Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no interest in getting into a hyperbolic shouting match. I am not saying CPS did everything right. We don’t know for certain because that information is not public.
Me either, just stating what is known from the facts presented,the facts are Maleah is likely Dead,and CPS, and Judge were in charge of protecting Maleah from this. Bottom line They had power to keep her out of harms way. They put her back there.
MOO

Me either, just stating what is known from the facts presented,the facts are Maleah is likely Dead,and CPS, and Judge were in charge of protecting Maleah from this. Bottom line They had power to keep her out of harms way. They put her back there.
MOO

I soooo agree. Same thing happens repeatedly, day after day after day, nation wide.

She was. The children were appointed a guardian ad litem. As they almost always are. Everyone wants to blame CPS but I for one am glad that my children cannot be taken away without evidence. The anger and blame IMO should go to the parents and family who were not forthcoming with evidence of abuse, which they apparently knew about. JMO

disagree the blame falls on everyone involved.

Signs were there, times are limited in court rooms everything is pushed along. Most of the times it is more about the money ! LOL .. Ps ia M not arguing stating

Steve Campion on Twitter
“We really believe we have a little girl that was murdered,” said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo. #MaleahDavis #abc13 #BREAKING #hounews
12:12 PM - 23 May 2019 from Atascocita, TX

Brandi Smith on Twitter
"I really believe in my heart of hearts, somebody knows something." - Chief @ArtAcevedo on the #MaleahDavis case. #KHOU11 #HTownRush
12:12 PM - 23 May 2019

Brandi Smith on Twitter
“Our focus is finding this little baby, getting her, recovering her body. I can sit here and say we’re going to find her alive, but I’d be lying to you” - Chief @ArtAcevedo on search for #MaleahDavis #KHOU11 #HTownRush
12:14 PM - 23 May 2019

Steve Campion on Twitter
“I could sit here and tell you we’ll find her alive. I’d be lying,” said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo. “We really believe we have a little girl that was murdered.” He asked for the public’s help today to “recover” #MaleahDavis.
12:21 PM - 23 May 2019 from Atascocita, TX

ummm faked being ill is something a kid or teenager would do. MOO

Absolutely. Or someone who wanted time off work without people asking questions. That’s if him telling work he was sick is even what happened, given how many versions of the story there are.

My point was that if Maleah was still alive I can’t believe he kept her off daycare, planned to leave her home alone and then just happened to be ill at work and have to go back home. And on more than one occasion. MOO.

The child usually has a separate lawyer, although I don't know if that's the case in Texas. In NY they do. It is someone who is just representing the child and they interview and spend time with the child separately from both parents to get the child's side of the story and determine what is in the best interest of the child. It is someone who is experienced in working with kids and they are very good at looking for specific things, like whether or not the child has been "coached" in what to say. Imo

In Texas we have Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) assigned to each child. Their mission is exactly what you have described above.

Regards,

Thank you for posting this! I'm at work and missed part of it. It's infuriating that they are not receiving cooperation from anyone involved. The image of that beautiful little girl just lying in a ditch, like unwanted waste, just hurts my heart. IMO, LE knows what happened. I pray she is found soon and the evil murders are brought to justice.

Updated: 12:46 PM, May 23, 2019
Maleah Davis case: Stepfather's story has hole big enough to 'drive big rig through,' chief says

[...]

Acevedo said HPD is still searching for Maleah, 4, and pursuing leads, and he urged anyone with information to come forward. He also pledged an extra $5,000 from HPD to increase the total reward money of up to $10,000 in the case.

"Maleah deserves to be found, be recovered and deserves a proper burial, and we need the community's help," he said.

Acevedo said Derion Vence, the man police describe as her stepfather and who is charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse, in connection with the case, has told police a "tall tale" and is not cooperating with investigators.

"We strongly believe he knows where she's at and if he wanted to tell us, he would," Acevedo said about Vence.

Vence's story has a whole so large, "you could drive a big rig through it," Acevedo said.

He said Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, is communicating with police, but that she is not the focus of the case.

[...]

Thank you for posting this! I'm at work and missed part of it. It's infuriating that they are not receiving cooperation from anyone involved. The image of that beautiful little girl just lying in a ditch, like unwanted waste, just hurts my heart. IMO, LE knows what happened. I pray she is found soon and the evil murders are brought to justice.
Dang scathing without being scathing. The message is loud,and clear.
MOO

SMH. The skull bashed in half wasn't enough proof. It's all about protecting the rights of everyone but the child.
So it's ok to bash a child's skull in, but Gawd forbid you upset the people in charge of the child.
Don't even look sideways at them, don't question them or the lawyers will unleashed upon you. Don't question CPS, or judges. Because reunification is the name of the game, and the cards are stacked against the very child that they are in charge of,and have ALL the power, the FINAL (FATAL) say. The gavel came down, Maleah's fate was sealed.
If Maleah had half the defence these people have we wouldn't be here today.
MOO

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN

I think in family court system the family is assigned an attorney. Sometimes the child has one too.

Interesting, I have actually been waiting for QX to say that no one is searching for the kidnappers. I guess it is a given that DV is the one...no one is looking for a blue truck with three men. Has DV admitted that is a lie? It seems like his family is still on that page.
My daughter is involved in family court in Illinois and no, she wasn't appointed an attorney. Family lawyers can be very expensive because the cases can drag out for years.

JMO

Updated: 12:46 PM, May 23, 2019
Maleah Davis case: Stepfather's story has hole big enough to 'drive big rig through,' chief says

[...]

Acevedo said HPD is still searching for Maleah, 4, and pursuing leads, and he urged anyone with information to come forward. He also pledged an extra $5,000 from HPD to increase the total reward money of up to $10,000 in the case.

"Maleah deserves to be found, be recovered and deserves a proper burial, and we need the community's help," he said.

Acevedo said Derion Vence, the man police describe as her stepfather and who is charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse, in connection with the case, has told police a "tall tale" and is not cooperating with investigators.

"We strongly believe he knows where she's at and if he wanted to tell us, he would," Acevedo said about Vence.

Vence's story has a whole so large, "you could drive a big rig through it," Acevedo said.

He said Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, is communicating with police, but that she is not the focus of the case.

[...]

Thanks for this.

We figured DV had a tall tale. He’s confident they’ll never find her, imo. That will keep his lips sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member