The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectacular celebrations planned in East Cowes to celebrate bicentenary of Queen Victoria's birth
EAST Cowes is preparing to celebrate the bicentennial anniversary of Queen Victoria's birth this weekend — and there are several spectacular events planned including a horse and carriage procession through the town, a seafront festival and even a modern day grand exhibition.
Spectacular celebrations planned in East Cowes to celebrate bicentenary of Queen Victoria's birth

The Queen at 93 truly is an amazing woman.
Anyone else notice she’s out and about a lot more recently? Could this mean something?
Wow, 93!
I'm amazed at how many 'official events' she actually does!
(No idea if she's always this busy?
Guess we kinda take all she does a little bit for granted over here :oops:
I'd only just noticed & totally blame you lot for getting me hooked on this thread :p)

Lovely to see you, Lilibet :) Royal Watchers have missed you.

Lilibet!!!! Is everything ok? We were pretty worried!

Awwwww....thanks for missing me. :) Sorry to worry you you! Yes, everything is OK. I’ve just needed a break from sadness and evil on other threads, and it’s too easy to get sucked back in if I post anywhere. But I do follow along here on this happy thread and had to break my silence when Kate’s bandaids made me laugh about Les Nessman. :p Carry on!

Awwwww....thanks for missing me. :) Sorry to worry you you! Yes, everything is OK. I’ve just needed a break from sadness and evil on other threads, and it’s too easy to get sucked back in if I post anywhere. But I do follow along here on this happy thread and had to break my silence when Kate’s bandaids made me laugh about Les Nessman. :p Carry on!
So happy to see you! You have been missed!

24 May 1819: 200 Years Since Queen Victoria Was Born
victoria-princess-royal-later-to-reign-as-queen-victoria-circa-1924-picture-id150713196

Princess Victoria, Princess Royal (1819 - 1901), later to reign as Queen Victoria, circa 1924.
13789948-7056297-image-a-34_1558485683265.jpg

Diamond Jubilee Portrait of Queen Victoria - 1897

*I don't think I've seen a pic of her smiling before?o_O*
15th-february-1892-a-smiling-queen-victoria-in-an-open-coach-picture-id3426933

15th February 1892: A smiling Queen Victoria in an open coach

Pictures and Photos - Getty Images

A new theme park celebrating downmarket US tabloid magazine, the National Enquirer, has sparked outrage after turning Princess Diana ’s death into an attraction.

The owners have taken the events of August 31, 1997, in Paris and hope to cash in on the tragedy by charging adults up to £20 a time to see a remake of the crash.

Children will also be allowed to see the attraction.

Guests will even be polled over whether they think the Royals were involved in Diana’s death after seeing the exhibit.

The attraction, which opens tomorrow, is one of the key features of the National Enquirer Live! in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Princess Diana car crash turned into theme park attraction by National Enquirer

This is outrageous.

A new theme park celebrating downmarket US tabloid magazine, the National Enquirer, has sparked outrage after turning Princess Diana ’s death into an attraction.

The owners have taken the events of August 31, 1997, in Paris and hope to cash in on the tragedy by charging adults up to £20 a time to see a remake of the crash.

Guests will even be polled over whether they think the Royals were involved in Diana’s death after seeing the exhibit.

The attraction, which opens tomorrow, is one of the key features of the National Enquirer Live! in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

This is outrageous.
This is totally gross, crude and repulsive. I definitely won’t be going. I hope it is shut down!

Can someone explain how Princess Olympia of Greece is kin to Prince Phillip, former Prince Phillip of Greece & Denmark?

Princess Olympia of Greece graduates from New York University | Daily Mail Online

Easy answer is they are cousins, a few times removed...yup it's complicated like gregjrichards said LOL

Prince Philip and King Constantine II of Greece (Princess Olympia's grandfather) are cousins, once removed

Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark(Prince Philip's father) and King Constantine I of Greece and Denmark (Princess Olympia's great-great-grandfather) were brothers

Prince Philip and Paul of Greece (Princess Olympia's great-grandfather) are 1st cousins

This is outrageous.

Is this a joke?

Easy answer is they are cousins, a few times removed...yup it's complicated like gregjrichards said LOL

Prince Philip and King Constantine II of Greece (Princess Olympia's grandfather) are cousins, once removed

Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark(Prince Philip's father) and King Constantine I of Greece and Denmark (Princess Olympia's great-great-grandfather) were brothers

Prince Philip and Paul of Greece (Princess Olympia's great-grandfather) are 1st cousins
Well Done!
bepza-rewarded-for-achieving-excellent-success-on-kpi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads