GUILTY TN - SLP, 14, found alive, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

With all of the evidence (that we know about) that prosecutors have, it makes you wonder why they would even contemplate a plea deal here? What circumstances will they release about this?

Perhaps one of our lawyers could offer up some scenarios? If they have time, of course. I wonder if @gitana1 might be able to help?

I don't know. I mean plea negotiations are par for the course. It's much cheaper to have a guilty plea than a trial, appeal, etc.

Spares the victim as well.

And we've seen on here how difficult it is for many to see this rapist as anything but the child's savior. So knowing many have that mindset, maybe the Feds don't want to risk some juror thinking he was just a hapless but well intentioned rescuer, who accidentally coerced a young child abuse victim into being raped on video and sending it to him.

I don't know. I mean plea negotiations are par for the course. It's much cheaper to have a guilty plea than a trial, appeal, etc.

Spares the victim as well.

And we've seen on here how difficult it is for many to see this rapist as anything but the child's savior. So knowing many have that mindset, maybe the Feds don't want to risk some juror thinking he was just a hapless but well intentioned rescuer, who accidentally coerced a young child abuse victim into being raped on video and sending it to him.
I for one was sympathetic to BR's actions until the sex charge and lying to the FBI. It was always bizarre that he drove down to Tenn. He could of just as easily told her to get proof other than the video and contact the State Police if they were uncomfortable with local LE.

I've wondered if SP talked to someone outside the family in Georgia and wasn't believed? There is a story there I'm sure. The move to Tenn. with resultant home schooling really locked SP down. SP is lucky she didn't end up in a worse situation going with BR.

Agreement: Wisconsin man who transported TN teen faces minimum 10 years in plea agreement

Bryan Rogers, the Wisconsin man who encouraged a 14-year-old Tennessee girl to make a video of alleged abuse by her adoptive father and then brought her to Wisconsin, will plead guilty to a charge of bringing her across state lines to have sex with her, documents show.

He faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison.

The count is among several included in a superseding indictment against Rogers. With the agreement, Rogers would not face prosecution for other counts including one that charges him with exploiting her by having the girl make the sexual assault video."

Ok, we now have the rest of the story without the details, good.Yet 10 years and he will be out? Or perhaps earlier.

ETA

Wisconsin man agrees to plea guilty to taking, having sex with Madisonville teen

Anvato Universal Player

The second link says the minimum is 10 years and the maximum is life.

ETA video embedded in first link said after he gets out, he will have five years of supervised release. So disappointed in the justice system as pedophiles like this do not change their stripes. Moo

@Gitana1

Last edited:
Agreement: Wisconsin man who transported TN teen faces minimum 10 years in plea agreement

Bryan Rogers, the Wisconsin man who encouraged a 14-year-old Tennessee girl to make a video of alleged abuse by her adoptive father and then brought her to Wisconsin, will plead guilty to a charge of bringing her across state lines to have sex with her, documents show.

He faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison.

The count is among several included in a superseding indictment against Rogers. With the agreement, Rogers would not face prosecution for other counts including one that charges him with exploiting her by having the girl make the sexual assault video."

Oh, we now have the rest of the story without the details. 10 years and he will be out? Or perhaps earlier.

Wisconsin man agrees to plea guilty to taking, having sex with Madisonville teen

Anvato Universal Player

The second link says the minimum is 10 years and the maximum is life.

ETA video embedded in first link said after he gets out, he will have five years of supervised release. So disappointed in the justice system as pedophiles like this did not change their stripes.

@gitana1
This is assuming he survives that federal prison term. Let’s hope “his new friends will treat him appropriately.”

Who exactly is he going to pay restitution to and for what? Unless he has a wad of cash already saved after paying his legal fees, how is that going to happen? He will be in prison, not working for 10 years. Then, he’s unlikely to find a decent paying job upon release due to his record. No victim wants dirty money from their rapist 15 years later. Jeez.

“According to the agreement, Rogers would face at least five years of supervised release after serving his federal prison term. He also would have to pay restitution.”

Oh and yes, the United States of America, home of the free... free to recommit the same disgusting crime. Why? Because we have a legal system, not a justice system. My good friend taught me that. She’s an attorney.

This is assuming he survives that federal prison term. Let’s hope “his new friends will treat him appropriately.”

Who exactly is he going to pay restitution to and for what? Unless he has a wad of cash already saved after paying his legal fees, how is that going to happen? He will be in prison, not working for 10 years. Then, he’s unlikely to find a decent paying job upon release due to his record. No victim wants dirty money from their rapist 15 years later. Jeez.

“According to the agreement, Rogers would face at least five years of supervised release after serving his federal prison term. He also would have to pay restitution.”

Oh and yes, the United States of America, home of the free... free to recommit the same disgusting crime. Why? Because we have a legal system, not a justice system. My good friend taught me that. She’s an attorney.

I too remember a quote from a regarded attorney that it is not the justice system, it is the legal system. Something I have kept in my mind as I follow trials and cases here. I know we all want Justice, but it is indeed the legal system and it is not always Justice unfortunately.

ETA O/T

Did you guys see the breaking news that Jesse Matthews has stage 4 colon cancer.

Jesse Matthew, convicted of killing two Virginia college students, has stage 4 cancer

Madison man to plead guilty to taking girl, 14, across state lines for sex, agreement states

5/22/19

According to a plea agreement filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Madison, Bryan Rogers, 31, will plead guilty to a charge added last month in a superseding indictment that alleges he brought the girl from her home in Madisonville, Tennessee, to his mother's home for sexual purposes and kept her hidden there until Jan. 31, when Rogers was arrested.

The charge carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison, with a maximum sentence of life, though it's unlikely Rogers would receive anything approaching the maximum under advisory federal sentencing guidelines.

Under the agreement, Rogers would waive the right to appeal his sentence if he receives a sentence of less than 15 years in prison.

No date for a plea hearing has been set, according to court records.

A second count of transporting a child across state lines for sex would be dismissed under the agreement. An indictment alleged that on Jan. 27 and 28, Rogers took the girl from Madison to St. Louis, then back to his home in Madison.

a7b9c82e-0a46-4627-90a7-2d6a2da2c794_750x422.png

Updated: 6:49 PM EDT May 21, 2019

The agreement is detailed in a document filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Madison, Wisconsin.

a7b9c82e-0a46-4627-90a7-2d6a2da2c794_750x422.png

Updated: 6:49 PM EDT May 21, 2019

The agreement is detailed in a document filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Madison, Wisconsin.

Well now we know for sure - BR was no savior. I hope he gets 20 years or more. JMO

Well now we know for sure - BR was no savior. I hope he gets 20 years or more. JMO

Clearly he was not her saviour. I sat on my hands for a while but no longer.

Just another predator preying on a vulnerable child. In this case it's even worse because he pretended to be helping her get out of a very bad situation and put her right back into the same abusive situation. Unbelievable.

Hope he gets the maximum. I can't imagine he's going to have an easy go in prison. Too bad - so sad (read sarcasm).

MOO

I waited to know. I was disappointed he was a white knight, and made that clear long ago but did not class him at the level of the stepmonster. I trust that now they have all of the info needed to make an informed decision.

All three, mom included, deserve consequences for what they did. I personally await more charges...

I find it sad that a 14 year old who cannot drive and was intentionally isolated and could not turn to mom had no other options. All due to what HE had been doing to her since what was it the age of two or three? Without BR she would be with her stepmonster. I do not mean that as a credit to him in any way, shape or form; I mean it to say that her options were limited to very likely certain types as were her means of communication with the outside world, or to remain left to the hands of her stepmonster (i refuse to put the word dad in there).

Bottom line is that this was yet another brave girl who saved herself with limited options. I hope even if never touched, the other siblings are never put near these "parents" again. The stepmonster can never understand how for all of his control of her through these years, he was bested by a young girl who he did his best to groom and control from an early age.

All jmo.

Poor SLP fell victim to a familial child abuse situation from her stepfather and at a minimum neglect by Mommie Dearest. As if all of that couldn't get any worse, she fell prey to an online child predator who posed as a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I hope they all rot, they are all guilty IMO.

I waited to know. I was disappointed he was a white knight, and made that clear long ago but did not class him at the level of the stepmonster. I trust that now they have all of the info needed to make an informed decision.

All three, mom included, deserve consequences for what they did. I personally await more charges...

I find it sad that a 14 year old who cannot drive and was intentionally isolated and could not turn to mom had no other options. All due to what HE had been doing to her since what was it the age of two or three? Without BR she would be with her stepmonster. I do not mean that as a credit to him in any way, shape or form; I mean it to say that her options were limited to very likely certain types as were her means of communication with the outside world, or to remain left to the hands of her stepmonster (i refuse to put the word dad in there).

Bottom line is that this was yet another brave girl who saved herself with limited options. I hope even if never touched, the other siblings are never put near these "parents" again. The stepmonster can never understand how for all of his control of her through these years, he was bested by a young girl who he did his best to groom and control from an early age.

All jmo.

In all likelihood, if not for BR, SLP most likely would be gone. Quite possibly at her own hands. No dancing around her written words to her intended rescuer. She was at the end of her rope. (Really, no pun intended!)

However, and brace yourself, this man demanded a rape for evidence. And then brought her home, and raped her.

Always prayers to SLP, and her siblings. May they reward themselves with wonderful lives and Amazing futures.

And may all these monsters be shown that Justice does work.

Man pleads guilty to taking 14-year-old girl from Tennessee to Madison for sex | Crime and Courts | madison.com

Plea hearing yesterday.

Out of respect for the minor, I will not copy and paste but there is much new information I think we did not know in this article, including the first night that she was there. #%&÷/*#/*/#!

He’ll be sentenced on September 13. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison. The maximum penalty for the charge is life, though advisory federal sentencing guidelines make that sentence unlikely. Under the plea agreement, Rogers waived his right to appeal his sentence if it is 15 years in prison or less.

Wisconsin man who says he asked Madisonville teen to record rape for evidence pleads guilty as part of plea deal

"The girl's mother, Christine L. Pruitt, also is charged with tampering with evidence"

Last edited:
Poor SLP fell victim to a familial child abuse situation from her stepfather and at a minimum neglect by Mommie Dearest. As if all of that couldn't get any worse, she fell prey to an online child predator who posed as a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I hope they all rot, they are all guilty IMO.

They will all rot.
We will be hearing of their downfall, as Karma works magic.
Looking forward to further reports.
MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708