Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
We DO NOT know that THE PERPS DNA is there. LE has never confirmed they have DNA from the presumed murderer. This keeps coming up over and over again. All LE has said is that DNA was recovered from the crime scene. Well, of course it was, DNA is all over everything, everywhere. Again, WE DO NOT know that LE has any DNA relating specifically to Abby and Libby's murderer.
Why would 1st Sergeant Holeman say at Crimecon (see video at 16 minutes for explanation) say they were availing themselves of genealogy websites?...(ugh I hate auto type....genealogy not gynecology)

Look at the subtle change in his face, when A Banfield asks about DNA in this case... almost a smile and roll of the eyes: "That's a great question. And, we will not deny nor confirm whether or not we have DNA evidence. But, I think the public realizes (in?) a crime like this very, very rarely do we not come up with DNA. Uhm, but without going into great detail, uh, I will tell you this we have utilized every resource

available if the evidence is there we will reach out to the DNA people.....(grasping for words...then specifically says) Ancestor.com."

IMO....(and crude transcription.) A police department would not avail themselves of a genealogy website if they didn't have DNA samples to send to them. And, I don't think Holeman would go to an event like Crimecon to "blow smoke at/in front of/or with" the parents of those beautiful young girls.
BTW, my hat is off to anyone who can transcribe from a video...it is really hard to do.:)

You have to have an "isolated DNA sample" in order to compare it or submit to genealogical website. You can not send them a spoonful of dirt and ask them to find a match for it. For what ever reason, this investigation took a big change....SKETCH & TIES TO THE COMMUNITY. I'm "all in" on the results of DNA coming back and it surprised investigators.... (well at least some of them)
Instead of demonizing DNA as "the great accuser," I am seeing it as the shield that ultimately protects the wrongfully accused, too.

Jumping off this post to remind everyone that you need to call or email the police if you think you have a tip or have discovered a person who matches the sketch or sketches. DO NOT post what you think you have found here on the forum.

Take any and all sleuthing of non-POIs to your private conversations and DO NOT mention them here. It is a major TOS violation to sleuth non-POIs on the forum. It's even worse if you are implicating a minor child in your posts. And baiting is against our rules, so DO NOT hint that you have uncovered information that you can't share openly here.

If you think you know something, call the police.

Bump.

It's possible perp could have lost a bit of weight in last 2 years
due to poor coping skills, anxiety at getting caught, alcohol or
drug abuse.

<modsnip - discussing a case not known to be related to this one>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would 1st Sergeant Holeman say at Crimecon (see video at 16 minutes for explanation) say they were availing themselves of genealogy websites?...(ugh I hate auto type....genealogy not gynecology)

Look at the subtle change in his face, when A Banfield asks about DNA in this case... almost a smile and roll of the eyes: "That's a great question. And, we will not deny nor confirm whether or not we have DNA evidence. But, I think the public realizes (in?) a crime like this very, very rarely do we not come up with DNA. Uhm, but without going into great detail, uh, I will tell you this we have utilized every resource

available if the evidence is there we will reach out to the DNA people.....(grasping for words...then specifically says) Ancestor.com."

IMO....(and crude transcription.) A police department would not avail themselves of a genealogy website if they didn't have DNA samples to send to them. And, I don't think Holeman would go to an event like Crimecon to "blow smoke at/in front of/or with" the parents of those beautiful young girls.
BTW, my hat is off to anyone who can transcribe from a video...it is really hard to do.:)

The talk about the DNA occurs at around the 15 minute mark, give or take a little.
To me, this video is an example of LE talking all around the DNA question without confirming they have any.
1) He “will not confirm or deny” it’s presence. They don’t want to tip off the killer.
2) “The public knows most crime scenes reveal DNA.” That would be DNA from any and everybody near and around the crime scene. Not
all crime scenes reveal usable DNA from the perpetrator.
3) “We will use every resource available..including reaching out to the DNA people...and ancestry.com.” He’s using future tense here for a reason I think. As in, if we ever have anything to contact them about.”
My interpretation of what he said is: “ I can’t confirm or deny that we have any DNA. Most people know most crime scenes contain DNA, but we’re not always able to discern the perpetrator’s DNA from other’s, but since I’m neither confirming or denying I won’t go into that. Be assured that we will use whatever tool is available to us to find this guy, and that includes familial DNA analysis if that becomes available to us in the future.
Nothing I hear confirms LE has DNA.

MOD NOTE:

At this time there is NO named suspect or POI in this case. That means any discussion of ANYONE who HAS been named in any other case CANNOT be discussed on this thread. It is a clear and blatant violation of TOS to do so. Posts have been removed, will continue to be removed, and Time Outs will be issued for repeated violations.

PLEASE do not reply to posts/posters that violate TOS. Instead please report and Mods will take care of it.

We do not want to close this thread for clean up, but repeated violation posts will require that it might happen.

THANK YOU for your cooperation in keeping the thread open for smooth discussion.

CocoChanel

I wonder if rural Indiana dialect is known to be vague? I am not in Indiana, but my husband has certainly accused me of being less than clear on occasion. Things like saying “we need the car” vs “we need the driver of the car” when they mean the same thing are relatable and not unusual to me.
I think that is a possibility. Most small town police officers are deeply local to a particular area and would be more likely to have local speech patterns.

As a side note, my relatives are from TN. I noticed that the older ones can also use vagueness in their speech and frequently make even mild requests indirectly- Instead of "Please pass the salt" they say "Is that salt shaker too close to you?".

Last edited:
If this guy was following them through one of those apps, he’d almost certainly be behind bars right now.

That leaves a digital trail, and I’ve never heard of a crime like this, committed in that way.

I think that’s way too sophisticated for a guy that was this brazen, reckless, and stupid.
I, too, doubt that BG was stalking the girls via SM or any app.

However, there is a fairly recent case near me where the killer did stalk his victim through an app.

In July 2016 Shannon O’Rourke was found murdered in her home. (She lived four doors down from a friends of ours so we all followed this case pretty closely.)

In Feb 2017 the killer was arrested and has since been convicted and sentenced to 30 years.

Although MSM says they were friends, my friend (who was Shannon’s neighbor) said that Shannon was mostly just friendly with him because she knew him from a local restaurant/bar.

LE believes she may have briefly left her phone unattended at the bar while she went to the restroom and the killer downloaded an app on her phone without her knowledge that he used to track her.

30 years behind bars for Burlington County man who strangled, stalked woman

We DO NOT know that THE PERPS DNA is there. LE has never confirmed they have DNA from the presumed murderer. This keeps coming up over and over again. All LE has said is that DNA was recovered from the crime scene. Well, of course it was, DNA is all over everything, everywhere. Again, WE DO NOT know that LE has any DNA relating specifically to Abby and Libby's murderer.
We have pretty good signs that they do have what they believe is the killer's DNA with the chain of official events and comments made, IMO. Especially the comments and actions by ISP Maj. Steve Holland director of the Indiana State Police laboratories in June 2018, Sheriff Leazenby in January 2019 and then in turn ISP Carter's direct statements at the April 2019 PC. AJMO

Familial DNA search might unlock Delphi killer's identity

Cops Send Evidence To FBI In Indiana Teens Abigail Williams & Liberty German’s Murder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member