CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that it was the standard question, where the judge asks Merritt about testifying... and they took a short recess to discuss. Now both sides have rested. And hopefully we will get the cams back for closings!

I have a feeling that it was the standard question, where the judge asks Merritt about testifying... and they took a short recess to discuss. Now both sides have rested. And hopefully we will get the cams back for closings!

So actually Knowles DID testify in order? Or did the defense call someone else this morning?

I listened to the testimony, I wasn't confused at all. He had an opinion before Feb 5th. He came and gave testimony in the 402 hearing and gave his opinion, which was he could not accept or reject Merritt's truck. After the 5th, he did more calculations because he found a file that was mis-labelled (it was the FARO scan of the neighborhood) On Feb 15th, IIRC, he informed Imes that his opinion had changed and at some point requested that they do a live reprojection since they had the truck and the camera was still on the Mitchley house, he was denied that request (there was stuff mentioned in a hearing that we did not get to hear on Monday I believe) At some point, after Liscio testified, he contacted the defense to request or tell them to do the live reprojection. (I still do not know if the defense could actually do this). It sounds like he didn't really want to give the defense all of his findings (Rudin says McGee was very angry at him haha), and they ended up subpoenaing him. The link I provided clearly states what his opinion is and it's not that he has no opinion, it's that with the available data he would reject Merritt's truck but he is open to being over ruled if they (anyone he says, him, Liscio ,the FBI) will do the "crown jewel" of tests and do a live reprojection, although he doesn't see how it's possible to be the truck, it would be more definitive.

Imes did try to confuse the jury though, which Rudin called him out on it and McGee cleared it up on re-direct. Rudin had sent an email at 3am, McGee didn't even discuss the exhibits with Rudin before he testified yesterday (which I thought was pretty brave of McGee LOL) Then further confusion ... IMO.. with a tweet yesterday that had the wrong info with what they were showing on the screen. :confused:

The video I linked is only a few minutes long, anyone that wants to hear what his bottom line is, it's there and you don't have to listen to all of the testimony.
I listened to the testimony, I wasn't confused at all. He had an opinion before Feb 5th. He came and gave testimony in the 402 hearing and gave his opinion, which was he could not accept or reject Merritt's truck. After the 5th, he did more calculations because he found a file that was mis-labelled (it was the FARO scan of the neighborhood) On Feb 15th, IIRC, he informed Imes that his opinion had changed and at some point requested that they do a live reprojection since they had the truck and the camera was still on the Mitchley house, he was denied that request (there was stuff mentioned in a hearing that we did not get to hear on Monday I believe) At some point, after Liscio testified, he contacted the defense to request or tell them to do the live reprojection. (I still do not know if the defense could actually do this). It sounds like he didn't really want to give the defense all of his findings (Rudin says McGee was very angry at him haha), and they ended up subpoenaing him. The link I provided clearly states what his opinion is and it's not that he has no opinion, it's that with the available data he would reject Merritt's truck but he is open to being over ruled if they (anyone he says, him, Liscio ,the FBI) will do the "crown jewel" of tests and do a live reprojection, although he doesn't see how it's possible to be the truck, it would be more definitive.

Imes did try to confuse the jury though, which Rudin called him out on it and McGee cleared it up on re-direct. Rudin had sent an email at 3am, McGee didn't even discuss the exhibits with Rudin before he testified yesterday (which I thought was pretty brave of McGee LOL) Then further confusion ... IMO.. with a tweet yesterday that had the wrong info with what they were showing on the screen. :confused:

The video I linked is only a few minutes long, anyone that wants to hear what his bottom line is, it's there and you don't have to listen to all of the testimony.
This trial has gone far beyond it’s expected time frame with so many starts & stops , the jury must be fed up by now.
I don’t think Rudin’s testimony did much for the defense , yesterday.
This was the testimony that the defense claimed was so important, the trial had to be delayed ,yet again.
Was it worth the risk of angering the jurors?
They’re the ones getting jerked around , hourly.
Not the impression I’d want my defense team to leave at the end of the trial. JMHO

So actually Knowles DID testify in order? Or did the defense call someone else this morning?
No clue because everyone that is there sucks LOL Time wise, I'm thinking they must have called someone this morning? Court was to start at 10am, it's now 11:15 am, so must have been a witness this morning?

No clue because everyone that is there sucks LOL Time wise, I'm thinking they must have called someone this morning? Court was to start at 10am, it's now 11:15 am, so must have been a witness this morning?

I’d hope so! But time didn’t really matter, today. They certainly weren’t going to start on closing arguments. On the other hand—the reaction of the jury to being pulled into the courtroom, just to be told to go home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73