Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week last Saturday I went to my mates who lives on Phillip Larkin Close, just off Beverley Road.

We had a few beers and then went to watch the football at Haworth Arms before going to see Noel Gallagher.

We had to walk past 'Libby's' bench. It's almost like a little garden in that little alcove. So beautiful.

After the gig we ended up in Welly for a 'Madchester' themed after party.

Amazing night, but the sadness still lingers around that area.

Another thing is my mates wife said it was well know there was a flasher in the area. But the police just wasn't that interested.
I think both the University and the police failed in their duty of care regarding PRs flashing! Even if they did nothing else they could have made it well known and they could have circulated descriptions! My child is a student and knew nothing about a flasher in the area let alone what they looked like. If she didn't I have no reason to suppose Libby would. If students had been specifically warned and given descriptions I doubt Libby would have gone into PRs car without a massive fuss.

Everyone has said how much the cartoon drawing from the boxing day charges looks like PR. There would have been descriptions of age and build as well. Libby came across a genial looking bloke. If police had notified the uni and asked them to pass on the info even drunk she'd have seen through that.

Everything about that night upsets me but hearing yet another way she might have been saved is tragic.

Interestingly when those first SM reports were circulated re the boxing day flashing, it way stated he was Polish. Seems there was quite a lot of identifiers there yet very little interest, attendance by a PCSO some time later.

Seems many of us are still here, still checking in daily, still hoping for some Justice and closure for Libby and for her loved ones. ❤

I am not 100% convinced P killed Libby or even for sure that she was murdered...much more info is needed. I wonder if police even have enough info to be sure either way...and then to prove it is a whole other factor. Jmo
So what do you think happened to her? How did she end up dead in an estuary?

I am not 100% convinced P killed Libby or even for sure that she was murdered...much more info is needed. I wonder if police even have enough info to be sure either way...and then to prove it is a whole other factor. Jmo

I agree much more info for us Joe public is needed to come to that conclusion..hoping and presuming the police have a clearer picture

I think it's very unlikely hes not responsible for her death in some way but to conclude he murdered her is a massive leap

as much as it saddens me to say this i think member mark_us is partly on the right lines by saying the police were and still are clueless as to what happened to libby. i mean what do they have on PR, a string of unrelated charges brought in a desperate attempt to keep him in custody. and what happens after his trial if he is found guilty, he gets sent down for a while but is this really justice for libby?...NO. i also have a gut feeling that if PR was involved in libbys death he had an accomplice that night, the screams and muttering male voices on wellesley/heathcoate do not sit well with me at the moment.

as much as it saddens me to say this i think member mark_us is partly on the right lines by saying the police were and still are clueless as to what happened to libby. i mean what do they have on PR, a string of unrelated charges brought in a desperate attempt to keep him in custody. and what happens after his trial if he is found guilty, he gets sent down for a while but is this really justice for libby?...NO. i also have a gut feeling that if PR was involved in libbys death he had an accomplice that night, the screams and muttering male voices on wellesley/heathcoate do not sit well with me at the moment.

I don't know how much credence can be given to a poster who never provided verification of being 'connected' to the case (and had some of his more vile statements removed), but what the police are probably suffering from is not being clueless but evidence-less. If there's limited or no witnesses, cctv, evidence on a body or in the environment, what are they supposed to do?

I don’t know. But dozens of young people have ended up dead, in water, in recent years after nights out, while intoxicated. It happens over and over.
It does indeed. But they are usually near water. Libby wasn't near water. Libby didn't seem capable of walking to any waterway that would have led her to where she was found. So how did she get from bench to water?

Just my opinion, but I also think he had an accomplice.

I think the editing of spidercam is odd. We don't see him arrive, park or get out of the car and move to wherever he goes. Yet we get him unlocking the door, walking back from somewhere and even sitting having a smoke. What is missing must be significant otherwise it'd be shown. I wonder did he contact someone?

I still have reservations about the time it took to find Libby. That, in my opinion, negates lone pervert unplanned random sex attack gone wrong and suggests he planned it. He's doesn't appear that bright. So again I think planned with someone.

I think the location of spidercam is relevant. I can see no reason for him to be there or in the vicinity unless he was looking for a lone woman.

I think the claims his sister made to MSM about putting her address in sat nav is odd and I wonder if it was to cover him giving someone else her address - Making the woman that heard muffled screams and male voices near her home relevant again.

I think the police seemed to attach importance to the Croda CCTV.

I don't think LE can be clueless. Even here we're pretty sure PR had Libby in his car. They have far more.

But if there was an accomplice police need to arrest him and if he's across abroad already that is difficult.

Are people using the word 'clueless' in the slang sense to mean 'incompetent', or literally, ie the police are lacking enough clues to ascertain the series of events?

Me, lacking in clues.

Mark_us, make up your mind from this: "There appears to be some general consensus here that the police know a lot more than they have released. As someone connected, obviously I can not prove that here but I can tell you that is not the case. I'm sorry to say that the police are as clueless as the rest of us. After the last reported sighting of Libby they haven't a clue what has happened to her or how she has just disappeared. Isn't this evident also?"

Me, lacking in clues.

Mark_us, make up your mind from this: "There appears to be some general consensus here that the police know a lot more than they have released. As someone connected, obviously I can not prove that here but I can tell you that is not the case. I'm sorry to say that the police are as clueless as the rest of us. After the last reported sighting of Libby they haven't a clue what has happened to her or how she has just disappeared. Isn't this evident also?"
I think that he disappeared quite quickly and didn’t engage on private message either, so we can assume he was as much in the know as the rest of us.

Me, lacking in clues.

We're not police and we aren't exactly clueless tho.

We know Libby was sitting on a bench nowhere near water. We're sure Spidercam shows she was in PRs car in Haworth street. We know something from that footage has been edited out. We can assume it's because it contains something relevant given we do get to see PR just smoking. We know her body was found in water. We know the police have, as a minimum, mssses of witnesses and some CCTV alleging PR is a fairly dysfunctional sex offender. We know 4 people were in the vicinity of the park the night Libby disappeared and were reluctant to come forward. We know there were sub zero temperatures that night and the park was dark and lonely. We know enough about dealers to speculate about whether that would be an ideal location to sell in the middle of winter without risk.

We also know that LE arrested PR on 6th Feb and were given leave to hold him for the maximum amount of time. That's 3 extensions?. The above, without her body could possibly have generated the original arrest but would it have got the extensions? We know they are only granted if questioning opens new lines or new evidence is presented.

Mark_us also suggested things that sound highly unlikely and made me personally doubt his connections. Not least the fact he said things on a public forum.

So I don't think the police are necessarily clueless. They've got to have more than we have. What I do think is this is not a simple opportunistic sex attack gone wrong. IMO PR had thought about this.

I think i missed his outbursts, thread had already been cleaned up, when i came back.

Police around here dont have the greatest rep though unfortunately. Nicknamed blunderside and rated inadequate in recent history.

I also think the timescale of Libby being found is around what i would expect for someone washed into the Humber, 6 weeks-3 months is about usual from my recollection of others lost to the water.

I think that he disappeared quite quickly and didn’t engage on private message either, so we can assume he was as much in the know as the rest of us.

One of the Mods stepped in and got rid of a lot of his posts and said Mark_us wasn't a verified insider, despite his claims to be connected to the case (which he never substantiated).

I think i missed his outbursts, thread had already been cleaned up, when i came back.

Police around here dont have the greatest rep though unfortunately. Nicknamed blunderside and rated inadequate in recent history.

I also think the timescale of Libby being found is around what i would expect for someone washed into the Humber, 6 weeks-3 months is about usual from my recollection of others lost to the water.

Inadequate rating in 2015; the latest is 'good'.

Humberside Police gets first 'good' rating - BBC News

Indeed, they were very recently rated good. I would call 4 years past, 'recent history' though.

Edited to add i wasnt giving my personal opinion on the force, more a background of the feeling of *some* locals.
That's quite worrying especially in conjunction with serious cuts to police numbers. But didn't they say they were drafting in experts from other forces or did I imagine that

I don’t know. But dozens of young people have ended up dead, in water, in recent years after nights out, while intoxicated. It happens over and over.

But most of these have been found in areas of water that were easily accessible, canals, lakes etc... I know the river is near to where she was last seen and suspected to be - but the access to it isn't easy. I struggle to see how she would accidentally get herself in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam