CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Frazee just walked back in. He’s talking with his attorney related to the civil case. Judge Scott Sells says this is a probate hearing. Frazee’s attorney requests the hearing to be closed. Angela Jones does not object. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
9:00 AM - 24 May 2019

Kolby Crossley on Twitter
This next hearing involving #PatrickFrazee is closed. The DA will be holding a press conference. We will keep you updated. @KRDONC13
9:01 AM - 24 May 2019
I wonder if an estate for KB has been opened? I haven't checked the docket in awhile - it would make sense. They would also need to have declared her dead officially with a death certificate IMO.

I don’t expect it, but I suppose they could still work out a plea deal up until the time the trial starts, correct? The only way I can see him agreeing to that is if even more evidence comes in or maybe a decision to go for the death penalty (although he would probably sit in prison for the rest of his life if found guilty).

It isn’t something I really expect. JMO

I wonder if an estate for KB has been opened? I haven't checked the docket in awhile - it would make sense. They would also need to have declared her dead officially with a death certificate IMO.

The death certificate and another thought is, they do not have permanent custody of the baby. I would think assets would automatically pass to the baby unless KB had something else arranged. The condo one would hope because the parents are on it and I believe financed it would go to them, the truck was in mom's name wasn't it? May be some life insurance, etc.

It is probably just difficult to proceed with no death certificate, etc. would be a guess. I would hope that d***arse would not be trying to fight for anything of hers...

BBM:

Music To My Ears!!!!!

*Edited: Pommy already provided a link to the presser @ post #501 upthread...thank you as always and ever, @PommyMommy !!!
Lol, I knew you'd like that one. Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new avi.
bouncing-for-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Patrick Frazee pleads not guilty to fiancée's murder
Patrick Frazee pleaded not guilty Friday morning to the murder of his 29-year-old fiancee, Kelsey Berreth.

His trial has been set to Monday, Oct. 28, 2019.

[...]

Patrick Frazee pleads not guilty in presumed killing of Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth
Patrick Frazee has pleaded not guilty in the disappearance and presumed killing of his fiancee, Kelsey Berreth.

Teller County District Judge Scott Sells on Friday set a trial date of Oct. 28 for the Florissant man, who is accused of killing Berreth in her Woodland Park home on Thanksgiving Day in 2018. Sells said he expects the trial to last three weeks.

[...]

Patrick Frazee pleads not guilty to killing fiancee Kelsey Berreth
Patrick Frazee, the man accused of killing his fiancee Kelsey Berreth and burning her remains on a makeshift pyre, pleaded not guilty on Friday morning in Teller County District Court.

[...]

Teller County District Court Judge Scott Sells set a trial to begin on Oct. 30.

[...]

Man accused of killing fiance pleads not guilty
Patrick Frazee, the Colorado man accused of killing his fiancé, Kelsey Berreth, in a vicious assault in her home, pleaded not guilty on Friday.

[...]

At Friday's court appearance Frazee was shackled, dressed in a jail jumpsuit with a bulletproof vest, as his mother and sister looked on. Charges against him include murder and solicitation to commit murder.

His trial was set for Oct. 28.

[...]

Man accused of killing local mom pleads not guilty
On Friday, Frazee pleaded not guilty to all felony charges at the Teller County courthouse in Cripple Creek, Colorado.

Frazee's next trial date has been set for October 28th at 8:30 a.m.

A consumptive testing hearing will take place on June 14th at 9 a.m. and a motions hearing is set for August 23rd at 9 a.m.

The trial is expected to last three weeks.

[...]

@Niner, @Tippy Lynn Apologies if this is a repeat. :oops:

On Friday, Frazee pleaded not guilty to all felony charges at the Teller County courthouse in Cripple Creek, Colorado.

A consumptive testing hearing will take place on June 14th at 9 a.m. and a motions hearing is set for August 23rd at 9 a.m.

[...]

BBM:

Interesting! I know a lot of us are really curious about this particular piece of evidence.

Will we finally learn what the mysterious item requiring consumptive testing is on 06/14?

JMO.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us expect this trial will proceed in October, do we? I don't at least.

That is not a slam at anyone, it just is what occurs in most cases anywhere it seems, particularly with murder charges. No one wants any chance of grounds for appeal right? I sure don't.

If a consumptive testing hearing is in June (four months before trial), and it is still being discussed then and not even completed yet, I just do not see it on that basis alone. And everyone here knows of all of the others ways that can cause delay aside from that. It is a long way off unless the defendant decides he wants it to proceed and proceed quickly imo which never seems to be the case...

Jmo.

Carol McKinley on Twitter
NEW: #PatrickFrazee has pleaded not guilty to murdering #Kelseyberreth on or around 11/22/2018. Her body has not been found despite an 8 week search in an El Paso County landfill. @ABC

D7VsvQkUwAIRddn.jpg

8:43 AM - 24 May 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
BREAKING: #PatrickFrazee pleads NOT GUILTY to first-degree murder charges in killing of fiancee and Woodland Park mother #KelseyBerreth. @csgazette

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Stiegerwald says Frazee is prepared to enter a not guilty plea. They’re talking about dates for a trial date. They’ve decided on Monday, Oct. 28. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Of course he pled NG

[...]

I don't guess anyone is surprised by this plea, but I am super surprised they only expect the trial to last three weeks. I feel like it would take me three weeks to just re-read all the case threads here!

[...]

Just checking in now. I see the NG plea, as we expected.

Slowly but surely, the wheels of justice are now in motion.

As always, thanks to you PommyMommy, and everyone here, for keeping us updated!

Shoots, I am late to the party. Thanks for the updates, everyone! So it was an arraignment after all, and PF pled not guilty. Did y'all see this from the article that PM linked?

'Police want to make it clear the investigation is not over and they are "committed to bringing justice to Kelsey's family."'

I wonder if the police are still looking for KB's remains somewhere other than in the landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member