Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Lou Raguse @LouRaguse
The moment the judge started reading Patterson’s admission noted in the PSI, fantasies about kidnapping multiple girls and killing multiple fantasies, the air left the room.
1:36 PM · May 24, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
YES! Many others here have said it- & I agree:
Jayme didn’t just rescue herself. She saved the world from a serial killer at the beginning of his career. We are ALL safer because of her courage & will. I’ve so much respect for this young woman.

Jayme didn’t just rescue herself. She saved the world from a serial killer at the beginning of his career. We are ALL safer because of her courage & will. I’ve so much respect for this young woman.

Yeah, I have absolutely no doubt that is true.

He would have tired of her eventually, and after he killed her, he would have decided to do this all over again.

She saved herself, but saved others at the same time.

Yes, and Patterson is also a lot like Ariel Castro, who kept three women locked up, chained, tortured, raped for years. When he got tired of one, he'd get another. Most serial predators/kidnappers/murderers will kill the previous victim in order to make room for the next victim.

This was the case with Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby from the St. Louis, Missouri area. Their captor was Michael J. Devlin.

One search, two boys found: The Missouri Miracle 12 years ago

Devlin would later tell FBI agents that he began looking for another boy because Shawn was “getting too old.” That led him on Jan. 8, 2007, to Beaufort, in western Franklin County, where he kidnapped Ben Ownby from the bus stop. Shawn was with him in the pickup.

Patterson is only 21 years old. He had a lifetime of criminal behavior and perversion ahead of him. Jayme ended that with her courage. She is a hero.

Timeline of events: The story of Jayme Closs’ abduction and rescue

BARRON COUNTY, Wis. (WXOW) – As the sentencing of Jake Patterson takes place on May 24, here’s a look back of the events that occurred during the entire case.

It’s pretty remarkable how quickly this case went from cold, to solved, to guilty plea, to sentencing.

Not that long ago, it appeared that not only would Jayme not be heard from again, but whoever kidnapped her and killed her parents, would elude justice.

Jayme changed all of that with her escape.

Yeah, I have absolutely no doubt that is true.

He would have tired of her eventually, and after he killed her, he would have decided to do this all over again.

She saved herself, but saved others at the same time.

Exactly what I said to my husband as we watched this. Breathtaking in a bad way to hear that he planned to torture young girls. And he patted himself on the back by telling Jayme that she had it good, he could treat her a lot worse. So glad he's toast.

Will Jayme ever feel safe again? I don’t know how she could get over that.

I am glad that they have funds for probably what is a top of the lime security system.

To all of the people that begrudge them fundraising money, I hope some day they realize how small minded they are

IMO she will never feel safe again. Monster.

Finally, JP is done, over, an evil delusional serial killer IMO. He no longer holds any connection to Jayme. She made such a beautiful impact statement that was so bittersweet. She talks of missing her mom and dad and how he took them away from her forever, but she also said "He will never own me".

I hope this family can move forward in privacy and healing each day knowing JP will only leave prison in a pine box! Jayme is a survivor and a hero.
#JAYMESTRONG

I’m just learning of the “Smart Justice” Lifetime network show on Jayme’s horrific ordeal. What a gutter move!! Everyone involved in the production should be ashamed — this is a second victimization at best.

Thanks, as I had not seen this. I also started crying when I was listening to it as I realized that they not only protected her in life, but because of the penalty of their murders, he got life sentences instead of 40 years when he could come out if those murders had not happened. That was her greatest fear, that way he would be able to get out someday. That just makes me cry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back