GUILTY KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

"The killings occurred just days before Martin faced a military court-martial on charges of assault consummated by battery upon a child under the age of sixteen and conduct unbecoming an officer, according to military records. Martin was ultimately convicted of assaulting his stepson by coming up behind him, “placing his arms around his stepson’s neck in a ‘rear naked choke,’ lifting him off the ground, and squeezing his neck until his body went limp and felt numb,” according to the records.

Authorities said Calvin Phillips was scheduled to testify in the court-martial proceedings, but the nature of his testimony was unclear."

Commercial pilot Christian Martin indicted in Kentucky triple homicide

Arrest!!

Dad died over evidence he gave Army, victim’s son says after pilot’s arrest in triple homicide

Christian “Kip” Martin was taken into custody at the Louisville International Airport Saturday morning before he was scheduled to fly an American Airlines flight to Charlotte, according to WDRB. Martin was charged with three counts of murder, three counts of evidence tampering and one count each of arson, attempted arson and burglary in the deaths of Calvin and Pamela Phillips and Edward Dansereau, whose bodies were found Nov. 18, 2015, in Pembroke.”

Wednesday, May 22nd:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 11:30am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51) arrested & charged (5/11/19) & indicted (5/10/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, arson, 1 count of attempted arson, burglary of the 1st degree & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Christian Circuit County
May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
5/22/19: Arraignment hearing.

American Airlines pilot pleads NOT guilty to the 2015 murders of three people | Daily Mail Online

The American Airlines pilot who was arrested for a triple murder minutes before he was to fly a plane out of Louisville airport pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to a slew of charges that could see him face the death penalty.

Christian 'Kit' Martin ambled nonchalantly into court in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, shackled at the waist and ankles. He had been due to appear via video from his temporary home in the jail across the street from the courtroom, but technical problems led to Judge John Atkins calling him in person.

Martin, dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit and gray Nike sneakers, did not speak during the brief hearing.
[.....]
Calvin had been having an affair with Martin’s wife, Joan Harmon, and Martin killed Pam and Dansereau in a twisted plot to cover his tracks, neighbors believe.
[.....]
Martin, 51, is charged with three counts of murder, two of burglary, two of tampering with evidence, one of arson and one of attempted arson. Prosecutors have not yet decided whether to seek the death penalty. Kentucky has only executed one person in the last 20 years.

Good article - it explains what happened - all the twist & turns!!
But of course, no future court date stated....

@SeesSeas - I see you are my "go-to" for Kentucky cases! :D

Can you find the next court date for Martin? Maybe a little too soon? I believe he is in the Christian Circuit Courts, at least that's what my notes say! TIA! :)

Oops - never mind @SeesSeas - found another article with a date:

Kentucky town hopes for closure as pilot returns to face triple murder charges

A pretrial conference is scheduled for July 10.
I went ahead and looked up the case. Online access to case details requires paying $$.
I got confused for a moment. . . Defendant first name is CHRISTIAN. County is CHRISTIAN.

KCOJ Docket
CHRISTIAN County CIRCUIT Court Docket for 07/10/2019
19-CR-00298 COMMONWEALTH VS. MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD
(PRETRIAL CONFERENCE)
1 0091505 COMP MURDER NA
2 0091505 COMP MURDER NA
3 0091505 COMP MURDER NA
4 0220605 COMP BURGLARY, 1ST DEGREE NA
5 0220605 COMP BURGLARY, 1ST DEGREE NA
6 0200035 COMP ARSON, 1ST DEGREE NA
7 0200031 ATT ARSON, 1ST DEGREE NA
8 0502305 COMP TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE NA
9 0502305 COMP TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE NA
10 0502305 COMP TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE

KYeCourts - Guest Login
MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD (D)
• CHRISTIAN : 19-CR-00298
COMMONWEALTH VS. MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD
W / M
Next PRETRIAL CONFERENCE is scheduled for 07/10/2019 at 11:00 AM in room C2

So, after reading the Daily Mail article let me see if I have this straight: CM "marries" JH in 2004 (but wait...she's still married to husband #2 and lied to CM about the circumstances of that marriage). In 2014, CM files for divorce but come to find out, their marriage was never legal since JH was still married to husband #2. In the meantime, JH has been having an affair with the neighbor, CP (unknown when the affair started). Following CM's telling JH of his intention to file for divorce in 2014, CP and JH gather evidence that leads to a court martial of CM. The military hearing was scheduled to occur in 12/15 and CP was supposed to be a witness at the military hearing, however its in dispute as to whether he was to be a witness for the defense or prosecution.

On 11/19/15 (approximately 2 wks before the military hearing), CM allegedly kills CP in his basement and attempts to burn down the house so CP will not be found after the house collapses. He then allegedly kills CP's wife (PP) and his neighbor, ED, and proceeds to place their bodies in a car together and set it on fire. The purpose of killing PP and ED (according to CP's good friend) and placing them in the car together was to make it look like they were having an affair and that CP killed them, burned his house down and then went on the run. Except, CP's house didn't burn and he was found dead.

Ugh, what a mess. So diabolical and just evil.

It angers me that some of the news articles are talking about the affair as fact, and I think we should be careful not to do the same since he is no longer here to defend himself. According to CM’s wife, he made that up to give motive as to why CP would testify against him. I personally do not believe there was an affair. CP was still living with his wife and they had a rental property they let JH use to get away from CM. Another article said he put PP and ED together to make it look like they were having an affair as well.

Recording of victim 2 weeks before murders reveals connections to person of interest

“Calvin Phillips also became agitated when asked if he was having an affair with Harmon.

"What they're going to say to you, Calvin, is that you had an extramarital affair with this woman, and this provides the motive to set him (Martin) up,” the investigator said.

“The problem is, how do you create something? You've got to have the resources to build what you're talking about,” Calvin Phillips said“

‘"There are questions if you were having an affair with Cal Phillips,” Finley asked Harmon.

"No. My ex-husband has been trying to say that since I left him,” Harmon said.”

From the daily mail article posted above:

“Steve Durham told DailyMail.com he is sure police have finally got the right man in the triple murder.

'I am convinced that Kit Martin killed them. No-one else had any reason to,' Durham, 64, said.

'I believe he shot Cal and then shot Ed and Pam and put them in the car. He tried to burn the house down and if that had happened it would have been a big collapse and they probably would never have found Cal's body in the basement.

'He made it look like Ed and Pam were having an affair and that Cal had killed them, then burned his house down and gone on the run — and they would never have found him.'

But the fire in the two-story brick house on Pembroke's Main Street, failed to burn because all the windows were shut and there was not enough oxygen for the flames to take.”

Thursday, July 11th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 11am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts burglary of the 1st degree & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
5/22/19: Arraignment hearing. 5/22/19: Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/11.

Oops! How did that happen??!! :rolleyes:

Only a day off... must have been a typo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back