France - 102 yo Woman Strangles and Bludgeons her 92 yo Neighbor to Death. May 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
"A woman aged 102 has been placed in psychiatric care in north-eastern France after she was suspected of murdering her 92-year-old neighbor in a care home, prosecutors said.

The victim was found dead on Saturday night in her room at the care home in the town of Chezy-sur-Marne. Her face was swollen. The autopsy showed she died “as a result of asphyxiation caused by strangulation and blows to the head”, prosecutor Frederic Trinh said in a statement.

“The resident of the neighboring room, aged 102, appeared in great agitation and told one of the medical staff that she had ‘killed someone’,” he added in the statement late Wednesday. Due to her state of confusion and agitation, the 102-year-old was transferred to a psychiatric unit after undergoing tests.”"

Woman, 102, suspected of killing care home neighbour, 92

They fought to the finish cause they ate their spinach

apologies for an attempt at humor in an unbelievable situation and to Popeye the sailor man, toot toot

They fought to the finish cause they ate their spinach

apologies for an attempt at humor in an unbelievable situation and to Popeye the sailor man, toot toot
I just helped my ex put his mother in a nursing home after helping care for her so I do not find this funny and think about the family members on both sides.Dementia is a horrible disease and can cause much pain and heartache for families.
There is a helpful thread in the basement section on Websleuths if anyone needs info on the subject.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/alzheimer’s-and-dementia-thread.364162/

I did not mean to offend you. I, too, have a mother with dementia. She has been violent to me and others in the past. Humor is my way of coping. This could have been her. No shizzle.

I did not mean to offend you. I, too, have a mother with dementia. She has been violent to me and others in the past. Humor is my way of coping. This could have been her. No shizzle.

I understand. I was FaceTiming my 89 yr old Mom today. She is in assisted living, but has her own apt. unit there. at this time she has all her mental faculties but she does get easily confused.

So I told her, to be careful there. I told her that I saw on the news that a 102 yr old beat up her neighbour.[ I didn't tell her it was a murder.]

So I said 'Mom, you need to be careful of some of your neighbours there and she instantly replied....

" No Schitt"

lol. It took me by surprise because she is so proper. But she said that some of the other retirees are very aggressive and she stays with her own small group at meals and field trips to town.

I understand. I was FaceTiming my 89 yr old Mom today. She is in assisted living, but has her own apt. unit there. at this time she has all her mental faculties but she does get easily confused.

So I told her, to be careful there. I told her that I saw on the news that a 102 yr old beat up her neighbour.[ I didn't tell her it was a murder.]

So I said 'Mom, you need to be careful of some of your neighbours there and she instantly replied....

" No Schitt"

lol. It took me by surprise because she is so proper. But she said that some of the other retirees are very aggressive and she stays with her own small group at meals and field trips to town.

Your momma sounds like the grand old lady I want to be. Unfortunately, genetics say I might well be as crazy as a *advertiser censored* house rat. I refuse to apologize for telling the truth. While I still can lol.

There may be more to this than meets the eye...

It is concerning and sad that the people who are put into nursing homes have so many threats to guard themselves against. Staff abuse, dangerous family visitors, negligence, and even other residents.

These facilities are so understaffed. Many families hire “sitters” to stay with their loved one during the day. The sitter entertains them, accompany them on field trips, help with their feeding, helps with dressing, readying for bed, etc. The physical stuff like bathing is still done by a nursing staff tho. I have heard family members say paying the sitter is cheaper than replacing their personal items, clothing, books, games, toiletries, etc is constantly being stolen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back