine him saying Screw them, I don't need to produce or prove anything, I was in Hawaii. End of story. Lauren probably contacted the prosecution on his behalf to set the record straight. But there are those who will claim that the picture could have been taken at any time before, even years, and uploaded from Hawaii Feb 4th as a cover. We know this is coming. It's so predictable.

It's all because Maline has scammed the Court and everyone following along

He had the alibi evidence since at least 2016. He created this conspiracy where none ever existed.

For me it is also quite important that the prosecution witnesses and counsel told the truth about this whereas Maline lied to us.

Credibility shot, and I know whose submissions I shall prefer in closing!

I think DK would have to testify to lay the foundation for the boarding pass to be shown? Or someone from the airline. @mrjitty probably knows. Doubt DT wants DK to testify, then the PT could produce his boarding pass and lay it completely to rest.

For a while I've thought this was strategy on the PT's part, let the defense waste most of their case trying to blame it on Dan, then in rebuttal - kabam! proof that DK couldn't have done it.

I think if they recovered the boarding pass in the context of the investigation a detective could exhibit it. I doubt he still has it. I don't have any of mine from the last 20 years.

But we now know, that the detectives established the purchase of the outbound and return tickets, and confirmed DK was the passenger via passenger records.

Seeing the defence has nothing to disturb that - the issue is dead IMO

Thursday, May 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 55) (@ 10am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt aka Charles Ray Mandel aka Charles Ray Morritt aka Chase Meredith (57/now 62) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
Trial started 1/7/19. Dark on all Fridays. 7 women & 4 men & 1 ? (alternates include 4 men & 2 women-minus one).
Trial Days (1-50: 1/7/19 thru 5/7/19) reference post #1652 here:
CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

5/8/19 Day 51: Judge will allow certain portions of CM’s redacted 2014 interrogation tape related to Feb. 4th & 6th. Jurors viewed CM’s truck in the morning. Jurors back at 1:30pm & when they come back judge said portions of the tape with Merritt will be played. Tape played for jurors. Defense witness: Gary Robinson (Defense investigator). Court adjourned until Monday, May 13, when the defense will finish up with Det. Bachman & show video excerpts from Charles Merritt's police interview. Court will then be dark until Tuesday, May 21.
5/13/19 Day 52: Defense witness: Det. Bachman. Next day for court is Tuesday, 5/21 morning session only.
5/21/19 Day 53: Defense witness: Dr. Rubin (FARO scan). Trial continues on 5/22.
5/22/19 Day 54: Defense witness: Dr. Rudin. Defense had asked for remedy or sanction for failure to provide what is known as exhibit O. (Exhibit O was the original FARO scan & a Brady violation deals with failure to turn over exculpatory evidence). Defense requested mistrial for a Brady violation. After reviewing facts, Judge ruled motion for mistrial denied! Motion to recuse prosecution denied. State Rebuttal witness: Laura Forest-Knowles (Dan Kavanuagh's ex-gf) (Called out of order). Trial continues on 5/23 from 10am to 3pm.
Tentative Schedule for week of May 20th thru May 24th: NO court: May 20th (Monday). Court with jurors morning only on May 21st (Tuesday), full day of court on May 22nd (Wednesday), May 23rd (Thursday). Dark on May 24th (Friday).

Wow! Have we ever heard the story behind that?
I posted that up a while ago and was quite astounded by it but not really surprised. iirc it was info. on a search warrant that i wanted to post up some info. on and Niner included the aka's in her trial schedule.
All i can think of as to why all the aliases was because of his criminal activities, and maybe just in case anyone came looking for him because he had frauded them, or because of other reasons to do with his criminality.

Last edited:
Some of these things were addressed in testimony. If the back storage things had changed, wouldn't that be an issue considering they measured it and showed those measurements to the jury in testimony and checked it with luminol? And if any changes had happened, then the FARO scans that they took in 2015 and again just a few months ago would be pretty much useless, wouldn't they? And what about the latch, why go look at a latch in 2019, if it was non-existent in 2010?

I do not think much had changed with the vehicle, at least not enough to change the dimensions of it. The color of the back storage changed, and the rear brake light housing had changed, that's all I know of from all the testimony I have heard about the truck.

JMO
Couldn't they have traced the history of the vehicle as to who the owner/s that had it after it was reposessed from Merritt? Wonder how many owners it did have?, and what they changed on it exactly? I think they could of found out if they really wanted that information, and then they would of known for sure, IMO.

I can't hear what Daugherty's last question to Lauren was. Can anyone else?

Starts at 36.41

He says
Q. I have a weird question, when you stayed at Mr Hayne's residence, stayed there for about, a little over a month?
A. I would think about a month.
Q. Did he have any ????
A. No.

Does he say pals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics