Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Live updates: Jayme Closs' kidnapper sentenced - CNN

CNN live updates

JUST IN: Jake Patterson sentenced to life in prison

A Barron County judge just handed down this sentence for Jake Patterson:

• Count 1 of intentional homicide: Life in prison without eligibility of release on extended supervision
  • Count 2 of intentional homicide: Life in prison without eligibility of release on extended supervision, consecutive to count 1
  • Count 3 of kidnapping: 40 years in prison with 25 initial confinement and 15 of extended supervision, served consecutively

I heard the Judge pause -- but I wasn't aware who was speaking/interrupting. I also didn't see any movement by his lawyers so not sure it was JP speaking either. I could only see the bobble head...

I definitely think it was JP, and as someone else suggested, I think the last word in the first sentence might have been "letter".

Something to the effect of doing anything to undue the terrible things he did. Said he'd even kill himself but that wouldn't make it better. At least thats what I heard.
Bolding mine.

Re. the bolded portion : I don't have a problem with that at all.
Go ahead and do it, you vile .

He could live to be 89 and will cost the state a fortune-- since most likely he'll not be placed in gen. pop., but protective custody.

Can anyone hear (on a tape replay) what Patterson says when he starts interrupting the judge?
By Lou (lraguse@kare11.com)

Twitter

When Patterson interrupted the judge, he was saying “why don’t you read the rest of the letter. I wrote a lot more than that and you’re ignoring it” #JaymeCloss

I definitely think it was JP, and as someone else suggested, I think the last word in the first sentence might have been "letter".

I've replayed that video part several times, and it is definitely Patterson interrupting the judge. If you watch closely, you'll see Patterson's attorney put his hand on Patterson's arm in a warning to stop talking.

Update: Jake Patterson will spend life in prison for kidnapping Jayme Closs and killing her parents

UPDATE: The Wisconsin man who abducted 13-year-old Jayme Closs and killed her parents wrote that he fantasized "about keeping a young girl, torturing her and controlling her."

Jake Patterson's writings were summarized by Judge James Babler shortly before he sentenced Patterson to life in prison without any chance of release.

Babler said Patterson had written that "fear of hell" initially stopped him, but he stopped believing in God and began looking for an opportunity. Patterson wrote that he drove around looking for a girl to take but soon realize that wouldn't work, then conceived of doing it in a home invasion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back