Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Paul Blume on Twitter
Jake Patterson's father has just entered the courthouse complex. Will he have anything to say today? While Jake has made some public statements to media from jail, his loved ones have been very quiet about the shocking crime. Sentencing now 20 minutes away. #JaymeCloss
D7WfHaVXoAUcrSw.jpg

1:10 PM - 24 May 2019 from Barron County Justice Center

Kristen Barbaresi on Twitter
VIDEO: Now the family of Jayme Closs is entering the courtroom. We expect at least one of them will give a victim impact statement.
1:18 PM - 24 May 2019

Paul Blume on Twitter
Jake Patterson's father has just entered the courthouse complex. Will he have anything to say today? While Jake has made some public statements to media from jail, his loved ones have been very quiet about the shocking crime. Sentencing now 20 minutes away. #JaymeCloss
D7WfHaVXoAUcrSw.jpg

VIDEO: Now the family of Jayme Closs is entering the courtroom. We expect at least one of them will give a victim impact statement.

I hope JP's father doesn't speak today. Not much he can say, and today is the Impact Statements. It is the victim's day.

Paul Blume on Twitter
D7WfHaVXoAUcrSw.jpg

Who is the smaller person following JTP's father in?

Jayme's aunt Sue is speaking now

ETA: She's really struggling to get through it, sobbing with tears in her voice.

This is so heartbreaking. :(

(She's talking to fast for me to transcribe)

She asked the judge to sentence the maximum for each count.

Maria Szatkowski on Twitter
Sentencing is underway in #JaymeCloss case. Jake Patterson is in court, there are 6 family members who wish to speak.
1:34 PM - 24 May 2019

Nathaniel Shuda on Twitter
Judge warns those in courtroom to maintain decorum or they will be removed. Prosecutor says 6 of #JaymeCloss' family members will give victim impact statements.
1:35 PM - 24 May 2019

Judge warns those in courtroom to maintain decorum or they will be removed. Prosecutor says 6 of #JaymeCloss' family members will give victim impact statements.

I am glad I don't have to go through this type of thing. I would be overly angry and tempted to break the rules if my family member's murderer was in the same room as I.

Jayme's cousin Lindsey (sp?) is speaking now.

Speaking directly to JTP and telling him what he took from her family.

She's also crying through her words. She asked the judge for the max sentence so he can never hurt anyone else. She asked for justice for Jim, Denise and Jayme.

Jayme's aunt Jennifer is speaking now.

Jayme lost her parents, her whole world and she was their whole world.

They live in fear everyday, have home security systems and don't feel safe.

She asked the judge for the max sentence and justice.

Matt Sepic on Twitter
Lindsay Smith, cousin of Jayme Closs, calls Patterson "extremely terrible person." Asks for maximum sentence on each count.
1:38 PM - 24 May 2019

Sarah Danik on Twitter
Jayme Closs' family says "The pain you’ve caused is indescribable"
1:39 PM - 24 May 2019

Katie Conway on Twitter
6 Closs family members will deliver victim impact statements; Cousin Lindsay Smith says,"...you took so much from Jayme, you took her parents, her home, her childhood…and now she has to rebuild her life." #JaymeCloss
1:39 PM - 24 May 2019

KARE 11 on Twitter
Jayme Closs’ cousin Lindsey Smith reads impact statement: “You took so much from my family but you won’t take our happiness.”
1:40 PM - 24 May 2019 from Barron, WI

Jayme's aunt Kelly is speaking now.

She's sobbing. She says she tried to cry before this hearing so she would not cry more but this loss has been so devastating.

Her brother Jim worked every overtime shift and never complained, to do what he had to do to provide for his family.

They will never get their family member's back. There will never be another Sunday phone call from Denise and Jim to talk about the Packers.

She was scared to death from the moment they heard Jim and Denise were dead and Jayme was gone. She couldn't sleep for 88 days. She thought about it constantly for 88 days.

She asked the judge for life in prison, consecutively with no chance of parole so that they can finally sleep and night knowing Jayme is safe and no one else will be hurt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back