S.B.T.C sound that out loud to yourself

If you take a look at the ransom note the last thing the author wants you to read is S.B.T.C
A lot of speculation has been made about what this stands for and i think if you sound this out slowly and out loud to yourself you will hear SBATCEE. Now...what does that sound like to you SBATSY.

Look again at the ransom note and you can see that the letter "B" in the S.B.T.C looks very much like a "P" and then filled in to make a "B".
Sound it out loud with using a "P" and what do you get SPATSY. Make the S silent and its

"PATSY".
Sorry, but this gave me the giggles. Spatsy the patsy indeed.

I came away from several books written by those investigating the case. There is probably good insight in each of these. Kolar definitely examined as much about each family member as possible. In my humble opinion, unless someone was invited into the home, it really leaves the three we know were present. I thought Kolar really worked both possibilities (outsider/insider). He landed at two strained parents covering for their son. I am not sure we will ever know the full truth. My personal opinion is that Kolar shared his investigation well as how it came to this possibility. I trust the Grand Jury's decisions though they were dismissed.

InvSmith,
Sure, looks like the parents enacted most of the staging. If you consider John Ramsey can still be charged with Murder in the First Degree, to statute of limits, etc. Then this must have been the case during the Grand Jury proceedings, he was hit with other Counts, so why not Murder 1?

Looks to me as if Hunter applied due process to repress any involvement by Burke Ramsey, thereby accommdating Colorado's statute on not revealing personal data relating to minors, etc?

I think S.B.T.C stands for something. It's got a meaning. special bonus this christmas, sleeping beauty or spoiled brat etc. It has a meaning. I think the murderer was obsessed with movies and wanted to make his own movie. I think it was a man, mature aged, old enough to know about movies such as Ruthless people from 1986, dirty Harry from 1971, and someone who knew about the 1968 kidnap and ransom note (which is 2 and a half times longer than the Jonbenet ransom note), someone close to the Ramseys, someone who obviously wanted to hurt them, someone who hated the spoiled, overindulged and sassy JBR. The way she was laid out, in her blanket, the severe blow to the head, the strangulation with the garrote, the sexual assault, he meant what he did, it was personal. SBTC has a meaning. He was obsessed with movies so SBTC might stand for something said in a movie.

I think S.B.T.C stands for something. It's got a meaning. special bonus this christmas, sleeping beauty or spoiled brat etc. It has a meaning. I think the murderer was obsessed with movies and wanted to make his own movie. I think it was a man, mature aged, old enough to know about movies such as Ruthless people from 1986, dirty Harry from 1971, and someone who knew about the 1968 kidnap and ransom note (which is 2 and a half times longer than the Jonbenet ransom note), someone close to the Ramseys, someone who obviously wanted to hurt them, someone who hated the spoiled, overindulged and sassy JBR. The way she was laid out, in her blanket, the severe blow to the head, the strangulation with the garrote, the sexual assault, he meant what he did, it was personal. SBTC has a meaning. He was obsessed with movies so SBTC might stand for something said in a movie.
There was a male neighbor that indicated Dirty Harry had recently played on T.V. in December. In looking at the autopsy, there was evidence of prior assault within the last few weeks. I don't know how an outsider did all the prior acts then ultimately kills in her home. It could happen but no one ever mentioned who that could have been. Actually, I didn't find any investigation that addressed when and where this could have happened. With the foreign faction theme of the letter, I think it could have been Subic Bay. We may never know...

InvSmith,
Sure, looks like the parents enacted most of the staging. If you consider John Ramsey can still be charged with Murder in the First Degree, to statute of limits, etc. Then this must have been the case during the Grand Jury proceedings, he was hit with other Counts, so why not Murder 1?

Looks to me as if Hunter applied due process to repress any involvement by Burke Ramsey, thereby accommdating Colorado's statute on not revealing personal data relating to minors, etc?

@UKGuy I completely agree about the Grand Jury record suppression. Kolar in his book is pretty clear that medical records for Burke had been removed. The U.S. is somewhat becoming more like the UK with medical record protection. I actually audit and investigate many medical and clinical records in white collar crime. It is easy to figure our when you are not seeing all the records.

Kolar and the G J were baffled by the case. Imo.
I can say after going back and reviewing what has been written and recorded; I don't feel like I know much either. All I know is there were many internal conflicts occurring within the family. I am big on statement analysis and there were a few interviews that really raised flags. Kolar appeared quick to pick these out.

What do you think the word "victory" prior meant with the S.B.T..C.? I am thinking foreign faction and Subic Bay Training Center corresponds. A foreign faction (which there wasn't one) could definitely be in the Philippines and JR was there. Or it is a religious notation.

If you take a look at the ransom note the last thing the author wants you to read is S.B.T.C
A lot of speculation has been made about what this stands for and i think if you sound this out slowly and out loud to yourself you will hear SBATCEE. Now...what does that sound like to you SBATSY.

Look again at the ransom note and you can see that the letter "B" in the S.B.T.C looks very much like a "P" and then filled in to make a "B".
Sound it out loud with using a "P" and what do you get SPATSY. Make the S silent and its

"PATSY".

Now was someone trying to FRAME Patsy??
IF Patsy was the author of the note would she really use something that when sounded out loud as one word sound very much like her name with a silent S!
This was done in a very subtle manner. Very sneaky yet quite cleverly. Were people being groomed with this subtle mind control to think Patsy was the author.
Who would benefit from doing this? Hmmmm
Let's NOT forget that the author also included the words "southern" another push for the reader to believe it was Patsy. BUT again why would Patsy try to incriminate herself when she if she was the author would stay far away from incriminating herself in a ransom note.

Why would Patsy use one of her own paintbrushes? To incriminate herself???? or was someone trying to frame her!!!????
I don't think anything I reviewed of recent makes this case planned. My overall impression especially with the skull injury at 8.5 inches (I think) was a sudden tragic occurrence. The rest like the paint brush was just staging. It look like she was hit from behind in a sudden uncontrolled event.

What do you think the word "victory" prior meant with the S.B.T..C.? I am thinking foreign faction and Subic Bay Training Center corresponds. A foreign faction (which there wasn't one) could definitely be in the Philippines and JR was there. Or it is a religious notation.
I think victory stands for the murderers feelings of successfully defeating his enemy, be it either the Ramsey's or John Ramsey. He says in the Ransom note that john's not the only fat cat in town. I think the murderer was someone involved with JR business dealings. It's been said that JR business started in his basement, i find it ironic it essentially ended in his basement. I don't know what SBTC stands for, i suspect it's something that was said in a movie.

I don't think anything I reviewed of recent makes this case planned. My overall impression especially with the skull injury at 8.5 inches (I think) was a sudden tragic occurrence. The rest like the paint brush was just staging. It look like she was hit from behind in a sudden uncontrolled event.
Are there any official documents that link the paint brush to the birefringent material found in her vagina? The autopsy states "A small number of red blood cells is present on the eroded surface, as is birefringent foreign material." From what i have read, birefringent material in the vagina is often caused through condoms, talc or lubrication, oil etc.

Are there any official documents that link the paint brush to the birefringent material found in her vagina? The autopsy states "A small number of red blood cells is present on the eroded surface, as is birefringent foreign material." From what i have read, birefringent material in the vagina is often caused through condoms, talc or lubrication, oil etc.

blackcatsarecool,
The birefringent material need not be singular it might include all of the above. If the coroner knows that he has observed birefringent material, usually as the result of a standard lab test, then he will know the actual source of the birefringent material, whether it is one or many different samples.

LOL! Nice reference to a terrific old conspiracy theory! ;)

But seriously, I think "S.B.T.C. Victory!" Is "Saved By The Cross" as discussed elsewhere. For me, when I try to pronounce "S.B.T.C" as a word, all I get is "Essbeeteecee". Not even close to "Patsy". Maybe it is an accent thing. :)
I’ve always thought it stood for “Saved by the Christ”. I believe I like your version better!

intruder theorist here...
As the epic ransom note addressing John personally was derogatory towards him, and also requested a ransom amount suspiciously mirroring that of his bonus cheque, it is felt that the intruder(s)/perpetrator(s) must have been known to one or more of the Ramseys, and clearly held a very hateful grudge. For these reasons it has also been said the murder of jonbenét was personal.
Familiarity with the layout of both the Ramsey home and their movements, the mocking intruder(s) must also have been aware of the family's Christian faith ... (S.B.T.C. saved by the cross).
I did also, somewhere, come across a paragraph stating how various of the hired help were disgruntled at what they deemed to have been insufficient pay for their efforts and, combining this with the personal/derogatory/mocking elements of the ransom note has led me to feel that what was intended by the S.B.T.C signature is "Saved By The Cheque" ( ...crap pay but S.B.T.C)

Last edited:
The murder of JB was pers
intruder theorist here...
As the epic ransom note addressing John personally was derogatory towards him, and also requested a ransom amount suspiciously mirroring that of his bonus cheque, it is felt that the intruder(s)/perpetrator(s) must have been known to one or more of the Ramseys, and clearly held a very hateful grudge. For these reasons it has also been said the murder of jonbenét was personal.
Familiarity with the layout of both the Ramsey home and their movements, the mocking intruder(s) must also have been aware of the family's Christian faith ... (S.B.T.C. saved by the cross).
I did also, somewhere, come across a paragraph stating how various of the hired help were disgruntled at what they deemed to have been insufficient pay for their efforts and, combining this with the personal/derogatory/mocking elements of the ransom note has led me to feel that what was intended by the S.B.T.C signature is "Saved By The Cheque" ( ...crap pay but S.B.T.C)
The murder of JB was personal. It has been said that there is not a more personal way of killing someone, than by strangulation.

You know who is obsessed with movies?
John Ramsey.

I've mostly thought about the SBTC like this: Patsy is a drama queen. There is likely a real phrase behind it (something like "Saved By The Cross", but the phrase is actually meaningless. It's a dramatic flourish. Nothing more, nothing less.

Possible?

The murder of JB was pers

The murder of JB was personal. It has been said that there is not a more personal way of killing someone, than by strangulation.

Yes, this is said. But the studies on which that saying is based make differentiation between manual strangling (spontaneous, hands on the throat kind of strangling) and stranglings that involve nylons or belts...garrotes are a thing precisely because the executioner doesn't want to feel the life draining out of the victim. Manual strangulation is rage and intimacy (and even an unsuccessful one committed on a domestic partner is an indicator of further violence and the potential for homicide).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back