Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Maria Szatkowski on Twitter
"Knowing what my sister went through the last minutes of her life, trying to protect Jayme." says Jennifer Smith, aunt of #JaymeCloss. "Jayme no longer has her parents, which was her whole world."
1:40 PM - 24 May 2019

WFRV Local 5 on Twitter
"None of us are going to win today. None of us are going to get our family members back." - Jayme Closs' aunt in a victim impact statement.
1:43 PM - 24 May 2019

Erinn Taylor on Twitter
"For 88 days we had to listen to people speculate, to people talk about your family...how do you go to bed at night, not knowing is she hungry, is she scared? And we had to do that for 88 days." - Jayme Closs' Aunt.
1:45 PM - 24 May 2019

Sarah Danik on Twitter
More from James Closs' sister - "Thank God after those 88 days we at least got answers … the pieces were put together, one person did that, that was my niece, she saved our family" @FOX9 #jaymecloss
1:46 PM - 24 May 2019

Jayme's uncle Mike is speaking now.

His brother Jim never missed work, provided for his family, always called his mom on Sundays. Always called his brother on Sunday. Jim loved the Packers.

He remember the day he heard like it was yesterday. He couldn't comprehend it. He was the one who had to tell his mom that James and Denise were murdered and Jayme was missing. The next 88 days they lived in fear. Everyone in their family was scared.

He's at peace knowing his brother didn't suffer long but he's mad as hell that Jim didn't have a chance to defend himself and his family either.

Jayme won't have her parents at her dance recitals. Jim won't be around to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day.

He asked the Judge to "do the right thing".

Chris Hrapsky on Twitter
Mike Closs, the uncle to #JaymeCloss and brother to Jim Closs recalls the nightmare morning of Oct. 15th: “My wife came down screaming, ‘Your brother’s dead. Denise is dead. They can’t find Jayme.’”
1:49 PM - 24 May 2019

Haley BeMiller on Twitter
Jim Closs' brother Mike said he remembers Oct. 15 like it was yesterday. His wife came downstairs screaming, and he had to tell his mother what happened. "The next 88 days -- they were terrible. We lived in fear." #JaymeCloss
1:49 PM - 24 May 2019

Mark Treinen on Twitter
A recurring message from #JaymeCloss aunts, cousin and now uncle at Patterson hearing is that they all lived in fear of their own safety, not just Jayme's, while she was missing. Whoever took her had killed two members of their family already.
1:50 PM - 24 May 2019

Haley BeMiller on Twitter
Mike Closs: “Because of this monster, Jayme won’t have her mom and dad...My brother won’t be able to walk down the aisle on her wedding day.” #JaymeCloss
1:51 PM - 24 May 2019

Katie Conway on Twitter
“Because of this monster, Jayme won’t have her mom and dad at her dance rectials, won’t have mom and dad at her prom, homecoming dance. My brother won’t be able to walk her down the aisle..." Mike Closs, brother of James Closs @ABC #JaymeCloss
1:53 PM - 24 May 2019

Jayme's uncle Jeff is speaking now.

He's choking up with tears. Denise was terrorized. Jim was as tough as they came. If Jim had gotten his hands on him it would have been different.

They will never get to talk on the phone to Jim and Denise again while JTP gets to call his family all the time from jail

He asked the Judge to "do the right thing"

Nathaniel Shuda on Twitter
Guardian ad litem reads statement from #JaymeCloss at Jake Patterson sentencing hearing.
1:54 PM - 24 May 2019

Sarah Danik on Twitter
Lawyer reads Jayme Closs victim impact statement: "It makes me the most sad he took away my mom and dad - I loved my mom and dad very much and they loved me very much - they did all they could to make me happy and protect me." @FOX9
1:55 PM - 24 May 2019

Statement now on behalf of #JaymeCloss. "Last October, Jake Patterson took them (her parents) away forever. I don't want to see my home again.... I have to have an alarm on the house now just so I can sleep."

"There are some things Jake Patterson can never take away from me. He can't take away my freedom. I watched his routine. I will always have my freedom, and he will not."

"He can never take away my courage....He can never take away my spirit. He can't change me, or take away who I am. I will go on to do great things with my life, and he will not. Jake Patterson will never have any power over me, but I have some Patterson over him."
1:56 PM - 24 May 2019

KARE 11 on Twitter
Jayme Closs statement: "I will always have my freedom and he will not. Jake Patterson can never take away my courage. I feel like what he did was what a coward would do. I was brave he was not. He can never take away my spirit."
1:59 PM - 24 May 2019

WCCO - CBS Minnesota on Twitter
Attorney reads statement on behalf of Jayme Closs: "He can't stop me from being happy and moving forward with my life. I will go on to do great things and he will not. ... He should stay locked up forever."
2:00 PM - 24 May 2019

KARE 11 on Twitter
Jayme Closs statement: "He can’t ever change me. He can’t stop me from being happy or moving forward in my life. I will go on to do great things in my life and he will not. Jake Patterson will never have power over me."
2:03 PM - 24 May 2019

Will Jayme ever feel safe again? I don’t know how she could get over that.

I am glad that they have funds for probably what is a top of the lime security system.

To all of the people that begrudge them fundraising money, I hope some day they realize how small minded they are

DA: Due to location of #JaymeCloss' home on U.S. 8, Jake Patterson figured police wouldn't know where he came from... Eau Claire, Twin Cities, etc.
2:04 PM - 24 May 2019

DA: Jake Patterson picked his father's shotgun because it's common gun/difficult to identify & most effective killing whoever was in the house. #JaymeCloss
2:06 PM - 24 May 2019

Image of the shotgun Jake Patterson used to kill the parents of #JaymeCloss is being shown, as well as three gun shells.
2:08 PM - 24 May 2019

DA: James Closs did what any good father would do: He put himself between the danger outside and his wife and daughter, #JaymeCloss.
2:09 PM - 24 May 2019

DA: The terror and fear Denise & #JaymeCloss felt (when Jake Patterson killed James Closs) must've been excruciating.
2:11 PM - 24 May 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back