France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, found deceased, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017 #2

Definitely agree on the world works in mysterious ways!

So.... no court date yet, eh? Last one was March....
impatient1.gif

No court date that I can find.

Still, who knows what may come of the report about "violence with a weapon" and what if lawyer Gallo manages to have the case of the sex tapes reopened? IMHO the Court will not require a reconstruction in either case. But you never know.

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...ais-23-05-2019-8078280.php#xtor=AD-1481423553

8078280_f8db6048-7d6f-11e9-ab4e-611ccceac207-1_1000x625.jpg

Thomas Rauschkolb's father received a picture of Nordahl Lelandais last March taken at the nightclub where his son was partying before he died in 2015. The gendarmes are working on this trail, but remain very cautious.

It's a disturbing picture, and the place where it was taken is even more disturbing. Thomas Rauschkolb's father received this enigmatic image on March 18. We see Nordahl Lelandais, already indicted for the murders of little Maëlys and Corporal Arthur Noyer, hugging a young woman at a party. On his right arm he wears a silver bracelet identical to the one seen on other pictures. His athletic musculature and hair cut leave little doubt as to the identity of the 36-year-old ex-military.

This photo was taken in August 2012 at Studio 54, a nightclub located in Grésy-sur-Aix (Savoie), according to the establishment's Facebook page. It was published by a waitress at the disco. A "marking" of the place and the date of publication is visible on the social network. Now, this disco is the last place where Thomas Rauschkolb was seen alive two and a half years later.

On December 27, 2015, the 18-year-old left his father's apartment and spent the evening at Studio 54, in this small town of 4500 inhabitants. It is located about thirty kilometres from Domessin, the family home of Nordahl Lelandais. Thomas' body was found the next day in the Sierroz River, not far from the nightclub. At the time, the courts quickly concluded that there had been a drunkenness accident.

But the unearthing of this "disturbing" image, in the words of Me Bernard Boulloud, who has recently started representing Thomas Rauschkolb's relatives, could revive the investigation. According to our information, it is already in the possession of the gendarmes of the research section who have never abandoned the file. According to a source close to the investigations, the investigators are convinced that it is indeed Lelandais. Investigations into this image have been launched. "But beware, this photo does not prove at this stage that he is linked to the death of Thomas Rauschkolb. Just that he went to the same nightclub."

"Nothing says that Lelandais was not there the day he died," says Francis Rauschkolb, the victim's father. "There are too many coincidences in this story ."
Thomas' father never believed the hypothesis of an accident. As a sign that the gendarmes do not totally exclude a crime, the Thomas Rauschkolb case is one of 40 non-elucidated cases selected by the gendarmerie's Ariane cell, who analysed more than 900 disappearances and suspicious deaths that could be linked to Nordahl Lelandais.

The gendarmes could not exclude the presence of the alleged killer in the area on the date of the boy's death, or even at Studio 54. This track in Lelandais, the victim's father considers it "credible", recalling that Corporal Noyer "was killed while leaving a nightclub " in Chambéry, less than 20 km from Grésy-sur-Aix.

In Francis Rauschkolb's view, several disturbing elements deserve to be analysed again. When Thomas left the disco the night he died, he took a different route from the one he usually took to get home. "It doesn't make sense," his father says. At the end of a residential driveway, he probably crossed a fence, losing a shoe on the way. "He wanted to escape from someone and was running away," Francis Rauschkolb thinks. Her son's belt was strangely discovered hanging on a fence a few dozen metres from her body. "He must have wanted to defend himself with it. This has been my conviction for a long time."

Refusing the theory of a simple fall put forward by the courts, Thomas' father had refused to cremate the boy in order to leave the door open for an autopsy. His lawyer, Me Boulloud, may request the investigators to exhume the body in the coming weeks. "I will do everything to find out the truth," "Francis Rauschkolb says. "This picture means real hope."

The gendarmes and the judiciary are still cautious pending further investigations. "The preferred option remains the accident at this stage," according to a judicial source. Hopes have already been dashed before: the relatives of two missing persons from the Fort of Tamié (Savoie) in 2011 and 2012 had thought they recognized Lelandais on a video shot at the festival. Expertise has concluded that it was not him in the end. This time, it is really him in the picture.

BBM

Sven, brother of Nordahl Lelandais, was beaten up

"You're Lelandais' brother, I'll f*ck you," one of his attackers reportedly told him, before beating him up. Sven Lelandais had his nose broken.

Sven Lelandais, the brother of Nordahl Lelandais, the alleged murderer of Maëlys de Araujo and Arthur Noyer, was violently attacked on February 1st, near Point-de-Beauvoisin (Savoie). The trial of his alleged aggressors was held on Thursday before the Criminal Court of Chambéry, the Dauphiné Libéré reports.

On this afternoon of February 1st, Sven Lelandais was in the centre of the village of La Bridoire, where he has lived for a long time, when a car stopped in front of him. "The first one, whom I don't know, opened his window to tell me: "You're Lelandais' brother, I'll f*ck you," said the victim at the stand, according to the regional daily.

A neighbour of Sven Lelandais then reportedly pushed his mother, who was trying to intervene. Sven was reportedly beaten several times while he was on the ground, according to a witness. One of the two defendants said that the first blows were allegedly carried out by Sven.

After suffering a broken nose and several injuries, Lelandais was transported to the hospital. He filed a complaint the next day. "For the umpteenth time, there have been reprisals against the Lelandais family. They make the brother and mother pay because of the brother," the young man's lawyer regretted.

Denouncing "violent outbursts", Sandra Reymond, the prosecutor, requested ten months in prison for the first defendant, a 30-year-old man. In the absence of the second, Sven Lelandais' neighbour, who has a well-filled criminal record, the magistrate asked for a year in prison. The case was put under deliberation for June 3.

In recent months, Sven Lelandais, who suffers from a degenerative muscle disease, had publicly defended his brother, Nordahl, suggesting a double accident in the murders of Maëlys and Arthur Noyer. "Nordahl, I don't see him committing the irreparable on purpose. I feel he is incapable of doing harm for no reason," he told us in our columns last September. "He's not a cold killer, nor a serial killer, as I know him," he had further explained.

BBM

Meurtre de Maëlys : un procès de Nordahl Lelandais en 2020 ?

According to the prosecutor of the Republic of Grenoble, the investigation is still ongoing into the murder of little Maëlys in Pont-de-Beauvoisin in Isère. Eric Vaillant hopes that it will be closed by the end of the year, possibly for a trial of Nordahl Lelandais in 2020.

At the invitation of France Bleu Isère, Éric Vaillant, Public Prosecutor of the Republic of Grenoble since 1 January, gave a brief update on the investigation into the murder of little Maëlys, killed in August 2017 in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (in Isère). "The investigating judges are waiting for the results of investigations into Nordahl Lelandais' personality," Éric Vaillant says, "they don't know exactly when they will receive these results."

As to whether the alleged murderer of the little Maëlys will be heard again, the prosecutor of the Republic of Grenoble explains that it is the investigating judges who "will determine whether there is a need or not."
"We expect a closure (of the investigation) before the end of the year, that the investigating judges will tell us that they have completed their investigations before the end of the year. This would allow us to prepare for the trial that could take place in this case in 2020," Eric Vaillant concludes.

BBM

This makes me wonder.... wouldn't it be better to bring both cases to trial at the same time? IMHO a double murderer would receive a higher penalty, unless France has a back-to-back system ~ I am not sure that they do but I do not think it likely. Meaning that say, 25 years for Maëlys' death and 25 years for the murder of Arthur Noyer would result in 25 years in prison, not 50.

Nordahl Lelandais une nouvelle fois interrogé par les juges en charge de l’affaire Maëlys

Nordahl Lelandais questioned once again by the judges in charge of the Maëlys case.

This new interrogation would have lasted several hours. According to information from the Dauphiné Libéré, Nordahl Lelandais was taken from his cell on Wednesday to be questioned by the Grenoble judges in charge of Maëlys' murder and the sexual assaults on the two little nieces. The thirty-year-old left his cell in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier prison under close guard early in the morning, heading for the Grenoble courthouse, where his lawyer, Mr. Alain Jakubowicz, was waiting for him. So far, nothing has filtered out of this new interrogation, which lasted several hours. For it was not until mid-afternoon that the 30-year-old was returned to his cell.

The Dauphiné Libéré also learned that the requests for psychiatric counter-expertise requested by Mr. Jakubowicz were rejected by the investigating judges. The Lyon criminal lawyer has also decided to appeal this order to the investigating division. The latter is expected to render its decision on 13 June.

BBM

I am reading rumours that Sydney Font (from Niner's list) who went missing from Caluire, would have returned home.
His name is no longer listed with the ARPD.
Allegedly he did not make the Ariane list.

A confirmation would be nice. :cool: :cool:

A confirmation of sorts:

Sydney FONT, 42 ans disparu à Caluire (69) - Retrouvé sain et sauf ... - Arpd

https://www.arpd.fr/actualite-5021-sydney-font-42-ans-disparu-a-...

URGENT. APPEL A TEMOINS. (dossier ARPD). Sydney FONT, 42 ans. Disparu à Caluire (69). Le 30 septembre 2014. La publication émane de sa famille ...

===============

"located safe and in good health"

Unfortunately the link goes to the general page of the ARPD
There is nothing to be found on their website about him, perhaps he wants to be forgotten.

One off the list with a happy ending, Niner!

Thank you for the updates ZaZara!! So June 13th next date, or just a decision?

And I'll take Sydney Font off my list! Good to hear at least one happy ending!

La famille de Nordahl Lelandais envisage de changer de nom

The brother and mother of the alleged murderer from Isère were physically assaulted last February.

Nordahl Lelandais' name has become too difficult to bear, so his family is thinking of changing their name, France Bleu Pays de Savoie reports. According to their lawyer, the brother and mother of the alleged murderer of little Maëlys de Araujo and soldier Arthur Noyer have been considering this possibility since they were attacked in the middle of the street last February.

On February 1st, Sven and Christiane Lelandais, Nordahl's brother and mother, were physically assaulted by two men in the commune of La Bridoire, in Savoie. Sven was beaten in front of his mother, while she tried to interfere.

The two individuals responsible for the attack were respectively sentenced on Monday to one year in prison and one year with a suspended sentence by the Chambéry criminal court, according to France Bleu. Me Dereymez, a lawyer for the Lelandais family, told the court that they were now living "hidden" and "locked up" because of the pressure they were under for being connected to Nordahl Lelandais. "You can imagine their lives, they can no longer keep the name they have," their lawyer explained.

BBM

La famille de Nordahl Lelandais envisage de changer de nom

The brother and mother of the alleged murderer from Isère were physically assaulted last February.

Nordahl Lelandais' name has become too difficult to bear, so his family is thinking of changing their name, France Bleu Pays de Savoie reports. According to their lawyer, the brother and mother of the alleged murderer of little Maëlys de Araujo and soldier Arthur Noyer have been considering this possibility since they were attacked in the middle of the street last February.

On February 1st, Sven and Christiane Lelandais, Nordahl's brother and mother, were physically assaulted by two men in the commune of La Bridoire, in Savoie. Sven was beaten in front of his mother, while she tried to interfere.

The two individuals responsible for the attack were respectively sentenced on Monday to one year in prison and one year with a suspended sentence by the Chambéry criminal court, according to France Bleu. Me Dereymez, a lawyer for the Lelandais family, told the court that they were now living "hidden" and "locked up" because of the pressure they were under for being connected to Nordahl Lelandais. "You can imagine their lives, they can no longer keep the name they have," their lawyer explained.

BBM

They should probably also move away from that area.

So far, only the brother is seeking a name change. Not only is he being harrassed and attacked, he is having a difficult time finding a job.

Lelandais, un nom trop lourd à porter

I wonder how much of this has to do with the fact that he has continued to defend his brother...

Affaire Maëlys : Sven Lelandais défend encore son frère

Apparently, there have been several (?) other attacks and Sven's lawyer will report more crimes in the coming days.

Sven Lelandais wants a new family nam AND a new first name. Hearing how the French struggle to pronounce Sven, with a very strong S and V, I can sympathise. They'd better pronounce it with a 'w' like in 'soin' or 'soit' .... or 'swan' for the Anglophiles, and hence swen. So much easier on the mouth and the breath.

According to Le Parisien
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...ais-sven-passe-a-tabac-24-05-2019-8079021.php

Sven Lelandais, [...] suffers from a degenerative muscle disease.

That won't help his job search either. I hope a new name will give him some peace.

Thursday, June 13th:
*Decision to be rendered today on appeal (No actual hearing) - France - Maëlys De Araujo (9) (Aug. 27, 2017, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère; found Feb. 14, 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34) arrested (9/3/17) & indicted with murder & kidnapping & forcible confinement of a minor younger than 15; being held in jail. Maleys' DNA found in his car.
*Indicted (12/20/17) for murder of Arthur Noyer (24) (April 11-12, 2017, Chambéry (Savoie); skull found Sept. 2017).
*Charged (7/3/18) with sexual assault of a minor under 15 yrs re sexual assault on his young cousin (7) during a family visit to his parents’ home a week before Maëly’s abduction.
*Indicted (12/7/18) for sexual assault on a minor & recording of child *advertiser censored* images. According to concurring sources, this indictment concerns the sexual touching of a little girl who was four years old at the time of the incident. Abusing his goddaughter, the daughter of a close friend.
The video was taken in 2017 before the one where he was seen with his 6-year-old cousin. (NL admitted in particular that he had "for some time" been attracted to children & had pedophilic tendencies. "I didn't really make the difference between a woman and a child," he told the investigating judges.)
For court dates 1/23/18 to 9/9/18 reference post #1286 here: Found Deceased - France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017
For court dates 9/21/18 to 2/18/19 reference post #1402 here:
Found Deceased - France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017
Reconstruction of Noyer case 3/20/19 to 3/21/19 reference post #1415 here:
Found Deceased - France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

3/21/19: Day 2 of Reconstruction Noyer case.
5/29/19 Update: Had interrogation with Judges. The requests for psychiatric counter-expertise requested by Mr. Jakubowicz were rejected by the investigating judges. The Lyon criminal lawyer has also decided to appeal this order to the investigating division. The latter is expected to render its decision on 13 June.

I am coming back to the disappearance of the mysterious Edwige Unkundirwase.
This is old news, it has been posted in the first thread but I wasn't aware of its significance.

RHONE-ENQUETE. Affaire Lelandais : flou et polémique autour des disparus du Rhône

According to our information, the case of Edwige Ukundirwase actually happened in August 2017. The 20-year-old woman of Rwandan origin disappeared in the Oullins sector, south of Lyon, while she was only supposed to stay for a short time in France.

BBM

August 27, 2017 is when little Maëlys disappeared. August 26 / 27 is when the wedding took place. Nordahl Lelandais became a suspect almost immediately. IMHO it must have been a lot easier to trace his wherabouts and phone movements of that same month than the rest of his life.

And what if (theoretically) Edwige Ukundirwase disappeared after August 27?

I am coming back to the disappearance of the mysterious Edwige Unkundirwase.
This is old news, it has been posted in the first thread but I wasn't aware of its significance.

RHONE-ENQUETE. Affaire Lelandais : flou et polémique autour des disparus du Rhône

According to our information, the case of Edwige Ukundirwase actually happened in August 2017. The 20-year-old woman of Rwandan origin disappeared in the Oullins sector, south of Lyon, while she was only supposed to stay for a short time in France.

BBM

August 27, 2017 is when little Maëlys disappeared. August 26 / 27 is when the wedding took place. Nordahl Lelandais became a suspect almost immediately. IMHO it must have been a lot easier to trace his wherabouts and phone movements of that same month than the rest of his life.

And what if (theoretically) Edwige Ukundirwase disappeared after August 27?

What about Pierre-Alexandre Seenyen? Does he even know he's missing?

He seems to be alive and well on Facebook: search for "Alexandre Seenyen." Is that him? How would we know?

Why hasn't there been any new information about Edwige or Pierre-Alexandre? Is there even a photo of them?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back