CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Russon tweeted this on Tues:

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson May 21
We will definitely have our camera there for closings HOWEVER, the ability to live stream vs. uploading the video will depend on when closings are going to happen. I'm hoping to know more after today.
See? They can't be trusted. Thankfully we will have Cabo in the court room. I used to think L and C were the B team. Just demoted them to 3rds. C team.

I only just noticed this @Niner !

Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt aka Charles Ray Mandel aka Charles Ray Morritt aka Chase Meredith

What a stand up guy!

Wow! Have we ever heard the story behind that?

I posted that up a while ago and was quite astounded by it but not really surprised. iirc it was info. on a search warrant that i wanted to post up some info. on and Niner included the aka's in her trial schedule.
All i can think of as to why all the aliases was because of his criminal activities, and maybe just in case anyone came looking for him because he had frauded them, or because of other reasons to do with his criminality.

if only we had evidence this guy is a dishonest con man

The aliases could be for a number of reasons. In all fairness, one of the victims, Summer, had several aliases, too.

ESPECIALLY, when it's not even known that he used his own truck. The guy is a known thief, he could've easily stolen one.

It's not a stretch to think Merritt may have gambling buddies in the area. He wouldn't have to tell the truth about needing help moving a vehicle.

Continued speculations and confirmation bias.

Very good question.

There are people for whom getting professional awards is more important than the integrity that is required of their profession.

I am dumbfounded that anyone would think DR was a good witness for the defense. Ive tried to understand why he would be a plus for them, and come up empty.

No one will believe an expert who is so wishy washy all over the place.

Imo if this trial lasted another year DR would still be down in his basement at 3am changing his previous opinion. Lol!

Imo, Jurors want consistency. Imo they will not rely on his testimony. They don't even have to rely on the imaging experts period.

They have so much more important evidence to work with to base their verdict on.

Imo, no jury decides their verdict based solely on experts anyway who only can give their OPINIONS ...since none were there on the 4th when CM killed them all.

Jmo

okay.

[QUOTE="smr, post: 15087448, member: 239740"

There are people for whom getting professional awards is more important than the integrity that is required of their profession.

okay.[/QUOTE]

Is there any evidence that this man cares more about awards than integrity?

I have never been so happy about any closing arguments happening, I don't think.

I know it's because this trial has been painfully laborious to complete.

It still astounds me how long it took for the DT to complete their side of this case.

For anyone who hasn't followed it they just wouldnt believe it. It's still hard for me to even believe, especially when all of the DT witnesses could have been done and over in a week or so. Imo yet they started at the end of February, iirc. Think about all of the wasted time!!! Unbelievable.

Never will I ever follow another trial if McGee, ,and Maline are the defense attorneys. Imo, they have thumbed their nose to the CA taxpayers who are carrying this burden. Having to pay outrageous money for so called experts who were so overpaid. Imo
They've done so many unethical underhanded deceitful things.

They have lied in OS hoping now the jury forgets about what they promised they would prove to them. They need to be reported to the ABA. Imo.
The only logical answer that makes any sense to me is the DT used this stall tactic to push back the inevitable from coming to a swift conclusion.

In over 35 years of trial following I've ever seen anything like this DT. Never. Were they hoping the jury would forget the victims, and how brutally they were all murdered? Hoping to erase the images of their tattered remains in the graves, and what CM reduced them to when once vibrant, happy, and alive with such promising futures?

I've heard of some defense hoping the same, but it will never work. It never does. This jury will be forever haunted by what they have seen. I know. The images of the victims I saw as a juror remain painfully vivid to this day years later.

As the long journey for the victims is finally coming to an end... my heart, prayers, and sincere warm thoughts are with everyone who loved, admired, and deeply misses the beautiful little Joey McStay family.

I don't know why I'm so emotional when it comes to this particular case. I think it's because they were all so undeserving for what happened to them all. All 4 who had absolutely done nothing wrong. So innocent.

Joey was a kind caring soul. How we need many more Joeys, and far less CMs of the world.

Its heartbreaking to know how much they loved each other, and in the end both Joey, and Summer were helpless in protecting their beloved little boys. I can't even imagine the anguish they both experienced knowing they were all going to die, and be murdered by the very one Joey had helped more than anyone in Merritt's life, imo.

It truly is a horrific case about the ultimate betrayal!

Jmho only!

I was 72 when this case started. Felt young and vibrant. Now I’m 73 and feel very old. Can hardly move.

Interesting, they are reviewing his "long and tortuous" criminal history on part two today. Lol
Nice guy.[/QUOTEp
Oh yes. This after the DT had argued if CM testified they shouldn't have the right to bring this up. They forgot that they referred to his past offenses in OS.
And it was all just idle banter. They knew he wouldn't take the stand. Yes, he is a gambler, but this is the biggest stakes he's ever played. He's not stupid. But, IMO? He is a wuss and a wimp and a coward.

Interesting, they are reviewing his "long and tortuous" criminal history on part two today. Lol
Nice guy.
Oh yes. This after the DT had argued if CM testified they shouldn't have the right to bring this up. They forgot that they referred to his past offenses in OS.
And it was all just idle banter. They knew he wouldn't take the stand. Yes, he is a gambler, but this is the biggest stakes he's ever played. He's not stupid. But, IMO? He is a wuss and a wimp and a coward.[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd given us audio of the hearings over the past week that we've missed. I feel sure they will have addressed what they will be allowed to say in closings about Riccobene, and by extension DK. Since they haven't introduced any evidence of his culpability, I wonder if the judge will have revised his earlier ruling because it was last left that their PI was going to report on his attempts to locate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong