Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a Youtube video that showed the road past the bridge towards the house at the end of the road. It was hardly more than a wide path. Under the bridge and back towards the other way, it seemed a little bit wider.
You can see the road pretty clearly by adjusting back in Google Earth to 4-2017 when the leaf cover is gone. It's just a 2 rut road in the woods.

We can get a perspective of its width and location during the time a few official vehicles were parked there during the search:

driveway1.jpg driveway2.png

Last edited:
Find my iPhone was not used, Becky Patty talked about this at length, possibly it was in her interview with Gray Hughes (not 100% sure that's where). Becky had thought she could call the phone company and they would locate the phone using that kind of technology but they wouldn't and couldn't. It's pretty obvious she didn't know how the technology worked or she would have described logging into Apple with Libby's password. I wish they'd had the means and understanding to do that.

it strikes me as a glorified driveway for the couple of properties back there
It is indeed an unpaved, narrow private lane/driveway. It can be seen in some of the YT site exploration and re-enactment videos.

Most of us had those same questions in the beginning and someone had to ask them! :0)

I lurked here most of the time in the beginning and was very grateful for those who asked the questions I wanted to know the answer to as well!

There were some really helpful links posted in the media thread early on that showed cell towers, etc.

To the best of my recollection, the family never disclosed how the pings were pinpointed that night.

I think your idea about the findmyphone app is a solid one.

JMO
Sorry if I missed this before, but was Libby’s FB public or private?
The short time I was on FB, I noticed one of my ‘friends’ FB page showed everywhere she went, like ‘Jane Smith is at Starbucks’, and followed her every move. I was just thinking of that possibility in this case.
Again, apologies if already discussed and answered.

The short time I was on FB, I noticed one of my ‘friends’ FB page showed everywhere she went, like ‘Jane Smith is at Starbucks’, and followed her every move. I was just thinking of that possibility in this case.
Her fb was pretty public.
I don't recall if she used the 'check in' function that shows where you are, but I remember seeing all her friends and pictures etc. at the time.

@bradfordsleuth
The "newly presented sketch was drawn within 3 days of the murders" and yet it was not used for 2 years!! Is that because, #1 a witness said, "It can't be him because he and I were attending the event at the high school together?" or, #2 "My (insert: spouse, brother, co-worker, son, father etc.) was picking up mail at the post office with me at 3 pm."
Just had a thought that what if a person covering for them thinks they are covering for a much lesser crime this person "admitted to be doing" at the time.

Even with the BG video (which isn’t exactly clear) and the audio this is a tough case.

Between tower information, obtaining/reviewing phone records, identifying SM friends (FB, Instagram, SC, Twitter and Kik), following up on the thousands of tips, and following self generated leads LE had their hands full. A lot of this work would be very labor intensive even with a task force of people IMO.

Also the last feed had a post that mentioned the family having issues with the phone company and getting info on tracking/pinging. Just curious why that would be as I was under the impression that the phone was Grandma's?
There was a lot of talk that the phone was BP phone but in an interview with BP (think it was GH interview) BP said the phone was Libby's but she recently had some problems with it and had to do a reset to it.

Hi HAN great point....DNA is not missing, it is there. However the DNA has to be matched to the perp. We went through the same thing 'in our neck of the woods', so to speak. LE had plenty of DNA but the offender was not in the CODIS system because DNA samples were not taken for minors. It wasn't until his crime spree continued and he was arrested as an adult, for a felony robbery in another county, that investigators were able to get a hit on CODIS. The whole process took nearly 10 months.

We DO NOT know that THE PERPS DNA is there. LE has never confirmed they have DNA from the presumed murderer. This keeps coming up over and over again. All LE has said is that DNA was recovered from the crime scene. Well, of course it was, DNA is all over everything, everywhere. Again, WE DO NOT know that LE has any DNA relating specifically to Abby and Libby's murderer.

That's simply not a feature of Facebook. Unless she was sharing the locations herself vis individual posts.

'My Fear Is That We Could Be Here 10 Years From Now And We Won’t Know What Happened Or Why,' Says Slain Teenager’s Mom

Another brief clip illustrating the families’ dedication in elevating the awareness of that first sketch. This is also where Abby’s mom says of the SC photo, just her first thought “she’s grounded, that bridge is so high!” and comments on the clothes Abby was wearing.
I thought I had read somewhere that Abby hadn’t been on the bridge or wasn’t allowed to go on it.

I thought I had read somewhere that Abby hadn’t been on the bridge or wasn’t allowed to go on it.

Possibly what you read came from Abby’s mom comment.

But I think we also have to consider the context in which it was made as not all remarks are intended to be taken literally. The families have been subject to harsh and totally ridiculous SM criticism, as if to suggest their parenting was irresponsible because teenagers shouldn’t be allowed out of the house without supervision.

His clothes look like what most older guys wear here in the midwest. Someone mentioned it looks like he's wearing a Purdue tee under his jacket. I can't get past that. It looks just like a shirt a friend of mine wears. (He's not BG. Doesn't fit the description, doesn't sound, walk like him. Yadda, yadda.)
I don’t see enough detail to be able to say if there is any type of logo on his clothes, especially a shirt that is under a jacket and possibly a hoodie.

In regards to finding DNA, is it possible if DNA was found on the girls that it could somehow be explained away as to why it was there? Is it possible that the explanation was also backed up by a seemingly solid alibi, but now that alibi is in question? Just speculation and my opinion, of course.

It is my understanding Libby also took photos with her own camera (separate from camera on cell phone.) I have seen the pictures of Abby which I believe were found on SnapChat. Has it ever been stated whether the camera was recovered? I do know one of the Youtubers created a video simulating Libby taking photos but want to know if this was fact. If so, I think it possibly could have been an additional trigger for the suspect I have in mind.

Somewhere you may be able to find a video of Abby’s mom and she talks about Abby taking photos with her old camera. But nothing has been mentioned about either of the girls having a camera with them that day. Unfortunately some youtubers make videos based on theories pulled out of thin air.

In regards to finding DNA, is it possible if DNA was found on the girls that it could somehow be explained away as to why it was there? Is it possible that the explanation was also backed up by a seemingly solid alibi, but now that alibi is in question? Just speculation and my opinion, of course.

Anything’s possible but as more than two years have passed I think the likeliest possibility is DNA was not recovered which would conclusively identify the murderer, beyond any doubt.

If LE had solid evidence including DNA, I don’t think a “say-so” type alibi would prevent charges from being laid. It’s common for criminals to be successfully convicted even though they pose a defence claiming they can’t have done it, including testimony from others involving verbal alibis.

It is indeed an unpaved, narrow private lane/driveway. It can be seen in some of the YT site exploration and re-enactment videos.

Yes the road appears to narrow after going north, straight through the intersection at the end of N625W and then it passes a few residential properties before curving toward the one at the very end of the road.

South on N625w is the landfill station. By ironic coincidence, this also appears to be where RL drove to while his licence was suspended.
Carroll County Transfer Station | Delphi, IN

Owner of Delphi murder site admits to driving to county dump on day of teens’ killings

Anything’s possible but as more than two years have passed I think the likeliest possibility is DNA was not recovered which would conclusively identify the murderer, beyond any doubt.

If LE had solid evidence including DNA, I don’t think a “say-so” type alibi would prevent charges from being laid. It’s common for criminals to be successfully convicted even though they pose a defence claiming they can’t have done it, including testimony from others involving verbal alibis.

Marking my space. I, too, feel there is no workable DNA, as this case has accumulated enough money, and LE does not come across as the person who would be against using DNA.

Last edited:
Possibly what you read came from Abby’s mom comment.

But I think we also have to consider the context in which it was made as not all remarks are intended to be taken literally. The families have been subject to harsh and totally ridiculous SM criticism, as if to suggest their parenting was irresponsible because teenagers shouldn’t be allowed out of the house without supervision.
I couldn’t actually open the video to see exactly what she said, but I kind of remember seeing it.

I’m not criticizing the parents at all. Kids need some freedom. Plus, sometimes you can’t control what they do. People can definitely be jerks. I just vaguely remember the comment about Abby and the bridge and absolutely can’t remember where I read it. The forgetfulness is bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708