National Enquirer theme park to feature Di death scene, O.J. crime site, more

owsley

Former Member
Reaction score
National Enquirer Live! Inside the theme park that turns Princess Diana's death into a tasteless attraction with a computer model of her last moments, has a replica of the O.J. Simpson crime scene and an exhibit on Michael Jackson's balcony photo
  • The National Enquirer Live! is set to open its doors to customers at noon Friday
  • Attraction will feature August 31, 1997, car crash that took Princess Diana's life
  • It is located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, few miles from Dolly Parton’s Dollywood
  • Amusements impresario Robin Turner said it 'shows the pathway as she left the Ritz hotel, and the paparazzi chasing her' before the crash
  • Turner claims the attraction has been put together in a 'positive' and tasteful way with only computer animation at work

How gross and distasteful!!

Is there not a limit or law to restrain people from duplicating these horrific events? There are survivors in all these cases. What must the family think knowing they have been violated by a “money hungry” impresario?

This really makes me angry!

Hey, perhaps there will be a "catch-and-kill" exhibit documenting the times the paper helped candidates become elected by acquiring rights to stories, sometimes involving illegalities on the candidate's part, then quashing the accounts, thus covering them up.

On the BRF thread, I suggested we WSers take a trip, settle into a big cabin, and quietly protest in front of this abominable place with images of the two, too-young Princes walking behind their mother's funeral carriage.

Maybe those images of the late Nicole Simpson with the facial bruises?

If this was set up as a crime museum, well, maybe....

How gross and distasteful!!

Is there not a limit or law to restrain people from duplicating these horrific events? There are survivors in all these cases. What must the family think knowing they have been violated by a “money hungry” impresario?

This really makes me angry!
National Enquirer Live! Inside the theme park that turns Princess Diana's death into a tasteless attraction with a computer model of her last moments, has a replica of the O.J. Simpson crime scene and an exhibit on Michael Jackson's balcony photo
  • The National Enquirer Live! is set to open its doors to customers at noon Friday
  • Attraction will feature August 31, 1997, car crash that took Princess Diana's life
  • It is located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, few miles from Dolly Parton’s Dollywood
  • Amusements impresario Robin Turner said it 'shows the pathway as she left the Ritz hotel, and the paparazzi chasing her' before the crash
  • Turner claims the attraction has been put together in a 'positive' and tasteful way with only computer animation at work
I hope he drops down dead. Sorry if I offend anyone,but as a citizen of the UK that is how I feel.
Making money from tragic scenes.

It would be one thing if this was Universal Studios and it had a new park showing "Famous Demise" scenes in movies, ...Scareface, Shining,etc.. but like most of you said, not really in the best taste there and not sure who the target audience is? Us crime buffs??? fail

...and yet, there would be more than a few historical true crime vignettes I'd pay to see in a theme park. I mean, I have been to Dallas for the Dealey Plaza experience, to Fall River MA for Lizzie Borden, and Salem and Salem Village (now Danvers, which also has a notorious insane asylum), long ago to Cielo Drive in Hollywood for the Tate residence, various gangster-related '30s sites in Chi, I have taken a walking tour (two actually) of crime sites in London, one of them Ripper-centric, plus 10 Rillington Place locale in London too, plus the Tower, and many more there, and on the continent, and here.

Explain to me the difference that makes us (me too!) act so offended by this Enquirer place. Is it because Lady Di? Or just the notion of an amusement park setting?

Last edited:
...and yet, there would be more than a few historical true crime vignettes I'd pay to see in a theme park. I mean, I have been to Dallas for the Dealey Plaza experience, to Fall River MA for Lizzie Borden, and Salem and Salem Village (now Danvers, which also has a notorious insane asylum), long ago to Cielo Drive in Hollywood for the Tate residence, various gangster-related '30s sites in Chi, I have taken a walking tour (two actually) of crime sites in London, one of them Ripper-centric, plus 10 Rillington Place locale in London too, plus the Tower, and many more there, and on the continent, and here.

Explain to me the difference that makes us (me too!) act so offended by this Enquirer place. Is it because Lady Di? Or just the notion of an amusement park setting?

Amusement park setting, I don't care who it is, it is in very bad taste.

What’s next, the child beheaded at the highest water park ride or the toddler grabbed in the water by an alligator at Disney World?

C’mon, this has to stop, and now! Once this type of replication is allowed, it will only continue and get worse. IMO.

How can we get these horrors from being turned into entertainment? Is there a committee that approves what type of ride is grotesque? Does

Sounds like you've planned to visit actual locations of well-known events. You've likely researched the events and can see the locations insight-fully. If you travel to Paris, you might visit the actual hotel and drive/ride through the actual tunnel.

A spooky-tourism group may profit from your curiosity.

This monstrosity replicates locations with big shock value for profit. Ticket purchasers don't need to know anything about in particular about the events -- except that lovely women & their companions died, with media exposure.

Horrible!

Sounds like you've planned to visit actual locations of well-known events. You've likely researched the events and can see the locations insight-fully. If you travel to Paris, you might visit the actual hotel and drive/ride through the actual tunnel.

A spooky-tourism group may profit from your curiosity.

This monstrosity replicates locations with big shock value for profit. Ticket purchasers don't need to know anything about in particular about the events -- except that lovely women & their companions died, with media exposure.

Horrible!
Yes, quite true. I would, though, go the theme park route (or amusement park, if you will!) for historic crimes of ages ago, when recreations of buildings etc. would enhance the experience as the originals are long gone. (I know that sounds creepy of me!) Yes, I'd like to visually experience 10 Rillington Place and 10050 Cielo Drive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back