Does Jay Elowsky's handwriting match the ransom note?

Reaction score
During a recorded police search of the Ramsey home, the camera zooms in on a $7,000 cheque. The cheque is written out to John Ramsey and at the top of the check, the account holder appears to be Jay L Elowsky. Was Jay Elowsky's handwriting ever examined against the ransom note? Does the handwriting on the cheque look similar to the ransom note? Here is a link to the video police search,
the check can be seen at 1:42. Jay's behaviour was strange after the murder, he threatened the media with a gun and a baseball bat. I wonder if the baseball bat has any significance? Apparently, he also owned a stun gun back then too.

From what i've read, JE and JR were business partners, john part owned pasta jay's restaurant. John loaned JE some money, the cheque being payment for the loan. The Ramsey's stayed at JE's house after the murder, and as far as i'm aware, JE was the person who advised the Ramseys to hire lawyers.

Here is a screen shot of the cheque assumed written by Jay Elowsky.

Attachments

• JE1.png
    JE1.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 190
Here is a screen shot of the cheque assumed written by Jay Elowsky.
Thx for this. I agree there are some similarities, especially in the "s" and "d". The info on Elowsky in acandyrose.com says his alibi was that he was in Michigan at the time of the murder. Whhaaat? And there was no record on his SUSPECT report of him producing handwriting samples...just fingerprints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back