VA - Virginia Boy, 7, Beaten and Tied Up in Basement

ClaireNC

Reaction score
This woman has a history of child abuse. Why are there any children still in her care?

“A 7-year-old boy who Caroline County, Virginia, deputies say was abused by his pregnant mother and her boyfriend is in critical care at VCU Medical Center, according to KTLA sister station WTVR in Richmond, Virginia.”

“Investigators were trying to get a clearer picture of what the sheriff called "one of the worst abuse and neglect cases" he’s seen in his over 40-year career”
Virginia Boy Allegedly Beaten by Pregnant Mom and Her Boyfriend, Tied up in Roach-Infested Basement

Neighbors suspected but did do anything about it. Another child was taken into protective custody and, of course, there’s another baby on the way.

What, what, WHAT??
This poor child. I guess since they removed one child, she wasn't followed up or children services did not know about other children. How tragically sad.
The article says she sentenced to prison for 5 years for child abuse!

“Karam has a history of child abuse dating back to 2012, with another child being removed from her care after she was convicted of abuse and disregard for life, WTVR reported. She was sentenced to five years in prison”

"All of the cuts, scratches, bruises, the old injuries the boy had sustained, including open wounds and stuff on this boy, it's the worst I've seen in 43 years,” Lippa said. “It's apparent there was bondage, that's where the abduction comes into play. It's one of the, again, most gruesome things I've seen and because the charges are pending and it's still under investigation, I don't want to describe what that young boy went through."

ETA from @ClaireNC's like (Caroline parents charged with child abuse in case sheriff calls ‘the worst I’ve seen in 43 years’)

I feel for that sheriff... Did anyone love this boy? ever? Does he know what that looks like? He is 7... the terrible ripple effect of this, so sad for this kiddo...

Someone else had to see this. They look pretty trashy on their FB page. But the house looks clean enough on the inside from those videos with the baby walking. You can see pics of other people at the house for the birthday party just two months ago. Did he seem totally fine two months ago and something went really wrong? They ramped it up?

He does look pretty small for 7 years old. But it just seems like this child had other people in his life. How did THEY not notice this? Worst abuse case he's ever seen and the friends and family missed it? I wonder what they say. I saw one person say on her FB wall that she was dead to her. Most FB friends don't post publicly on the criminal friends wall when stuff like this goes down.

I'm going to guess that for mom it was ALL about her husband and new babies with him. He didn't like CJ and thought he needed "discipline" and mom only cared about making him happy. Ugh.

Makes me sick that less than a month ago she was sharing a Facebook post about Ta'naja Barnes a 2 year old who was murdered by her abusive Mom earlier this year. So obviously she knows a child can die from abuse? Is that what she was working towards? Horrible woman!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back