PA PA - Amanda DeGuio, 24, Drexel Hill, 7 June 2014

She was last seen by her family after returning from a family trip to Florida. There are unconfirmed sightings of her in the Kensington and Allegheny section of Philadelphia, mostly from people on the street there. I have focused most of my search in this area. It's not a nice neighborhood by any stretch, and is the hub illegal prescription drugs and heroin for most of the city and suburbs. There is little doubt in my mind or her family's that drugs are the cause of this. Tho it is very much out of character that she be away without contact like this.

Did she visit Jacksonville? Or that area?

Unidentified Person Case

Do y'all know if this unidentified woman was ruled out? I'm going to send the tip in just in case. They don't mention tattoos, but it sounded like the woman was 'drug by a vehicle' so maybe her skin was scraped off.

The area of Philly is where they suspected she went.

In the months following her disappearance myself as well as members of her family, and other friends, spent quite a bit of time physically looking for her in Kensington. I maintain a relationship with a pastor that works with addicts down there and check in with him from time to time. As a life long Philly resident I can assure you that spending twelve hours on foot in K&A will change your whole perspective on drugs, poverty, and life in general.

Almost everyone there is happy to talk to you, if they are coherent, they might even claim to know her or have seen her if you show a picture, but it’s not because they care or are helpful, inevitably, it’s because they want something from you. I was always careful never to dole out more than a few dollars to someone to juice some info, as I knew where the money was going. I’ve literally camped and surveilled houses it was suggested she stayed at overnight. I’ve camped the area where all the addicts get fed by charity through all three meals served in a day several times to no avail, and the former Conrail yards, though they are mostly gone now. I cannot count easily the number of abandoned buildings and homeless encampments I’ve explored looking for her. Perhaps the most disturbing part of my search was the hours spent on BackPage looking at prostitute adds trying to see if she’d pop up there. Admittedly, aside from checking in with the Pastor, I gave up on physically looking for her after about a year of her being gone, because I don’t believe she’s in Kensington.

Admittedly, I don’t have a clue where she is, nor any sort of good theory to go on... However, to share with you all my thoughts.
A, She left all her money. If she ran away to do drugs this makes absolutely zero sense.
B, She didn’t bring a single possession with her, so far as anybody knows.
C, Despite her history with drugs, she was in a period of at the very least, relative sobriety in the time period leading up to her disappearing.
D, Not one of the sightings of her in K&A came from a remotely reliable (or sober) source. Money was/is in the air as a reward if she was found, and even ten dollars goes a long way when you’re on drugs in that neighborhood, imagine what one of those people would have done with thousands if they had got it?
E, Despite all her history she was NEVER out of contact for more than a few days. I know what heroin does to people, she’s not the only friend of mine to go down that road and not come back. I’m thirty and by twenty five I’d buried several close friends to overdoses.
Point being, I don’t look at this through rosy glasses, but I still don’t believe she willingly fell off the face of the earth.

In conclusion. My theory is that someone physically took her the night she disappeared. I don’t know who, or why, or what happened after that. But I don’t believe she ran off to do drugs in K&A. I have no physical evidence to support this theory, but would like to point out, there’s no evidence to the contrary, nor is there any evidence she did run off to do drugs.

Thank you all for caring, I promise you she’s worth it. In her worst of times full of kindness, compassion, always a smile. Truly a kind soul, I am not saying this to try and make her seem better. Her family are strong and amazing people, who need answers on this. Rarely a day goes by I don’t think of my old friend and say a prayer for her.

Thank you again,
O
You are a TREASURE of a friend to Amanda and a gift to this thread IMO (welcome to WS & thanks for staying!) ... I came across this case when researching another one in my usual zone (west coast, pnw) and found this FBI Kidnap notice
AMANDA DEGUIO — FBI

I say this from the heart: I hope that when you find Amanda she resembles the person you knew and can heal. Deciding to stay away AND/OR being kept away from one's young children takes a toll. She sounds worth fighting for with your clearly strong & bright spirit!

thumb
thumb
thumb
thumb

AMANDA DEGUIO — FBI

DeGuio has the following tattoos: lips or a lipstick mark on the right cheek of her buttocks, the Italian boot shape and the word "Tommy" on her right torso, writing under one of her breasts, initials on the top of one of her fingers, and the letters "MF" on the inside of her lower lip. She also has a diagonal surgical scar on her upper and lower abdomen.

DeGuio is a known heroin addict and may suffer from bipolar disorder.

Amanda DeGuio was reported missing by relatives on August 27, 2014, but had not been seen by her family in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, since the first week of June of 2014, after she returned from a trip to Florida. She left home without her cell phone, credit cards, or additional clothing. DeGuio does not drive and it is unknown how she left home. She is known to frequent the Upper Darby, Clifton Heights, and the Overbrook section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Most likely a trafficking victim. She has not been heard from in 4 years and had been working for an older man if that one report is correct. Wanted for a crime. She could be anywhere. Hopefully her dna has been uploaded to a national DNA data base in case a bit comes up from another state.

This is local to me and so it comes across my fb feed often. If you check out the “Help Find Amanda De Guio” fb page, they have a recent picture of a girl seen in Kensington that does bear an amazing resemblance to Amanda. They’re currently trying to locate the girl in the picture. It’s been 5 years....

This is local to me and so it comes across my fb feed often. If you check out the “Help Find Amanda De Guio” fb page, they have a recent picture of a girl seen in Kensington that does bear an amazing resemblance to Amanda. They’re currently trying to locate the girl in the picture. It’s been 5 years....

Wow, that really does look like her!!

Seems odd that she would be as close as Kensington, not know or care that she is considered missing and not attempt to communicate with family or friends.

“Where is she? Everybody is seen somewhere, somehow,” Joanne DeGuio said. “They have to eat, they have to sit on the street, have to buy drugs? If she hasn’t been seen in five years, where is she?”

As they wait for answers, the family is working with Ryan, the private investigator, who takes on missing-persons cases pro-bono. By his estimate, he’s made 30 trips to Kensington in search of Amanda, and looked for her even more while in the area handling other cases.

On a recent afternoon, Ryan walked the neighborhood’s streets, showing Amanda’s picture to people idling on corners and gathered outside Prevention Point.

Most knew of her — word of the search for her and Lydon’s recent trip to the neighborhood had spread. But none could say with certainty where she was.

“People are quick to judge,” Ryan said in between stops. "Everybody deserves a voice. I don’t care what you do. Everyone here is somebody’s brother or child.”

A Delco woman vanished 5 years ago. A search continues, as cops vow: ‘This case will stay open.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back