CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of retirement - I always look at my calendar in the morning - so I do know "what" day it is! LOL!

Arraignment tomorrow!!! :)
I sit here shaking my head, as it is my grandson's birthday and I knew it was on the 23rd, and that it was a Thursday. Go figure :rolleyes: All I have in my defence is I woke up with a massive headache that has not yet abated, but still the first thing I do BEFORE looking at my calendar is open up WS. Slightly addicted? I'll say no more :confused:

Nothing new really, just the Gazette's version of the story...:)

Judge boots cameras from Patrick Frazee hearing over missing Woodland Park woman Kelsey Berreth
[...]

Teller County District Judge Scott Sells said he made the ruling Wednesday because of "extraordinary media attention" on Patrick Frazee, saying he didn't want to compromise Frazee's right to a fair trail.

A trial date will be set if Frazee, 33, pleads not guilty in the case. He is scheduled to be arraigned before Sells at 8:30 a.m. in Cripple Creek.

[...]

A spokeswoman for the District Attorney's Office said she is barred from addressing the issue of plea negotiations, and the defense has cited a gag order in declining to field questions, making it unclear how Frazee intends to proceed.

[...]

If PF is convicted, the terms of imprisonment are well established. He will be transported to the Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center – DRDC, 10900 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80239, as all prisoners are for initial orientation and evaluation prior to permanent placement. Inmates convicted of Murder in the First Degree are generally assigned to the Colorado State Penitentiary – CSP, East US Hwy 50 at Evans Blvd, Canon City CO 81215. With his life experience in horse training, no prior criminal record, and lengthy history of volunteering in the Colorado Prison Rodeo program; there is an excellent chance he will be offered a position in the Wild Horse Inmate Program – WHIP which is headquartered conveniently at the Canon City Penitentiary. He will be 55.4 miles from home, so scheduled visits by any members of his family should not be a hardship.
CCi - Wild Horse Inmate Program

He would not be eligible for that program. They have to be within five years of release to be eligible plus have a minimum restrictive classification which a LWOP murderer would not have:

» Insight Inside: WHIP – Taking the Reins

Offenders are chosen for WHIP by a job board made up of three panel members and overseen by the Warden of the Canon Minimum Center. The offender must have a minimum restrictive custody classification score or less and must be within 5 years of their Parole Eligibility Date (PED) to qualify.
» Insight Inside: WHIP – Taking the Reins

Oops! Jinx. I am way behind.

Will someone remind me of why PF is charged with two counts of first degree murder?

Please & Thank you.

Video of DA May's explanation of the charges here:
Frazee formally charged in missing Woodland mom case

SABBM:

Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May said he filed two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of solicitation against Frazee.

“Obviously, there’s only one murder in this case,” May said. “Under Colorado law, we file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. We filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.”

One of the murder charges alleges that Frazee caused Berreth's death with the intent to do so. The other count alleges that Frazee, and possibly others, committed a robbery or attempted to do so, and that Berreth was killed in that incident, according to court documents.

I think PF will waddle in to the Court, chained up tight, armored vest on, pink handcuffs, and his very fashionable green striped suit. He will stand up and plead not guilty. His lawyers will make a quick plea for bail and the judge will just as quick say no. He will then waddle back out to his waiting ride and be taken back to his cell. He is being kept from the general population of the jail. This is the only time PF gets out and sees something new. He is going to play this for all it is worth. Sad but true.

I think PF will waddle in to the Court, chained up tight, armored vest on, pink handcuffs, and his very fashionable green striped suit. He will stand up and plead not guilty. His lawyers will make a quick plea for bail and the judge will just as quick say no. He will then waddle back out to his waiting ride and be taken back to his cell. He is being kept from the general population of the jail. This is the only time PF gets out and sees something new. He is going to play this for all it is worth. Sad but true.

This optimist from Tennessee hopes PF pleads guilty and ends up in the sophisticated, striped garb of big boy prison by Monday.

No more need for the armored vest except for the sentencing hearing.

A no death penalty deal but LWOP in 23 hour lock-up.

Bologna sandwiches poked through a hole in the door and two phone calls a week.

Let it be, let it be......

I think he may pull a "Chris Watts" and plead guilty then file an appeal.

We don’t have confirmation that CW does in fact have any intention of appealing his case. Regardless, it is destined for failure if he tries.

I was stunned that he took a plea in that case, as the death penalty doesn’t have any teeth in Colorado.

I’d be more surprised in this case though.

Although the evidence is every bit as damning as the case against Watts, this guy has challenged law enforcement the entire way here.

He remained silent and lawyered up, basically challenging them to make a case against him.

No body, no case.

That’s arrogance. I fully expect that to continue, and for him to fight this to the bitter end.

There’s no incentive to plead guilty, unless the prosecution wants to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

They have his own lies, cell phone evidence, surveillance footage, a material witness, and physical evidence. Their case is strong.

I don’t see a deal coming.

Last edited:
This optimist from Tennessee hopes PF pleads guilty and ends up in the sophisticated, striped garb of big boy prison by Monday.

No more need for the armored vest except for the sentencing hearing.

A no death penalty deal but LWOP in 23 hour lock-up.

Bologna sandwiches poked through a hole in the door and two phone calls a week.

Let it be, let it be......

I'm optimistic, too, Mem....

Just not of PF entering a guilty plea.

I'm stubbornly hanging on to the belief that DA May is going to announce his intention to pursue the death penalty after PF enters his NG plea.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but still: it's nice to dream.
(Current status: Humming "When You Wish Upon a Star")

Here's hoping DA Dan makes all my dreams and wishes come true!

JMO.

I'm optimistic, too, Mem....

Just not of PF entering a guilty plea.

I'm stubbornly hanging on to the belief that DA May is going to announce his intention to pursue the death penalty after PF enters his NG plea.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but still: it's nice to dream.
(Current status: Humming "When You Wish Upon a Star")

Here's hoping DA Dan makes all my dreams and wishes come true!

JMO.
The sun has set here so here's my two cents:

Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight.

DP sounds good to me even if it doesn't have any teeth in CO :)

Although the evidence is every bit as damning as the case against Watts, this guy has challenged law enforcement the entire way here.

He remained silent and lawyered up, basically challenging them to make a case against him.

No body, no case.

That’s arrogance. I fully expect that to continue, and for him to fight this to the bitter end.

RSABBM:

Actions Speak Louder Than Words.

In this case, PF's actions don't merely speak: they positively scream.
And what they scream, over and over and over again is one word:
"GUILTY!"

PF doesn't have to say a thing.

The evidence speaks for itself.

The evidence against PF is utterly damning.

The fact that he refuses to acknowledge that he's hung himself w/ his own lasso speaks not only to PF's arrogance, but his moronicity as well.

He's the only one who's going to be gasping in surprise when he's found guilty by the jury.

JMO.

Judge Scott Sells said the following in his denial for expanded media coverage for the hearing:

“I have determined that any expanded media coverage of the arraignment on May 24, 2019 would interfere with the rights of the parties to a fair trial and would create adverse effects greater than those caused by traditional media coverage. No expanded media coverage of any type will be permitted.”

News5’s Sam Kraemer will attend the hearing and we will provide coverage of the hearing on koaa.com. The hearing is scheduled to happen at 8:30 a.m.

Frazee, 32, is accused of killing his fiancé, Kelsey Berreth, by beating her with a baseball bat on Thanksgiving and burning her body a few days later.

He faces eight total charges — two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder, one count of tampering with a deceased human body and two counts of a crime of violence. If Frazee pleads not guilty, the case is headed for trial.

District Attorney Dan May said previously that his office will have nine weeks to make a decision about pursuing the death penalty in the case after he enters a plea.

Judge will not allow cameras at Frazee arraignment hearing

Sounds like it's a "GO" for tomorrow. I think it might have been continued from April because the landfill search was still going on. Having said that, just because there was no trace of KB found doesn't mean the search came up a total failure, remember. If the landfill gave up anything, most likely there has been enough time for preliminary analysis at least that can completed well before trial time.

IMHO, MOO, MOO

Yes. I actually would love to hear her say that.

Babies require a lot of attention. When watching a baby however, one does not become blind and lose their sense of smell.

“Mrs. Frazee, does your house have windows?”

“Can you see me right now?”

“It appears you have a nose. Does it work?

“Yes, sir, my house does have windows, but they don’t open because they are are painted shut.”

Rule #1: Never ask a question that you don’t know the answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288