TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's a crock....eyewitnesses tend to lose information, interpreting information....mixing up day's, people, what people are wearing etc. There are a lot of science/research articles about the credibility of the information given by eyewitnesses.
This is true. Remember that old show, "Unsolved Mysteries" with the host, Robert Stack? I remember they did an episode when I was little about how memory can be fragmented and selective without even intention. They would show pictures of someone or a clip of a generic scene (someone standing in line to get an ice cream cone) and then switch back the host and ask questions like "how many people were standing in line?" "what color was the girl's dress?" and even though you JUST saw the clip, your mind already felt blank of the details.

I have serious doubts as to whether this person is a reliable source.

Agreed.

I feel like we still have to work with the original information as the baseline. This is of course a possible scenario though, and anything is worth digging deeper into.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!!

Someone is just flat out lying about not knowing who this girl is. I absolutely believe she was going to the prison to see someone she knew. Per the new article, although I am not convinced it is 100% accurate, a "boyfriend".

Chances are, he was older, which would have likely created problems for him, so he said nothing....as he was already in prison for who knows what. The police showing up to ask about a dead girl is never a good thing for a prisoner. Even if they didn't tell them it was a murder case, word gets around quickly.

The info about the alleged three guys in a station wagon is a bombshell. We need to dig up additional info on that. This is really very surprising data to come out so many years later.....(or in 2010?) I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Am I crazy or didn't O'toole have a station wagon?

I still have no idea how none of us have come across this article before?! I know with our combined sleuthing skills, we should have found it! That alone is suspicious! IDK... it’s just so bizarre to me! I’ve never really thought much about the witness statements. They give us a somewhat idea to go on, but like most of you said, memory recollection is...decent, at best.

I agree that, coming from an actual detective, the statements made in this article hold a lot more weight than the general news articles we’ve been seeing! So, the station wagon, 3 men, PURSE WCJD was carrying, etc., are probably closer to the truth than anything. But I’ll save my speculation on all of that for now!

I’ve been working on another Jane Doe out of Mississippi and just came across a missing woman who was never reported and matched some of the details of JD in MS. HOWEVER, the more I looked into her, the more she started to fit WCJD! I don’t want to break any TOS, so I’ll describe the missing girl...

Name is Ramona Cooks born 7/3/54 in Franklin County Mississippi. Her mother was 40+ years old when she has gave birth to her, and Ramona had 3 sisters and 2 brothers when she was born. Her mother died in 1973, one year after Ramona graduated High School. After her mother’s death, she moved between her older sibling’s homes (Louisiana, Texas & Mississippi). One of her brothers lived in West Orange, Texas...which is next door to Port Arthur, Texas! (Not Port Aransas, but the two could have been confused).

I have been trying to connect Ramona to someone in the prison, but I only came across her photo a few days ago, and couldn’t wait to submit it! The Jane Doe out of Mississippi can also be connected to a 70’s model light blue car, three men, pantyhose, and several other details of WCJD!

I’m going to post the photo of Ramona that her niece shared in social media and a yearbook photo I found. If there is anything else I can elaborate on, or if any of you have any thoughts....please let me know!!

•MMcG•

ETA: Photos ;)

Attachments

• 136E73D6-471F-41E4-B27E-9FA1860EC806.jpeg
    136E73D6-471F-41E4-B27E-9FA1860EC806.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 79
  • BC2DC5CE-D710-4237-953A-304902E55947.jpeg
    BC2DC5CE-D710-4237-953A-304902E55947.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 78
I still have no idea how none of us have come across this article before?! I know with our combined sleuthing skills, we should have found it! That alone is suspicious! IDK... it’s just so bizarre to me! I’ve never really thought much about the witness statements. They give us a somewhat idea to go on, but like most of you said, memory recollection is...decent, at best.

I agree that, coming from an actual detective, the statements made in this article hold a lot more weight than the general news articles we’ve been seeing! So, the station wagon, 3 men, PURSE WCJD was carrying, etc., are probably closer to the truth than anything. But I’ll save my speculation on all of that for now!

I’ve been working on another Jane Doe out of Mississippi and just came across a missing woman who was never reported and matched some of the details of JD in MS. HOWEVER, the more I looked into her, the more she started to fit WCJD! I don’t want to break any TOS, so I’ll describe the missing girl...

Name is Ramona Cooks born 7/3/54 in Franklin County Mississippi. Her mother was 40+ years old when she has gave birth to her, and Ramona had 3 sisters and 2 brothers when she was born. Her mother died in 1973, one year after Ramona graduated High School. After her mother’s death, she moved between her older sibling’s homes (Louisiana, Texas & Mississippi). One of her brothers lived in West Orange, Texas...which is next door to Port Arthur, Texas! (Not Port Aransas, but the two could have been confused).

I have been trying to connect Ramona to someone in the prison, but I only came across her photo a few days ago, and couldn’t wait to submit it! The Jane Doe out of Mississippi can also be connected to a 70’s model light blue car, three men, pantyhose, and several other details of WCJD!

I’m going to post the photo of Ramona that her niece shared in social media and a yearbook photo I found. If there is anything else I can elaborate on, or if any of you have any thoughts....please let me know!!

•MMcG•

Are you suggesting that Ramona could be WCJD?

Are you suggesting that Ramona could be WCJD?

Yes! I believe there are a lot of similarities! I am working on getting a more detailed physical description, but everything else seems to fit!

•MMcG•

Hmm.. the details of Ramona's story sound intriguing and like they could align with WCJD, but those pictures don't look like WCJD to me; mainly the nose and eye color. They said WCJD had hazel eyes and those two pictures of Ramona, they look brown/black (I know it's B&W photo but you can still tell they aren't a light color like hazel).

Hmm.. the details of Ramona's story sound intriguing and like they could align with WCJD, but those pictures don't look like WCJD to me; mainly the nose and eye color. They said WCJD had hazel eyes and those two pictures of Ramona, they look brown/black (I know it's B&W photo but you can still tell they aren't a light color like hazel).

I know! I have searched high and low for additional photos, but I agree! I’m (ETA) hoping the person who posted her photo responds with more distinguishing details of Ramona! I figured it was certainly worth a shot though!

•MMcG•

•MMcG•

Are there any stats for Ramona? Very interesting find MMcG! Still looking for LPJD's 9(Slidell Jane Doe) identity and somehow Ramona's pics intrigue me.

I know! I have searched high and low for additional photos, but I agree! I’m (ETA) hoping the person who posted her photo responds with more distinguishing details of Ramona! I figured it was certainly worth a shot though!

•MMcG•
You should ask if there are any color pictures of Ramona, or get details on hair color, eye color, skin complexion (the b and w pic can be colorized)

What a great find!

I think that WCJD looks around 14, was she connected to the Cathleen photo?

I am DEFINITELY trying to get all her stats and ANY information I can! I’m fairly sure that if she is not WCJD, she is one of the Does we all know!! I do know that I have not been able to find any record of her since the mid to late 70’s! I will update as soon as I get a response! ♥️

•MMcG•

As far as the inverted nipple goes, I'm no expert but I believe it has something to do with decomposition... I think I read about it in an unrelated case in Texas...

With LE finally identifying both Jane Does in the Texas Killing Fields Case (Calder Road), I believe the identity of this UID & "Orange Socks" will be next...I believe it took a year after working with a genealogist to ID them...

As far as the inverted nipple goes, I'm no expert but I believe it has something to do with decomposition... I think I read about it in an unrelated case in Texas...

With LE finally identifying both Jane Does in the Texas Killing Fields Case (Calder Road), I believe the identity of this UID & "Orange Socks" will be next...I believe it took a year after working with a genealogist to ID them...

Some people are born with naturally inverted nipples (can relate) ... maybe WCJD was one of them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea