Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said that there's 8 minutes of additional audio, and in the link above with the interview of Kelsi, she mentioned that her grandparents had listened to it. We have no idea what that audio consists of, though.
Just to clarify, is there a separate link for that quote re 8 minutes of audio or do you mean it was said in this interview? I watched this some time ago and didn't remember that.

Do you think he's possibly killed since? I guess I don't, but I'm curious.

Thats a good question, I'm not sure theres any way to know, If he has moved away I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there is another victim or victims since the delphi murders

Sometimes perps, like I believe we have here can go extremely long periods before their firsts and second murders. Other times they move on and begin the same process all over again

My belief is that he's still at his same location, keeping a low profile and continuing his normal daily routine

I think with the continued intense media coverage and a very active investigation going on that hes probably still laying low

But honestly its hard to gauge bc monsters like this are just plain ticking time bombs IMO

They can go off at anytime, they generally have little to no self control

JMO

Last edited:
That begs the question, do you think BG is a one time killer or does anyone think he has killed before? I myself am leaning towards that his "profile", as thin as it is with the little facts we have, could hold clues in the direction of previous killing(s). Just thinking out loud again and AJMO

For the most part, I've thought that he most likely had not killed before (although leaving open the possibility that this is the same guy who killed the girls in Iowa).

But based on your original question, thinking about similarly brazen crimes, and the only one I could come up with was a freaking Zodiac murder I am starting to reconsider that.

Killing since the murders? I personally don't think he has.

I sincerely believe BG is exactly what we see. I don't think he is wearing a disguise. I think he has spent a lot of time on those trails/bridge. I don't think he is smart or above average intelligence. I don't think he cared where he parked. I think he parked where he always parked when going to that trail and he was comfortable parking there. I think the risk of it all was part of the thrill and he is just flat out lucky! He did what he did because that is what he wanted to do...moo

I don't believe he has probably killed before just based merely on the individuals suspected age and nature of the crime

JMO

I'm agreeing with your excellent prediction, ab01, above.

I believe he has attacked people before though.

He might have even "failed" in those attacks.

Doing searches on cities near Delphi, university campuses, and parks, there's seems to be a few attacks where someone tries to drag a victim away.

Maybe a jogging college student was too strong for BG?

I'll bet it is hard to drag a fighting 20 year old co-ed behind some trees on a college campus because there's
a) less trees
b) campus security
c) more people milling around.

I wouldn't be surprised if BG was no match strength-wise for a healthy active, adult so he sought out a location with
a) children, teens "hanging out"
b) more forest and tree cover
c) no security personnel or cameras

I'm willing to bet here's the TYPE of crime BG might be associated with in the past, not necessarily this crime in particular:

Woman says she was grabbed and dragged by a masked man near Purdue University campus

JMO, MOO, and amateur psychological musings and relentless speculation ......

I sincerely believe BG is exactly what we see. I don't think he is wearing a disguise. I think he has spent a lot of time on those trails/bridge. I don't think he is smart or above average intelligence. I don't think he cared where he parked. I think he parked where he always parked when going to that trail and he was comfortable parking there. I think the risk of it all was part of the thrill and he is just flat out lucky! He did what he did because that is what he wanted to do...moo

Agreed

occam's razor

Simple and straight forward, many times crimes like these are committed out of simple impulse

Hiking trails and isolated victims, Want, See, Assault, Murder

Last edited:
I'm agreeing with your excellent prediction, ab01, above.

I believe he has attacked people before though.

He might have even "failed" in those attacks.

Doing searches on cities near Delphi, university campuses, and parks, there's seems to be a few attacks where someone tries to drag a victim away.

Maybe a jogging college student was too strong for BG?

I'll bet it is hard to drag a fighting 20 year old co-ed behind some trees on a college campus because there's
a) less trees
b) campus security
c) more people milling around.

I wouldn't be surprised if BG was no match strength-wise for a healthy active, adult so he sought out a location with
a) children, teens "hanging out"
b) more forest and tree cover
c) no security personnel or cameras

I'm willing to bet here's the TYPE of crime BG might be associated with in the past, not necessarily this crime in particular:

Woman says she was grabbed and dragged by a masked man near Purdue University campus

JMO, MOO, and amateur psychological musings and relentless speculation ......

It's very possible and maybe even likely that he may have attempted to abduct before

I don't believe BG wore a mask or disguise in the Delphi murders because I don't believe he had any plans of leaving and witnesses

jmo

Last edited:
Yep

I think a lot of the speculation around it has come from the fact that many want to believe that Carter was speaking to a specific known individual

I don't believe they knew who that individual was at the time of that statement and they still may not even today

Like you said I think it was just more of an emotional and spiritual reference

JMO

I think a lot of times that lack of information leads to overthinking when, most of the time, things are much simpler than they appear.

- Carter references a very popular Christian movie called THE SHACK-a movie that came out not long after the girls were murdered-so the girls must have been taken to an outbuilding.

- The searcher asked Kelsi what color shoes Libby was wearing* so the girls must either have been nude or the shoe was off her foot.

- Carter, someone who's made other religious remarks, states that the girls are not how BG left them so it must mean that they were "posed" in death.

- Because nobody heard the girls scream, it must mean that BG used a ruse, like a fake badge, to get them to go "down the hill."

- BG's clothing appear "too big" for him, so he must have been in a disguise, including a fake nose and possible wig.

IMO the idea that this could've been totally random is so scary that it's also why many people think there was a social media connection and that BG followed them there-even though the family has stated that it was a last minute decision and no online activity has been reported (either through rumor or reporting).

Sometimes when you follow a lot of crimes your mind goes into overdrive. IMO this crime is a simple one. It's finding BG that's difficult.

* After reading more about the "shoe" incident it sounds like the searcher asked Kelsi what Libby was wearing (as in all of her clothing) and SHE was the one who replied and specified the color of her shoes. That's different than the searcher asking what color shoes Libby had on.

Just to clarify, is there a separate link for that quote re 8 minutes of audio or do you mean it was said in this interview? I watched this some time ago and didn't remember that.
I don't remember anything said about the length of time, but I do remember it was said in a post a while back (soon after the last PC) that Kelsey had said in an interiew that her grandparents had listened to it and there wasn't much after the short clip that could be heard, or maybe that could be understood.
I don't know which interview or article they were referring to or whether or not that is true, though. Imo

I've seen it quoted as 40 minutes (which I believe came from a rumor and isn't verifiable at all) and 8 minutes. The problem is that several of Libby's family members have answered questions about some of these things outside of MSM so finding a MSM link to back it up is difficult.

Regardless, the original question that I was replying to asked if there was additional audio/video and the answer to that is yes. Here are the sources:

In this article more audio is mentioned. It would appear that this audio was recorded before their attack.

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man.

And this one points to more.

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.

And this one is interesting because it says that the audio may say something about the crime, but it doesn't specify if the additional video referenced was taken before Libby started recording BG or after. It IS interesting that he states that BG "approached them" on the bridge. I don't think I've seen that before.

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators have more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.

It doesn't specify how long here, but it is said that there is more. I'll keep trying to find the other link.

Last edited:
It's very possible and maybe even likely that he may have attempted to abduct before

I don't believe BG wore a mask or disguise in the Delphi murders because I don't believe he had any plans of leaving and witnesses

jmo
bbm

If he would have had been disturbed by witnesses (and he didn't know before, if this would be the case), a disguise of his face/head would have been meaningful perhaps, IMO.

I liked your ETA, as well. If he had followed the girls for awhile, and was nearing his approach, his adrenaline might have been running higher than the bridge.

When I was younger, I went through a rock climbing phase. I was able to do so, regardless my fear of heights. But walking across that bridge still looks scary as hell to me. That's why I completely believe BG had been on that bridge before (adrenaline or not).
He hadn't to be used to exactly this bridge, the second highest in Indiana, but maybe he just knows bridges in general and how to walk on top of it in different weather conditions. IMO

bbm

If he would have had been disturbed by witnesses (and he didn't know before, if this would be the case), a disguise of his face/head would have been meaningful perhaps, IMO.

I don't believe it was that complicated

I think his planning was to corner them on the other side of the bridge, control them, assault them and murder them.

I think he had walked the trails close to the bridge and knew there was nobody in the immediate vicinity

If there was I believe he waited for them to move well up the trail away from the bridge before he attacked

I don't believe he thought about a disguise bc he didn't think it was necessary

If he thought somebody else was near I believe that he would have left and tried again at another time

Its my belief that a mask would most likely be used so that the assault victim/s could not identify the attacker. He had no thought of allowing them to have that opportunity in this case

Wearing a mask on the trails would have been a dead give away that something nefarious was going on

And I don't believe BG wanted to draw any suspicions upon himself

All JMO and my own amateur speculation

Last edited:
Thats a good question, I'm not sure theres any way to know, If he has moved away I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there is another victim or victims since the delphi murders

Sometimes perps, like I believe we have here can go extremely long periods before their firsts and second murders. Other times they move on and begin the same process all over again

My belief is that he's still at his same location, keeping a low profile and continuing his normal daily routine

I think with the continued intense media coverage and a very active investigation going on that hes probably still laying low

But honestly its hard to gauge bc monsters like this are just plain ticking time bombs IMO

They can go off at anytime, they generally have little to no self control

JMO
Yes....depending on his motivation....he could be getting ready to explode again.

I think he is telling the killer that the girls live on in heaven.
He believes this is all about control to him. Killers have said in the past that the moment their victims die is what gives them the most excitement. It gives them a God-like feeling of power.
I think Carter was trying to agitate him by taking that feeling of control away while also appealing to his conscience using religious references.
The killer has probably felt in control throughout this investigation considering they were not getting close to finding him. So Carter is telling him he doesn't hold the cards. He did not succeed in ending their lives forever. There is a higher being that is more powerful than all of us, and in the end, goodness will win over evil. Imo
If BG doesn't believe in anything, then what Carter said, would be senseless. Maybe, BG laughed at that and thought "Okay, maunder on, chief!"

I don't believe it was that complicated

I think his planning was to corner them on the other side of the bridge, control them, assault them and murder them.

I think he had walked the trails close to the bridge and knew there was nobody in the immediate vicinity

If there was I believe he waited for them to move well up the trail away from the bridge before he attacked

I don't believe he thought about a disguise bc he didn't think it was necessary

If he thought somebody else was near I believe that he would have left and tried again at another time

Its my belief that a mask would most likely be used so that the assault victim/s could not identify the attacker. He had know thought of allowing them to have that opportunity in this case

Wearing a mask on the trails would have been a dead give away that something nefarious was going on

And I don't believe BG wanted to draw any suspicions upon himself

All JMO and my own amateur speculation

I agree. If a disguise is noticeable in a grainy picture that shows almost no fine details then it would've really stood out in person. If someone wants to blend in, they don't don fake noses or latex, IMO. Talk about standing out.

I think part of what was going on with him was overconfidence. I don't think he wore a disguise because I think he was confident that he'd get in and out without being noticed or caught, the same way I think he underestimated the assault of 2 teenagers and thought it would be easy (he never counted on one of them recording him).

The girls thought BG being creepy - maybe, a not as genuine recognizable face was the reason?
Btw: I'm not convinced, BG had some mask indeed. But the nose in the video, compared with the nose on the new (old) sketch, is looking plenty of bulbous, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen it quoted as 40 minutes (which I believe came from a rumor and isn't verifiable at all) and 8 minutes. The problem is that several of Libby's family members have answered questions about some of these things outside of MSM so finding a MSM link to back it up is difficult.

Regardless, the original question that I was replying to asked if there was additional audio/video and the answer to that is yes. Here are the sources:

In this article more audio is mentioned. It would appear that this audio was recorded before their attack.

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

And this one points to more.

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

And this one is interesting because it says that the audio may say something about the crime, but it doesn't specify if the additional video referenced was taken before Libby started recording BG or after. It IS interesting that he states that BG "approached them" on the bridge. I don't think I've seen that before.

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

It doesn't specify how long here, but it is said that there is more. I'll keep trying to find the other l

Imo 40 minutes is the approximate timeframe from when the video of BG is time stamped until Derrick's call to Libby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie