Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard it stated like he stated it. Maybe this guy is new at his job.

He did state it differently from most LE agencies but it makes sense. Probable cause = evidence found; you can charge someone with the max up front & reduce charges but I don’t think you can upgrade (for example, if they only charge with kidnapping now but the investigation determines that KF & BF are deceased, I don’t think they can add murder at that time). I’m not an attorney nor am I LE, though, so maybe someone else can clarify but that’s what I got from his explanation.

I'm drinking now but someone needs to check the multnomah county jail website for his mug shot. Arraignment will probably be Tuesday then they will transfer him to the polk county jail.
I don't know if he will end up in Multnomah. He was arrested by Salem Police, not Portland Police.

I haven't found him in Multnomah, Marion, Polk, or Yamhill Counties.

If ar
I don't know if he will end up in Multnomah. He was arrested by Salem Police, not Portland Police.

I haven't found him in Multnomah, Marion, Polk, or Yamhill Counties.
If the arrest was made in multnomah county he will be processed dwtwn

Oh no! Not what I wanted to see when I logged in. Glad they caught him, but so sad about the charges. I was still holding a glimmer of hope.

The comments about them charging him with 2 counts of aggravated murder, but they aren’t saying the 2 are deceased is just strange.

Did a little checking on Oregon laws and aggravated murder carries the highest penalties. From the list of what constitutes aggravated murder, Billy’s murder is automatically aggravated, because of his age. For Karissa, I’m guessing it was because he killed more than 1 person:
  • More than one person in the same episode was murdered
  • The victim was under 14 years of age
I’m hoping it wasn’t because “The murder occurred during or as a result of intentional maiming or torture.”

(There are several other aggravating factors that don’t seem to apply to this case.) Oregon Murder Laws - FindLaw

Maybe it’s time for Oregon to start using capital punishment again.

https://twitter.com/MorganRomeroTV/status/1132093218256850945
Talking to business owners and employees downtown near where Michael Wolfe was arrested this afternoon. They won’t go on camera but a few have told me it was really low key and bizarre. They say they saw a group of people standing on the corner of Morrison & 12th... (1)
6:17 PM - 24 May 2019 from Portland, OR

Morgan Romero TV on Twitter
Those people converged outside Blue Star Donuts and arrested a man I’m told looked like he was out of a Costco Kirkland catalog. They say they realized the people on the corner were law enforcement officers in plain clothes... (2)
6:18 PM - 24 May 2019 from Portland, OR

They tell me they saw the plain clothes officers transfer Wolfe to a Portland Police officer. And that was that. (3)
6:19 PM - 24 May 2019 from Portland, OR

Employees nearby say they didn’t think anything of Wolfe’s arrest because people, particular homeless individuals, get arrested in this area frequently. @KGWNews
6:20 PM - 24 May 2019 from Portland, OR

Maggie Vespa KGW on Twitter
VIDEO: "I immediately thought William's biological father was involved." MH has been friends w/ Karissa Fretwell for yrs. The 25-y-o Salem mom & her 3-y-o son William are missing. Salem PD just charged William's dad Michael Wolfe w/ 2 counts of kidnapping & aggravated murder.
6:39 PM - 24 May 2019 from Dundee, OR

(Name changed to initials by me)

Wow. So relieved they've found and arrested him. I hope to God they are all right but don't really hope much. The minimum this pathetic man can do is let them know where the bodies are.

Oh, it makes me so sad. Billy looked like such a sweet little doll. And his mommy was working so hard to take care of him and better herself.

Police: Person of interest now charged with murder in connection with missing Salem mom, son
[...]

A Salem Police Department spokesman said the murder charges against Wolfe do not mean that the missing mother and son are dead. He said police had probable cause to arrest Wolfe on those charges, but the charges could change as the investigation continues.

"We work toward the worst possible scenario and continue to hope for the best," said Lt. Treven Upkes.

[...]

He was being taken to the Yamhill County Jail, as investigators believe that's the county where the crime occurred.

[...]

Wolfe was ordered to pay child support and health insurance for his son, according to an order that went out last month.

The court documents said Fretwell believed Wolfe wouldn’t pay child support without a court order.

Police said Wolfe is married and officers know where his wife is and she's not in danger.

[...]

“Upkes declined to provide many details on the case — including why Wolfe was a suspect in the case — due to the ongoing investigation. Wolfe was being transferred to Yamhill County.”

And this kind of explains the odd comment at the press conference about the charges:
“Upkes said officials can have probable cause for an arrest even if they don't have every fact in place when an arrest is made, knowing that more investigative work could still take place. Charges also can change at the district attorney's discretion based on additional evidence, he said.”

Missing Salem mom: Michael Wolfe in custody, faces aggravated murder charges, search continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie