Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m slightly on the fence but leaning heavily on CPS side. As sad as it would be for the kids not to live with family the need to keep them safe trumps all.
What the volunteer organizations have done has been wonderful BUT who is going to continue to provide food, clothing, school supplies, etc??

Weren’t the siblings living with the grandparents already when King Jay died?? Or am I remembering wrong?

Four of King Jay's siblings were removed more than a week ago by Child Protective Services. The children were removed after CPS investigators were told of possible sexual abuse from their step grandfather decades ago and also a lack of supervision.

Judge deciding whether or not to put siblings of baby King Jay in care of grandparents
That article confused me a little. Here's another one - it was Jasmine, King Jay's mom, who said the step-grandfather sexually abused her in the past.

In this case it's the CPS worker who objects to the kids going to the grandparents.
All of the parties, except CPS, agreed that the five children should remain in the care of Morales and Yee for the time-being.

Children’s Court Associate Judge Richard Garcia is expected to make a ruling on the children’s placement after court resumes Thursday afternoon.
CPS removed King Jay’s siblings after mother made claims of sexual abuse, caseworker testifies

I hope someone keeps a close watch on these children.

The judge says the children will stay with their grandparents, who they were removed from more than a week ago.

Judge Garcia said he found no reason for the children to have been removed.

The infant removed will be returned by the weekend.

“I don’t find any immediate danger to remove. You didn’t meet your burden,” Garcia told the lawyers representing Child Protective Services.

All five of Jasmine Gonzales' sons, age new born to 8-years-old will return to Gonzales’ mother’s and step father’s care.

Tears of joy streamed down the face of family members hoping for this outcome

Judge decides siblings of baby King Jay to remain in care of grandparents

Well hell, I wouldn’t believe a word Jasmine sais! She says he sexually abused her BUT she wants the kids to live there?? Goood grief!

Looks like Judge didn't believe Jasmine either -- ordered the children returned to the maternal grandparents.

Siblings of baby King Jay Davila to return to grandparents’ home, judge rules

"My finding is there was no reason to remove them from the grandparents, for various reasons," said Richard Garcia, an associate judge in children's court.

The state removed the children from the only home they have ever known earlier this month, citing concerns for safety after King Jay died in January. Christopher Davila, who was living with the boy’s mother, first said the baby had been kidnapped in a car theft, but the story unraveled and Davila eventually led investigators to a shallow grave where the boy was buried.
[...]
Garcia said while the state presented concerns about adequate supervision and appropriate medical care for the surviving children, their arguments did not convince him the children were in immediate danger at the hands of the grandparents.

“I don't find that to be abuse or neglect in that regard, so that was not a reason to remove, and I didn't find any immediate danger,” Garcia said. "It's in their best interest that I place these children with the grandparents—today.”

The five children had been staying in two different foster homes in the Comal County area, according to testimony.

The state tried to establish a pattern of abuse and neglect, testifying that caseworkers saw one of the boys run into the street unattended when they pulled up to the house for a visit. The same worker testified that when a child fell from a couch, the grandparents did little to see if the child was injured.

Well hell, I wouldn’t believe a word Jasmine sais! She says he sexually abused her BUT she wants the kids to live there?? Goood grief!

Were these the same Grandparents who lied in the cover up? Great plan, leave kids with a pedophile.

Were these the same Grandparents who lied in the cover up? Great plan, leave kids with a pedophile.

The siblings are with Jasmines parents. They are not the parents involved in the cover up.
I understand the grandparents love the kids. My concern is they don’t seem to be able to support them. They have been receiving a lot of help from multiple organizations. The organizations have fixed up damage and mold in the house, done clothing drives, bought groceries. What happens when these organizations move on? I hope someone is helping them figure out a long term solution and not just putting a band aid on it.

Monday, June 3rd:
*Set Trial Date Hearing (see below) (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endangerment $500K, tampering $250K). These charges were dismissed on 4/23/19.
Was released on 1/5/19 on bail when only charged w/child endangerment.
Rearrested & charged (1/11/19) & indicted (4/4/19) with felony charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury - omission, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Plead not guilty. $1.25M Bond.
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA will be filing new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.
2/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 2/27 & 3/7. 4/3/19: Indicted on 4/3/19 for charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission & altering/destroying/concealing a human corpse. Arraigned on 4/4/19 moved to 4/12 re possession. Plead not guilty. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/4 on injury to child-omission & alter/conceal human corpse.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA will be filing new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.
2/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 2/27 & 3/7. 4/3/19: Indicted on 4/3/19 for charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission & altering/destroying/concealing a human corpse. Arraigned on 4/4/19 moved to 4/12 re possession. Plead not guilty. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/4 on injury to child-omission & alter/conceal human corpse.
4/12/19 Update: No update on arraignment hearing (possession) as of 4/14. Plead not guilty. Trial set for 7/8; possession of firearms set for 7/15.

Only for *Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) for aggravated robbery, indicted (1/11/19) & arraigned (4/5/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. $300K bond.
Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres, 45, as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6. 2/26/19: Defense will ask for bond reduction at this hearing on 3/6.
3/6/19 Update: Awaiting indictment. 4/4/19: Indicted on 4/4/19 for charges of tampering with evidence. Arraigned on 4/5/19. Plead not guilty. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/3.

Only for *Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) & arraigned (4/5/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor.
Beatrice had been the one who drove Torres to the gas station so that she could pretend to abduct King Jay & dispose of the car seat. Torres told authorities that Beatrice Davila had disclosed to her that King Jay had been severely injured by the baby’s father. Both women now face charges of tampering with evidence.
2/9/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6.
3/6/19 Update: Awaiting indictment. 4/4/19 Indicted 4/4/19 with tampering with evidence. Arraigned on 4/5/19. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/3.

Elizabeth Sampayo said she believes Davila, her cousin, called his mother when he realized King Jay was dead. She was adamant that Beatrice Sampayo put the rest of the events into motion.

“You have no idea what you’re dealing with here,” Elizabeth Sampayo said of her aunt.

She said Torres, 45, her cousin, was goaded by their aunt into helping Davila. Torres was captured on video in January, according to an arrest affidavit, getting into Davila’s car at the gas station and driving it away, making it appear to was stolen with King Jay in it.

Like Beatrice Sampayo, Torres and Davila were indicted in April on charges of tampering with evidence. Davila faces additional charges, including injury to a child causing severe bodily injury, a first-degree felony. He remains in jail.

Elizabeth Sampayo appeared to question her aunt’s frailty.

“Beatrice has been sick since before I was born,” she said. “I’m 38 years old. She’s been dying all my life.”

When asked if reports that Beatrice Sampayo is battling terminal cancer are true,” she replied, “maybe.”

She said King Jay’s death has split the family.

Beatrice Sampayo and Torres had court hearings scheduled before Judge Kevin O’Connell on Monday, but both cases were reset.

San Antonio woman claims her elderly aunt was the ‘mastermind’ in hiding King Jay’s death

Tuesday, June 4th:
*Set Trial Date Hearing (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – Only for *Christopher Sampayo Davila (34) “father” arrested (1/10/19), charged (1/11/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/4/19) with injury to a child, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, & altering/destroying/concealing a human corpse. Indicted (4/3/19) with possession of a controlled substance & being a felon in possession of a firearm. Plead not guilty. $1.25M Bond. *Bexar County #2019CR3713-injury/#2019CR-3712-conceal/#503011-poss firearm/#503010-poss drugs
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA filed new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.
2/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 2/27 & 3/7.
3/7/19 Awaiting indictment. Defense files motion for reduction in bail on 3/12/19.
4/3/19 Indicted on injury to a child, child endangerment, tampering w/evidence, possession of a controlled substance & being a felon in possession of a firearm. Arraigned on 4/4, continued to 4/12 for possession charges. Plead not guilty. Bond reduction denied. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/4 for injury to child charges & alter/concealing human corpse.
4/12/19 No update as of 4/14 re possession arraignment. Plead not guilty. Trial for possession in on 7/8. Possession for firearm trial starts 7/15.

*Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) & charged (3/13/19) with aggravated robbery and charged (1/11/19), indicted (4/4/19) & arraigned (4/5/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. $250K bond. #056081/Robbery; #056148/tampering
Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres, 45, as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6. 3/6/19: Ask for bond reduction. Awaiting indictment. 4/4/19 Indicted on tampering with evidence. Arraigned on 4/5. Plead not guilty. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/3. No update as of 6/4.

*Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) (Davila’s mom) arrested & charged (1/10/19), indicted (4/4/19) & arraigned (4/5/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor. Case# 056146
Beatrice had been the one who drove Torres to the gas station so that she could pretend to abduct King Jay & dispose of the car seat. Torres told authorities that Beatrice Davila had disclosed to her that King Jay had been severely injured by the baby’s father. Both women now face charges of tampering with evidence.
2/9/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6. Awaiting indictment.
4/4/19 Indicted on tampering with evidence. Arraigned on 4/5. Plead not guilty. Next Set Trial Date hearing on 6/3. No update as of 6/4.

San Antonio woman claims her elderly aunt was the ‘mastermind’ in hiding King Jay’s death

The mother of a San Antonio man accused of injuring King Jay Davila and faking a kidnapping to disguise the baby’s death is a “manipulator” who orchestrated the cover-up scheme, according to the mother’s niece.
[.....]
“She’s a manipulator,” Sampayo said of her aunt.

Elizabeth Sampayo said that when she was a child, she and her cousins would be left in Beatrice Sampayo’s care and the woman would give the children tranquilizers so she could get her chores done.
[.....]
Davila is engaged to King Jay’s mother, Jasmine Gonzales. Both claimed Davila was the father, but Gonzales later admitted in court that he is not. She recently gave birth to another boy and says this one is Davila’s.
[.....]

“Beatrice has been sick since before I was born,” she said. “I’m 38 years old. She’s been dying all my life.”
[.....]
Beatrice Sampayo and Torres had court hearings scheduled before Judge Kevin O’Connell on Monday, but both cases were reset.

The Court site is down right now - so I'll look up their cases tomorrow to see if there is a new date.

San Antonio man accused in King Jay case refuses court appearance

Christopher Davila, 34, who is accused in the death of King Jay Davila, refused to appear in court Tuesday.
[.....]
Courthouse observers said it is unusual for a defendant to refuse to appear, and that a judge can sign an order to force an appearance if there is a trial pending. However, since this is a first court setting since Davila’s bail reduction hearing in April, he was not forced to appear in court.

In April, the judge declined the motion to lower Davila’s bail, which is set at $1.25 million.

Davila:

Date Description
8/13/2019 TRIAL DATE SET
8/13/2019 AWTG TRIAL
6/5/2019 ATTY NOTICE FAXED FOR SETTING 08132019
6/5/2019 ATTY NOTICE EMAIL FOR SETTING 08132019
6/4/2019 TRIAL DATE SET

link: https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...pher&m=&&p=1_2019CR3713+++++D2271887495100000

Torres & Sampayo:

Date Description
8/12/2019 TRIAL DATE SET
8/12/2019 AWTG TRIAL
6/12/2019 REFERRED TO CLM AWHC BND_11AM
6/5/2019 ATTY NOTICE FAXED FOR SETTING 08122019
6/5/2019 ATTY NOTICE EMAIL FOR SETTING 08122019
6/3/2019 TRIAL DATE SET

link: https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...ngie&m=&&p=1_2019CR3711+++++D2271887574100000

The mother of a San Antonio man accused of injuring King Jay Davila and faking a kidnapping to disguise the baby’s death is a “manipulator” who orchestrated the cover-up scheme, according to the mother’s niece.
[.....]
“She’s a manipulator,” Sampayo said of her aunt.

Elizabeth Sampayo said that when she was a child, she and her cousins would be left in Beatrice Sampayo’s care and the woman would give the children tranquilizers so she could get her chores done.
[.....]
Davila is engaged to King Jay’s mother, Jasmine Gonzales. Both claimed Davila was the father, but Gonzales later admitted in court that he is not. She recently gave birth to another boy and says this one is Davila’s.
[.....]

[.....]

The Court site is down right now - so I'll look up their cases tomorrow to see if there is a new date.
I find this woman entirely believable for some reason. Its the only family member in this case I've ever thought that of.
#JUSTICEFORBABYKING

San Antonio man accused in King Jay case refuses court appearance

Christopher Davila, 34, who is accused in the death of King Jay Davila, refused to appear in court Tuesday.
[.....]
Courthouse observers said it is unusual for a defendant to refuse to appear, and that a judge can sign an order to force an appearance if there is a trial pending. However, since this is a first court setting since Davila’s bail reduction hearing in April, he was not forced to appear in court.

In April, the judge declined the motion to lower Davila’s bail, which is set at $1.25 million.
What a pathetic COWARD! CD didn't give Baby King any choices and he shouldn't have any either. IMO

Looks like Torres was in court yesterday for a bail reduction hearing.

King Jay co-defendant hears decision on bail in San Antonio

A judge Wednesday reduced the bail for a co-defendant in the fake kidnapping of King Jay Davila, a San Antonio baby whose body was found in a backpack buried in a Northeast Side field.

Angie Torres, 45, has been held in the Bexar County jail since Jan. 7 when she was arrested in the disappearance of 8-month-old King. Her bail was set at $250,000, but Judge Andrew Carruthers reduced it to $75,000 after hearing her relatives testify Wednesday that they had not tried to raise any funds because the amount was too high, and they did not have the money to post bond for her.
[.....]
.....if released on bond, would be under house arrest and on GPS monitoring while living with her at her apartment. He added that if Torres were to get a job, she could only leave the house to go to work. Torres’ sister, Sonia Torres, testified that she would help her mother with her sister and assist in finding a job for Angie Torres.
[.....]
Beatrice Sampayo, who is said to have cancer, is out on bond.

Looks like Torres was in court yesterday for a bail reduction hearing.

King Jay co-defendant hears decision on bail in San Antonio

A judge Wednesday reduced the bail for a co-defendant in the fake kidnapping of King Jay Davila, a San Antonio baby whose body was found in a backpack buried in a Northeast Side field.

Angie Torres, 45, has been held in the Bexar County jail since Jan. 7 when she was arrested in the disappearance of 8-month-old King. Her bail was set at $250,000, but Judge Andrew Carruthers reduced it to $75,000 after hearing her relatives testify Wednesday that they had not tried to raise any funds because the amount was too high, and they did not have the money to post bond for her.
[.....]
.....if released on bond, would be under house arrest and on GPS monitoring while living with her at her apartment. He added that if Torres were to get a job, she could only leave the house to go to work. Torres’ sister, Sonia Torres, testified that she would help her mother with her sister and assist in finding a job for Angie Torres.
[.....]
Beatrice Sampayo, who is said to have cancer, is out on bond.
Why in the hellz do these judges keep reducing bail on these offenders? Why should she be able to sit at home waiting on her trial why Baby King is lying in a grave? Grrrr, it makes me sick! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson