CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense does not want anyone to see PF. This is a Halloween Trial and it is hard to make a Ghoul look human. This tells me Defense has no defense. Their game plan is for a prosecution screw up or last minute change of venue in hopes of a technicality. PF will play this for all it is worth. There is no other game for him other than what is on the menu.

Shoots, I am late to the party. Thanks for the updates, everyone! So it was an arraignment after all, and PF pled not guilty. Did y'all see this from the article that PM linked?

Man accused of killing local mom pleads not guilty

'Police want to make it clear the investigation is not over and they are "committed to bringing justice to Kelsey's family."'

I wonder if the police are still looking for KB's remains somewhere other than in the landfill.

BBM:

I think they're still actively investigating whether or not there are any other individuals who may have been involved in crimes r/t KB's murder.

It's another shot across the bow letting PF's crones and/or cronies know that nobody's off the hook yet.

Naming no names, of course.

JMO.

Last edited:
The defense does not want anyone to see PF. This is a Halloween Trial and it is hard to make a Ghoul look human. This tells me Defense has no defense. Their game plan is for a prosecution screw up or last minute change of venue in hopes of a technicality. PF will play this for all it is worth. There is no other game for him other than what is on the menu.
. Halloween trial least he will have his Munster look.i hope it’s a death penalty case . The one I feel bad for is that baby girl all this ugliness will forever be there to hear and see

BBM:

I think they're still looking into whether or not there are any other individuals who may have been involved in crimes r/t KB's murder.

It's another shot across the bow letting PF's crones and/or cronies know that nobody's off the hook yet.

JMO.

You are right GordianKnot. There are more people involved and someone may still roll over a say where KB’s remains have been placed. Lots of people knew about this murder for a long time before it happened. Very unusual to say the least. People tried to cover for PF after the murder. What’s in it for them?

Should his trial begin in October, that is less than one year since he murdered KB.

Isn’t that a quick turn around? Cases like this drag on and on. How did this get through the courts so quickly? Is it because it is a small town and there just isn’t much evil?

Docket:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
6/13/19
8:15 AM 1H FRAZEE, PATRICK Review WAppearance of Parties D602018JV26 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

6/14/19
9:00 AM 2H FRAZEE, PATRICK Motions Hearing D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

8/23/19
9:00 AM 1D FRAZEE, PATRICK Motions Hearing D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

10/28/19
8:30 AM 1D FRAZEE, PATRICK Jury Trial D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

10/29/19
8:30 AM 1D FRAZEE, PATRICK Jury Trial D602018CR330 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

10/30/19

10/31/19

11/1/19

11/4/19

11/5/19

11/6/19

11/7/19

11/8/19

11/12/19

11/13/19

11/14/19

11/15/19

11/18/19

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

I noticed they don't have 10/18 on here....

More from the presser video:

DA May discussed the Death Penalty again.

He spent quite a bit of time talking about the DP, in fact, in r/t Colorado law and the need to show at least one of the aggravating factors identified by CO law is present.

"It's one of the weightiest decisions a district attorney makes."

He reinforced again that he has 9 weeks to make a decision.

This man is brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant.

JMO.

Last edited:
We just wrapped up the press conference. Not a whole lot of new information there. May says his office has the next 9 weeks to decide on pursuing the death penalty under Colorado law. No decision has been made yet. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
10:27 PM - 24 May 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says he hopes three weeks will be enough for the trial, noting the timeframe was agreed upon by all parties. He wouldn’t comment on whether a change of venue is possible, because that’s a motion only the defense can file. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:29 PM - 24 May 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Prosecutors say they do anticipate Krystal Kenney will be here to testify in the jury trial, which aligns with her plea deal. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:30 PM - 24 May 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Lastly: The prosecution has yet to complete the consumptive testing that has been talked about for months. A process for doing that will be discussed at a motions hearing in June. They are testing other items though. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:31 PM - 24 May 2019

BBM:

I think they're still looking into whether or not there are any other individuals who may have been involved in crimes r/t KB's murder.

JMO.
Hmmm. Possibly one of the good old boys he was seen with in the days between Thanksgiving and his arrest, or a family member. MOO

PommyMommy, thank you for the press conference video! Thanks also to the others who’ve posted updates. I’d actually forgotten today was the hearing until my daughter, who is an attorney in CO, texted me with a reminder! I wonder if they’ll be able to stick to the October 28th date ... the wheels of justice turn so slowly that I’ll believe it when I see it. I definitely think PF’s team is going to come out guns blazing to condemn KK ... what other choice do they have? I don’t think they have much of a defense.

Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this? I know we keep saying there is/must be all this evidence, but ... I’m concerned there isn’t enough for a jury to actually convict him of the murder. I worry since no body, if no trace of him in Kelsey’s home (or his presence will be explained away). The not guilty plea. Why would would he and his public defender even waste everyone's time with that if they know they’re backed into a corner. I don’t know, just don’t feel good about this.

Should his trial begin in October, that is less than one year since he murdered KB.

Isn’t that a quick turn around? Cases like this drag on and on. How did this get through the courts so quickly? Is it because it is a small town and there just isn’t much evil?
IIRC, Dan May stated in a previous news conference that the average length of time for a murder case to go to trial IN TELLER COUNTY is one year. MOO

This case has been unusual all the way around; for example, the arrest occurred just slightly under three weeks from the alleged murder, IIRC. I'd like to see it happen in October, but in these cases, typically the defense will ask for a delay. I really hope it doesn't, for the B's family's sake. MOO

Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this? I know we keep saying there is/must be all this evidence, but ... I’m concerned there isn’t enough for a jury to actually convict him of the murder. I worry since no body, if no trace of him in Kelsey’s home (or his presence will be explained away). The not guilty plea. Why would would he and his public defender even waste everyone's time with that if they know they’re backed into a corner. I don’t know, just don’t feel good about this.

Actually, I'm feeling the exact opposite: I'm extremely confident.

I'm not concerned in the least. No worries here.

It's all over but the shoutin.'

Rest assured, PF is going to be found guilty.

Because, well, y'know, he IS guilty. So there's that.

JMO.

Last edited:
Patrick Frazee pleads not guilty during arraignment hearing
[...]

A motion hearing for consumptive testing will take place on June 14. An all-day motion hearing will take place on August 23 at 9 a.m.

A second hearing happened on Friday right after Frazee's not guilty plea. The second hearing was on behalf of Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey Berreth's mom. Everyone not related to the case, including the media, was not allowed inside the courtroom.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member