GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

TTF14

Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert
Reaction score
Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

"Police suspect 19-year-old Talmadge Russell Jasper killed 29-year-old Ryan A. Martin... whom officers found inside Jasper's... apartment on Thursday."

"Jasper told police that Martin gave him a ride home from work Thursday morning and stopped in at his apartment.... But Martin left after receiving a phone call or text, Jasper told police....But Martin hadn't left."

What could be a motive here for a 19-year-old to murder a 29-year-old man?

Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

"Police suspect 19-year-old Talmadge Russell Jasper killed 29-year-old Ryan A. Martin... whom officers found inside Jasper's... apartment on Thursday."

"Jasper told police that Martin gave him a ride home from work Thursday morning and stopped in at his apartment.... But Martin left after receiving a phone call or text, Jasper told police....But Martin hadn't left."

What could be a motive here for a 19-year-old to murder a 29-year-old man?
I think it was jealousy. MOO

What looks to be Jasper’s Insta is still up: Talmadge Jasper (@crypt1d) • Instagram photos and videos

Super-weird, IMO: this kid looks on paper like a fairly brainy (he was on Delphi HS’s National Academic Quiz Team, per NAQT’s own website: NAQT | Tippecanoe Valley Quiz Bowl Conference Tournament | Individual Standings) and somewhat nerdy teenage boy who likes animals and hiking in the woods—not necessarily a dude one might expect to have a restraining order against him. As we all know, though, an individual’s squeaky-clean and wholesome exterior appearance is usually not a reliable indication of their interior goodness!

Yes, we have seen that often - in cases here.

Violent rage behavior can come out at very young ages. I'm thinking something like narcissistic rage that psychologists state can erupt over the individual even feeling "slighted".

This is terrible though. A young man is dead and for what - for dating his ex-girlfriend. Unfathomable. So deeply saddening.

<modsnip - quoting a removed post>
welcome to Websleuths! Would you please contact a moderator so they can designate you as a “verified insider” (which means you can post without needing to provide media links to back up what you say)? It takes almost no time at all, and I’m sure we would appreciate hearing more of your perspective as this story unfolds!

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>
welcome to Websleuths! Would you please contact a moderator so they can designate you as a “verified insider” (which means you can post without needing to provide media links to back up what you say)? It takes almost no time at all, and I’m sure we would appreciate hearing more of your perspective as this story unfolds!

Thanks for pointing out the whole local insider thing for me, I didn't realize that was a thing, I've just sent an email with all of the info for verification so hopefully they get back to me quickly

<modsnip>

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Summary:

05/24/2019 Case Opened as a New Filing
05/24/2019 Case Filed Electronically
Added By EFile Manager

05/24/2019 Appearance Filed
Appearance
For Party: State of Indiana
File Stamp: 05/24/2019

05/24/2019 Request For Party To Be Held In Custody
72 Hour - Motion
Filed By: State of Indiana

05/24/2019 Probable Cause Affidavit Filed
Probable Cause Affidavit

05/24/2019 Bond Form Filed
Bond Request Form

05/24/2019 Motion for No Contact Order Filed
No Contact Order - Motion

05/24/2019 Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information
Admin. Rule 9 form - Filed with Court Clerk

05/24/2019 Confidential Form Filed (PO and NCO Process Only)
No Contact Order State Form Cover Sheet

05/24/2019 Order on Hearing
Defendant appears in custody. State files affidavit of probable cause and request 72 hours to file charges. Court grants same.
Judicial Officer: Moore, Daniel J - MAG
Noticed: Jasper, Talmadge Russell
Noticed: Harrington, Patrick K
Order Signed: 05/24/2019

05/24/2019 Advisement of Rights Conducted
05/24/2019 No Contact Order Issued
Order Signed: 05/24/2019

05/24/2019 Court Sets Bond
NO BOND
Party: Jasper, Talmadge Russell

05/25/2019 Automated Paper Notice Issued to Parties
Motion for No Contact Order Filed ---- 5/24/2019 : Talmadge Russell Jasper
05/25/2019 Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Motion for No Contact Order Filed ---- 5/24/2019 : Patrick K Harrington

link: Case Search - MyCase

I'll keep an eye out on the court site....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back