Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see some resemblances but I dont think its him. I'm not qualified to rule anybody in or out either lol I think we are all anxious for this 1 to be resolved. It is hard to blv this man walked onto a trail in what 2017? and nobody misses him by 2019? Its sad.

I can see some resemblances but I dont think its him. I'm not qualified to rule anybody in or out either lol I think we are all anxious for this 1 to be resolved. It is hard to blv this man walked onto a trail in what 2017? and nobody misses him by 2019? Its sad.

Not everyone has good relationships with their families. But I feel like a lot of people have at least one or two friends, colleagues, or even acquaintances that would notice they were missing, unless the missing person gave them a reason in advance of why they’d be MIA for a while.

I genuinely think he was never reported missing and won’t be in any database. I don’t say that to deter anyone from trying to find matches by any means. But I just look at cases like Lyle Stevik and Lori ruff that had a large following, but no one ever came forward with enough info to be helpful in solving the case. Those cases were resolved thru dna, which now may be more difficult to do given the new GEDmatch TOS.

This is a real no for me based on this single image. Maybe another image would change my mind. Visually, with this small crop I say no.

Very aggravating Charley Project has the ability to post about him and yet significant detail such as eye color are missing. I also get frustrated with the limited images provided. Not Charley Projects fault, but just totally incomplete for so many in regard to basic identifiers.

This is a real no for me based on this single image. Maybe another image would change my mind. Visually, with this small crop I say no.

Very aggravating Charley Project has the ability to post about him and yet significant detail such as eye color are missing. I also get frustrated with the limited images provided. Not Charley Projects fault, but just totally incomplete for so many in regard to basic identifiers.

The Charley project is a website run by one person, who does not get paid to do so. She is basically volunteers her time to maintain the site. If you have additional info on basic identifiers for a case, email her.. I’m sure she’d be glad to update her site with the info.

The Charley project is a website run by one person, who does not get paid to do so. She is basically volunteers her time to maintain the site. If you have additional info on basic identifiers for a case, email her.. I’m sure she’d be glad to update her site with the info.
Oh wow. I never realized it was ONE person. That is nuts. Amazing woman!

Not everyone has good relationships with their families. But I feel like a lot of people have at least one or two friends, colleagues, or even acquaintances that would notice they were missing, unless the missing person gave them a reason in advance of why they’d be MIA for a while.

I genuinely think he was never reported missing and won’t be in any database. I don’t say that to deter anyone from trying to find matches by any means. But I just look at cases like Lyle Stevik and Lori ruff that had a large following, but no one ever came forward with enough info to be helpful in solving the case. Those cases were resolved thru dna, which now may be more difficult to do given the new GEDmatch TOS.
Usually around that 2 year mark I start believing the same thing. By then it seems like we start to see MP cases make it into NamUs and Charlie Project or the family has started making noise or a public request is made to media and some of us push for their enty into databases. I was thinking about that last night. A woman on another thread isnt listed yet but she's only been missing about 6 months. Typically, in a case that's not a popular, what's the average time it takes to see MP cases pop up on NamUs? I've never considered it but like to know that information. (I understand NamUs cant enter what isnt submitted & not all LE agencies enter cases). From the date reported missing to the date of entry into NamUs what is the average time frame? Idk why that seems important to me suddenly.

Usually around that 2 year mark I start believing the same thing. By then it seems like we start to see MP cases make it into NamUs and Charlie Project or the family has started making noise or a public request is made to media and some of us push for their enty into databases. I was thinking about that last night. A woman on another thread isnt listed yet but she's only been missing about 6 months. Typically, in a case that's not a popular, what's the average time it takes to see MP cases pop up on NamUs? I've never considered it but like to know that information. (I understand NamUs cant enter what isnt submitted & not all LE agencies enter cases). From the date reported missing to the date of entry into NamUs what is the average time frame? Idk why that seems important to me suddenly.

There is no average time frame as far as I can tell. Some states have passed laws in recent years that cases have to be entered into NAMUS within a certain time frame. Other places have no laws about it at all. But it is not dependent only on LE or the laws. ANYONE can submit a case to be entered into NAMUS. You don't have to be LE to enter MP cases there. All you have to do is sign up for an account* on NAMUS and you can start entering cases. NAMUS volunteer admins will check with police departments to make sure it is an open missing persons case before the page goes "live" on the site. Depending on the case, that could take a while. I know of some cold cases where the NAMUS page was submitted by members here but it still has not been approved. (This is only for Missing Persons of course-- for unidentified remains cases they have to be submitted to NAMUS by a coroner/LE).

*ETA: One caveat to the above is that you do have to have an United States Address to make an account. But anyone in the US can make a NAMUS account and start entering cases if they see missing person cases that should be there.

MOO.

@Gardener1850 I can see how missing & UID cases fall through the cracks or remain listed long after resolution.
If LE entered ALL of MH's Identifiers in NamUs: his mDNA, nDNA, fingerprints, dentals then he WILL be excluded as a match one way or another unless a MP case has NO identifiers? Is that correct?
I cannot view what LE has entered for MH. All I can view is the basic info and 7 exclusions.

@Gardener1850 I can see how missing & UID cases fall through the cracks or remain listed long after resolution.
If LE entered ALL of MH's Identifiers in NamUs: his mDNA, nDNA, fingerprints, dentals then he WILL be excluded as a match one way or another unless a MP case has NO identifiers? Is that correct?
I cannot view what LE has entered for MH. All I can view is the basic info and 7 exclusions.

Yes, that's the gist of it. Unfortunately we can no longer see which identifiers are available. NAMUS changed it last year so that info is only available to LE accounts. All we know for MH is that DNA was still pending at the time the Sheriff's office podcast was released. They said in the podcast his DNA was still at the lab in Texas and that since this is not a homicide it is a lower priority case for the lab.

So when you hear...They have checked his profile against the databases with no matches..what they are saying is they have scanned profiles that have dental/fingerprints..All other profiles in the database cannot be ruled out unless they have scars/tattoos that MH did not have..Once they have MH DNA..then they run the scan and all profiles that have DNA can be ruled out..and all that don't cannot be ruled out. So there can never be a complete rule out of the database until all profiles have DNA or dental or fingerprints

Oh wow. I never realized it was ONE person. That is nuts. Amazing woman!

Yes it seems crazy that one person maintains it all on her own, for no financial gain. I wasn’t trying to be rude earlier.. I genuinely suggest contacting her if there is a case on the site that you have updated info on. No site or site owner is perfect, but I think she really just wants to help.

Sorry for going off topic.

So when you hear...They have checked his profile against the databases with no matches..what they are saying is they have scanned profiles that have dental/fingerprints..All other profiles in the database cannot be ruled out unless they have scars/tattoos that MH did not have..Once they have MH DNA..then they run the scan and all profiles that have DNA can be ruled out..and all that don't cannot be ruled out. So there can never be a complete rule out of the database until all profiles have DNA or dental or fingerprints

I completely agree. This is why from time to time I still have a look on NameUs to look for new cases. I highly doubt they have someone checking databases for new cases 24/7. If anything has become clear over the past few months, it’s that this case is not a priority for LE. I really hope that they will eventually colaborate with DDP because I feel like this is the perfect case for them.

If the DNA cant be compared if they're not the same type DNA? So say they have MH's nDNA and a MP case on NAMUS has mDNA they can't compare correct?

I took some time off for fresh perspective, but I still think MH is either this guy, or he was never reported missing. I never emailed CCSO to ask.

The first set is computer/artist generated age progression compared to computer/artist generated representation of MH predeceased. Both based on bone structure.

The second set is an actual pic from 1995 compared to pic of MH.

The last set are the missing kid's mom and dad in their late 30s. As you can see, the dad has a lot of grey hair before age 40. Its MOO that he resembles the father.

These pics all came from websleuths and Canada's missing kids website(s). They are also in multiple MSM articles about his and his brothers' disappearance. Some sleuthers think they are no longer living, however there is no evidence that that is the case, and sitings in the US in New York State and other places continue to be reported, even after all this time.

Sorry but I never shook this one off.

Attachments

• 20190526_234310.jpg
    20190526_234310.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190526_235106.jpg
    20190526_235106.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190526_235207.jpg
    20190526_235207.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 96
Ellie, I read about this when you posted awhile back and I certainly couldn’t rule him out.

Likewise, but now I cannot remember the circumstances of the missing Canadian boys, or their names. I do find this resemblance more striking than any other potential match that has been suggested for MH. @EllieGato can you repost the link to the boys' case please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member