Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
That in itself makes him looks suspicious
JMO

Why else would the brother leave the state? Doesn’t he want to see DV’s son or help raise him? Hinky....
DVs father said in his interview that the media was all over the brother's family. So he was getting the family away from the media. But....maybe that was an excuse, who knows....

Did the brother really leave though? The dad seems a smooth talker wannabe and lies easily without batting an eye. He may have lied Joe Jr left, so people, including media don't question or bother Jr.
The father also tells a story in his interview, about when the brother left town with his family. HPD stopped them and made them get out of the car so they could search to make sure DV or Maleah were not in the car. HPD then went to the brother's house and arrested DV.

So many thoughtful posts here....

I can only add what many of you are probably thinking -- I hope Maleah is found while the cod can be determined.
Along with evidence of ( sorry, graphic below) :

Rape, dismemberment, long-term abuse (i.e., healing broken bones, etc.).

Sickening that some people are staying quiet.
People who aren't related to this little girl seem to care more for her than her own relatives.
Little Maleah, only 4 years old, endured abuse, neglect, injuries, surgeries, removal from home, and now murder.

And nobody is cooperating with LE. Most likely because they all have something to hide for their own benefit. It's so cruel and dark!

Have the landfills been searched? Dumpsters near laundromat?
Searching a landfill is a huge job and very expensive, with a very small chance of finding something.
It would have been a good idea to check nearby dumpsters but by the time they started searching the garbage it may have been picked up by then.
Tim Miller did say that he hoped she was not in a landfill because she would probably never be found. Imo

The father also tells a story in his interview, about when the brother left town with his family. HPD stopped them and made them get out of the car so they could search to make sure DV or Maleah were not in the car. HPD then went to the brother's house and arrested DV.

I thought the bro’ visited DV at the jail once?

The father sure is a talker.......

I see so much that reminds me of Lonzie Barton’s murder here. In his case, mom’s boyfriend finally led police to the body after mom agreed to testify against him. It was too late to find out what truly happened to that baby and RE only got up to 20 years for manslaughter. I’d like to see LE find a way to get BB in custody and pit her and DV against each other NOW. It’s already been 3-ish weeks of hot and rainy weather, decomp would be pretty advanced already.

Imo, DV is not the only person who knows what happened and where Maleah is.

DVs father said in his interview that the media was all over the brother's family. So he was getting the family away from the media. But....maybe that was an excuse, who knows....
Yeah, maybe if he would have just told LE what he knew they would have left him alone. If he gave them information that would help find her, the news would be about how she was found. Imo

Searching a landfill is a huge job and very expensive, with a very small chance of finding something.
It would have been a good idea to check nearby dumpsters but by the time they started searching the garbage it may have been picked up by then.
Tim Miller did say that he hoped she was not in a landfill because she would probably never be found. Imo

We have a local case, the baby daddy buried the baby total the location. No body could be found. He said mom hurt baby and she died on way to hospital. So he buried her.

He's charged with burying the body but no o e has been charged with murder.

No body, no COD, so no murder charges. I think criminals are getting smarter and realize without body, and no witnesses they walk free.

I see so much that reminds me of Lonzie Barton’s murder here. In his case, mom’s boyfriend finally led police to the body after mom agreed to testify against him. It was too late to find out what truly happened to that baby and RE only got up to 20 years for manslaughter. I’d like to see LE find a way to get BB in custody and pit her and DV against each other NOW. It’s already been 3-ish weeks of hot and rainy weather, decomp would be pretty advanced already.

Imo, DV is not the only person who knows what happened and where Maleah is.

I am pretty sure that we have a law in Texas that allows prosecutors to pursue capital charges in relation to the murder of a child under 12, and if the governor signs the new Lauren's Law bill that age will be raised to 15.

I thought the bro’ visited DV at the jail once?

The father sure is a talker.......
He did visit him. He said they couldn't talk about the case, but he was innocent and the truth will come out.
The father is not very credible. He mostly just babbled on about some "alternative" facts of the case. All the rest was biased speculation.
LE made it clear that they stand by their warrant and evidence in the apartment and the reason for the mail route search. Imo

Last edited:
Texas is more strict than most. But they will provide it to protect parental rights, which is pretty universal. I also believe that judges have some additional discretion.

The hearing wasn't about parental rights it was about the grandmother asking for custody of Maleah's older brother. See PommyMommy's post #271.

Am I entitled a lawyer in my family law case?

Usually, you are not entitled to have a lawyer represent you in a family law case (like divorce, child support, and custody).

Texas law does entitle a low-income person to legal representation in a family law case under two circumstances:

1. Civil contempt in enforcement proceedings. Texas law states that indigent defendants have a right to an attorney if the court decides that the defendant could go to jail as a result of a case to enforce visitation or child support. However, this right is limited to the contempt portion of the case—the court does not have to appoint an attorney for the entire enforcement proceeding.
  2. Termination of parental rights cases filed by the state. Indigent (very low-income) parents—including certain alleged fathers—have a right to an attorney in termination of parental rights proceedings filed by the state. This right extends to appeals as well.
The Right to a Lawyer in Family Law Cases

LE are by the nature of their occupation 10 x more suspicious then the rest of us.
Since they stopped DV's brother to make sure neither Maleah nor DV were in the car with them... they (LE) were already suspecting the brother of hiding something.
So...what did/does the brother know about this ?

We have a local case, the baby daddy buried the baby total the location. No body could be found. He said mom hurt baby and she died on way to hospital. So he buried her.

He's charged with burying the body but no o e has been charged with murder.

No body, no COD, so no murder charges. I think criminals are getting smarter and realize without body, and no witnesses they walk free.
Actually more and more no-body cases have resulted in conviction. There is a huge percentage rate of success in recent years.
I think this guy is not one of those criminals who is getting smarter.
I think more charges will come but for now LE wants to concentrate on finding Maleah. Imo

Last edited:
LE are by the nature of their occupation 10 x more suspicious then the rest of us.
Since they stopped DV's brother to make sure neither Maleah nor DV were in the car with them... they (LE) were already suspecting the brother of hiding something.
So...what did/does the brother know about this ?
They may suspect he is the one who dropped DV off. Apparently they don't trust any of these characters. Imo

I don't see how it was ever determined that there was not sufficient evidence. Usually a doctor's opinion is thought highly of in courts. He stated there was no way the injury could have happened the way it was described, and he found evidence of older injuries that occured before the fall. They had clear evidence of inconsistent or denying symptoms.
They reported their findings to CPS, who would never have opened a case if there was no indication of abuse. What else did they need? Imo

I keep wondering what the doctors at the hospital asked Maleah when she was originally brought in for her head injury. It's not like she was an infant, she was at least three years old and quite capable of talking. Did anyone try to get an explanation of how she was hurt directly from her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77