GA - William Hess, 71 & Dorothy, 72, shot to death in home, Winder, 20 May 2019

Short video of couple's home. Son and family lived across the street (grandson found them). Both homes taped off.

Surely there would be no connection to Lake Oconee murders (Dermonds) 1 hr. 16 mins. away?

What a terrible ending for this couple.

Nowadays the suspect could be anyone from a total stranger pretending they needed help or someone who knew them either casually or a family member.

I hope they find out quuckly who did these horrendous acts.

I have read so many cases in recent years where the elderly are being targeted.

Imo

It made me think of the other case of an 83 year old elderly woman in Georgia.

The suspects invaded her home brutalizing her. They crushed bones, but that was not enough so they set her on fire while alive. She died a few days later. The suspects demanded money, and she had none to give them.

Imo

How terribly sad. From the above article, they sound like good people who had worked hard their entire lives and were just starting to enjoy retirement. I hope LE get the answers they need quickly and are able to make an arrest.

Grandson is not a suspect but they do have both homes taped off, which is odd to me. Police say car may hold the key.

Car 'could be key' in finding out who killed elderly couple in Winder home, police say

They may have done so thinking the suspect or suspects may have been lurking around both homes, and properties before striking this elderly couple. Maybe they found footprints on both properties? Or the scent trailing dogs showed the suspect were on both properties?

Another beautiful couple brutally taken when evil crossed their path.

So many very kind, and loving people are being murdered nowadays. So very sad.

Imho

Barrow County elderly couple's violent cause of death released
The search for a mysterious black car continues - one that the sheriff says is 'integral' to the investigation.

WINDER, Ga. — Investigators have now released the cause of death for two grandparents found deceased in Barrow County, Monday.

Sheriff Judd Smith told 11Alive that both 70-year-old Willard Ron Hess and 72-year-old Dorothy E. Hess were shot to death that investigators are treating the case as a double homicide. Smith said he learned the cause of death around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Barrow County elderly couple's violent cause of death released

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back