SPAIN - Peter Wilson, 32, Irish tourist, Malibu Park Hotel, Tenerife, 23 Mar 2019

Also, Peter was seen late on the Saturday night - don't know where, when or by whom. All these things need clarifying. Was he drunk? Was he near water?

IF his mate really flew home after one day, was it because they'd had an argument or he'd heard something he didn't want to be involved with? How easy would it be to get a same day flight home? And expensive!

Just looked up flight times from Dublin - Tenerife and back
https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/...-19/daa-winter-timetable-2018-hr.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Friday 22nd it looks like there was only one flight out:
Depart Dublin 14:20
Land Tenerife 18:45
FR7122 (Ryanair)

Saturday 23rd / 30th there are two returning:
Depart Tenerife 13:35
Land Dublin 18:00
FR7123 (Ryanair)

Depart Tenerife 18:40
Land Dublin 23:05
EI765 (Aer Lingus)

Friday 29th I assume this was the flight Peter should have been on:
Depart Tenerife 19:20
Land Dublin 23:45
FR7123 (Ryanair)

Also, Peter was seen late on the Saturday night - don't know where, when or by whom. All these things need clarifying. Was he drunk? Was he near water?

IF his mate really flew home after one day, was it because they'd had an argument or he'd heard something he didn't want to be involved with? How easy would it be to get a same day flight home? And expensive!

It makes sense that if they were separated on Friday night and the friend wanted nothing to do with what Peter was doing, he might fly home the following morning. That would explain why no one realized that he was missing until a week later. That would also suggest that the friend knows something.

I know of a few people who returned home the day after arriving somewhere. One friend thought it was a good idea to visit Syria roughly 10 years. That ended with returning home the day after arrival - very expensive to change flights, but probably safer than remaining in Syria.

It is considered to be a suicide. No one but the Tenerife authorities believe it.

This Brit probably felt no danger either:

"A retired grandmother-of-five who was beheaded in a supermarket was unable to defend herself in the “absolutely abhorrent event,” an inquest heard yesterday.

Jennifer Mills-Westley, 60, was shopping in a Chinese-owned shop in Los Cristianos resort, Tenerife, when she was brutally attacked on the morning of 13 May 2011."
Grandmother beheaded in Tenerife supermarket was defenceless in 'abhorrent attack'
More dangerous then London or Dublin?

It seems that when tourists are missing for a day or more, the assumption is that they are partying or sleeping off a party. Police can't search for every tourist who disappears for a few days simply because normal healthy adults have the right to be out of contact if they choose. It was only when he missed his flight that authorities had something that is not normal, and that's when an investigation starts. That makes sense.

I have a question about the friend. If he left on March 23, the day after they arrived, that's odd. If the article is poorly worded and Peter was last seen on March 23, and the friend left the following Saturday, it makes more sense.

Someone else reported that Peter was seen on Saturday night, although it wasn't mentioned where he was seen. Did the friend leave earlier that day, or were they out together and the friend left a week later. Did they get separated that night, and Peter didn't return to the hotel? Was the friend frantically looking for him and it could not be reported until Peter did something unexpected, like miss his plane?

If that's the case, then the friend knows a lot. He knows where they were when Peter was last seen, who they were with, who Peter was with when they were separated, and someone should be able to follow the trail from there - I would think.

As with Amy the whale trainer, the first place they likely checked is the shore line. If he wasn't there, where could he be? Can it still be a suicide?

Were Peter and his friend out Saturday night, March 23, Tenerife and they became separated. Peter didn't return to the hotel? Does this need to be notched up?

Hasn't he been missing for a week and authorities have done nothing? Are authorities unable to distinguish between party animal and missing person?

Okay this Spanish newspaper says that his suitcase is still in the hotel room he had and hasn’t been touched as well as his passport is in his suitcase. I read a few different Spanish newspapers and they all say the same thing.

“Iba a volver el pasado viernes y la maleta sigue ahí m la maleta todavía estaba allí, sin tocar. Perdió su vuelo y luego la policía de Tenerife se involucró más", aseguró. Además, añadió que "su pasaporte todavía estaba allí con todas sus pertenencias".

La familia del irlandés desaparecido en Canarias: "Estamos buscando una aguja en un pajar"

I have not seen any new updates in either MSM or SM in regards to Peter's disappearance.
I hope his family was able to contact his friend who traveled with him to Spain but returned to Ireland without him. I hope family is making progress in getting some type of answers about Peter.

There are a couple of family members who are still "on it". Hope this is OK to say as it's from a FB post, but the family have been checking hospitals, homeless shelters and prisons - no sign of Peter in any of those places.

He looks like a lovely fella, two young kids as well, so sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back