CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was my best friend but I wasn't his best friend.
Such a strange comment from a grown man.
MOO.

Even a conman/scammer turned murderer knows a true best friend really doesn't murder their true best friend. JM was probably the only guy friend had when Joey was murdered.

CMs words reveals so much about him when reading them in depth.

He's right. Joey truly was his best friend, but CM was never Joey's best friend.

CM was his worst enemy Joey would ever face before he was murdered by that very enemy.

Jmho

Last edited:
BBM

Best friends are ones you trust and cherish above all other friends you have.

A best friend is someone you count on above all others, too.

A best friend does not steal from you. Impersonate you to try and ruin you financially. Forge your name. A best friend wants the best for you in life and genuinely cares and loves you. CM did the exact opposite of what a best friend would do when JM and his family were missing.

<modsnip: removed personalizing comment>

He was my best friend but I wasn't his best friend.
Such a strange comment from a grown man.
MOO.

I know what he meant, it made sense to me. Joey likely considered Summer his best friend.

So while Chase may have referred to Joey as his best friend, he also knew he wasn't Joey's. I've known situations like that, makes sense to me.

That's what Chase said, and it makes perfect sense.

‘I am a normal man, trying to take care of my three kids and I have lost a very good friend. I wasn’t Joseph’s best friend, but he was mine. I didn’t have many people close to me, but we shared a lot. He told me a lot of things he didn’t tell anyone else.

‘Joseph’s family are the ones who lost the most from all this, no question. But financially I lost everything. I was manufacturing all the waterfalls he was selling and I lost my entire business. Without his sales, I had nothing. I went bankrupt very soon after he disappeared, It killed me financially. I even split up with the mother of my three kids because of the stress."

'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online

Because Merritt thinks he's the smartest man in the room. I'm sure he thought he could charm, connive and run the interview. Who needs an attorney when talking to law enforcement about your possible involvement in the murder of four people when you're Charles Ray Merritt? Pfft, after all it's only homicide detectives. Merritt has dealt with law enforcement his entire adult life. :rolleyes:

The person who apparently thinks he's the smartest man in that courtroom:

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

‘I am a normal man, trying to take care of my three kids and I have lost a very good friend. I wasn’t Joseph’s best friend, but he was mine. I didn’t have many people close to me, but we shared a lot. He told me a lot of things he didn’t tell anyone else.

‘Joseph’s family are the ones who lost the most from all this, no question. But financially I lost everything. I was manufacturing all the waterfalls he was selling and I lost my entire business. Without his sales, I had nothing. I went bankrupt very soon after he disappeared, It killed me financially. I even split up with the mother of my three kids because of the stress."

There are so many things in this quote that I find troubling.
1. A normal man taking care of family isn't gambling his life away, needing to go to his boss (a much younger man) for rent, car, and SOS money.
2. CM lost his piggy bank, not his best friend.
3. Yeah, Joey told CM things he didn't tell other people, like Summer has a spending problem and need QB deleted. Wonder if Joey said, "go ahead and call and pretend you are me, I don't mind".

IMO MOO etc

Imo, for CM he thought if Joey was really to remain his true best friend he would have continued to let CM scam, and steal from him. And not say or do anything about it much less cut him out altogether leaving him to fend for himself.

Imo, CM wanted Joey to be like him, and his thieving buddies/inmates.. who don't ever tell on the other one no matter what criminal acts they may do.

Imoo

I know what he meant, it made sense to me. Joey likely considered Summer his best friend.

So while Chase may have referred to Joey as his best friend, he also knew he wasn't Joey's. I've known situations like that, makes sense to me.
That's an interesting point. What married man wouldn't consider his own wife his best friend? I can't think of one that I know.

He told me a lot of things he never told anyone else.
Seriously?
And we know this to be true because the defendant said it?
Silly words from a grown man who claimed Joey didn't consider him as a best friend?
I am sure the interviewers had a field day listening to this conman.
MOO.

1. A normal man taking care of family isn't gambling his life away, needing to go to his boss (a much younger man) for rent, car, and SOS money.
3. Yeah, Joey told CM things he didn't tell other people, like Summer has a spending problem and need QB deleted. Wonder if Joey said, "go ahead and call and pretend you are me, I don't mind".

IMO MOO etc

Often loose lips sink defendants just like CM.

Imo, CMs lips were very loose, and all of his weird statements will probably be one of the very things that sinks CMs failing ship.

His inconsistent statements are more than holes found in a leaking dike ready to breech from all of the major holes, and damage its sustained.

Imo, the jury will closely dissect every inconsistent statement he made.

The truth always remains the same, and doesn't have to be memorized. However every lie told ...does.

It seems CM forgot that LE aren't those who easily fall for lies when they hear them ... like so many of his victims did when he was able to con all of them for years.

Imo

Kudos to SBSD. Without their investigation, these murders may never have been solved.

I'm glad they're receiving an award.

P.S. San Bernardino is a TOUGH area to police. Their are many bad, bad people in San Bernadino.

"Crime San Bernardino
Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in San Bernardino is one in 64."
San Bernardino Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/san-bernardino/crim

Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division receives the IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for ... from SBSD - Headquarters : Nixle
Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division receives the IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Criminal Investigation

"Judging focuses on contributions to the advancement of the art or science of criminal investigations and innovations in the development or enhancement of investigative techniques."

LE officers advance all the time, for most of them, that's their goal if it's their chosen career. This shouldn't even be an issue. How many involved LE officers advanced during the period between the murders and the arrest?
So what, they got an award because they went above and beyond their duty. Good for them. Hope what they contributed to the advancement of investigations helps other murder cases.

BBM
How much more convincing had he been if he left it right there. No buts. Nothing about him. But he couldn't help himself. Never appeared to get choked up about losing his best friend who had been brutally beaten. Never a sign of softness toward the babies and Summer. Same with CJ. Nary a comment about losing those sweet little boys so brutally. Nothing. They were all in survival mode.
MOO.

Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division receives the IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for ... from SBSD - Headquarters : Nixle
Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division receives the IACP/Thomson Reuters Award for Excellence in Criminal Investigation

"Judging focuses on contributions to the advancement of the art or science of criminal investigations and innovations in the development or enhancement of investigative techniques."

LE officers advance all the time, for most of them, that's their goal if it's their chosen career. This shouldn't even be an issue. How many involved LE officers advanced during the period between the murders and the arrest?
So what, they got an award because they went above and beyond their duty. Good for them. Hope what they contributed to the advancement of investigations helps other murder cases.

I think that was a weird way for them to end their Defense Case. Trying to make fun of someone getting an award for their hard work. o_O

Especially if you look at the defendants work history. He was a lazy, dishonest, rude and arrogant con man. Let's compare his integrity to the officer that won this award.

IMO MOO etc
BBM. Indeed. I think he considered him his best friend because he could schmooze him and control him. This was a grown man with 3 children of his own who chose to impose himself on this younger man's family life. Hanging around for days, staying long past dinner. A man who secretly harbored disdain for JM's wife. Even opined that JM always left his office light on all night. Also said they always brought the dogs in for the night. Even knew that Digger slept in the laundry room. All this info skeeves me out. Why would a father of three be so interested in how they lived. Bizzare. MOO.

How can they ...when they are not consistent unless telling lies means he was consistent?

Jmho

It helps to know there are people who think and understand things differently than oneself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member