CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, she was put in during the DT cross, probably flight constraints. DT said they DID have more witnesses for today yesterday afternoon but didn't say who.........all a cluster if you ask me.

I meant—we haven’t heard any mention of defense witnesses today, and they’ve rested now. So, unless there was a mystery defense witness this morning that we haven’t heard about, then Knowles was ‘in order’ for all practical purposes—testifying after the last defense witness we heard of.

I meant—we haven’t heard any mention of defense witnesses today, and they’ve rested now. So, unless there was a mystery defense witness this morning that we haven’t heard about, then Knowles was ‘in order’ for all practical purposes—testifying after the last defense witness we heard of.
Yep, in a quirky kind of way, lol!

LOL I don't text, never been a cell-phoner. o_O
It will change your life !!Seriously : )
so apparently no rebuttal case by the Prosecution and they are going straight to closing arguments on Tuesday??
I bet the Prosecution is reading the jury . They are done & want to finish this . Putting on more witnesses could backfire.
The Prosecution laid to rest the defense’s DK theory yesterday. It was quick , unlike Dr. Rudin’s testimony .
No need to risk upsetting the jurors by dragging this out .

I would agree about the jury and the truck IF they hadn't asked 2 weeks ago to see the truck in person. So for some of them, the truck is important enough to them to ask to see it.

I hope when the trial is over that the jurors will speak publicly at some point. It will be interesting to hear what was and wasn't important to them in their decision making.
They aren’t supposed to be discussing the case with each other so it would be interesting to find out how that request came about. Was it one juror , several asking independently of each other ?
Hopefully , we’ll hear from them when it’s over.

I really hope they live stream for those who can't be there. I think us die hards have earned it after all this time. :)

Cathy Russon tweeted this on Tues:

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson May 21
We will definitely have our camera there for closings HOWEVER, the ability to live stream vs. uploading the video will depend on when closings are going to happen. I'm hoping to know more after today.

They aren’t supposed to be discussing the case with each other so it would be interesting to find out how that request came about. Was it one juror , several asking independently of each other ?
Hopefully , we’ll hear from them when it’s over.

Yep, I mentioned that when this first came up as well, if they are not to be discussing the case. IIRC the judge said "several", so it was either highly coincidental that more than 1 asked around the same time, or it came up somehow.

The park and ride on I15 is easy walking distance from their home. I’ve had several car-juggling ideas that revolves around that. Like—he leaves the Isuzu at the park and ride as staging. Later decides to stage their departure to Mexico. Drives the Isuzu down to the border, and takes Uber/Lyft/cab back to the park and ride to pick up his truck.

Or—this would be a wacky coincidence—leaves the Isuzu in the park and ride with the keys in it—and someone steals it a couple of days later.
I don't recall Uber, etc. being around back in 2010. But believe me, there are PLENNNTY of ways to get back to Fallbrook, from the border. All sorts of public transportation--it's a very well traveled area, I believe maybe even the busiest in the world. OR, quite possibly having "someone close," giving him a ride back.

Judge turns down defense motion to dismiss charges in McStay family murder trial – San Bernardino Sun

"Prosecutors contend they did comply, saying they sent an email to the defense team in February telling them Rudin would not be their key video witness, and that Rudin was “unable to validate the overall length of the suspect truck in the evidence video compared to its known length” in a 3D laser scan of the truck.

And in court papers filed this week, prosecutors also said Rudin “has never settled on his views; up to this filing, Rudin cannot opine the truck is Merritt’s, nor can he exclude it,”

They questioned how that was helpful to the defense. Prosecutors used a different witness for their video evidence.

Smith said the email was sent in enough time to avoid violations of Merritt’s rights to information that could help absolve him or discredit evidence against him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member