Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering about the West Bicycle Bridge Road search on Feb. 16th. Wouldn't that have coincided time wise with the NBG sketch (revealed recently) Were they completely cleared?
I have been thinking about that search warrant too, seems like they were cleared rather quickly maybe too quickly just moo.

You're correct. I've been on FB since the beginning. In order for a person's exact location to show up, the person has to "check in" to the place. (And many places do not have "check in" options.) If your "location" is set and you make a post, it will sometimes show where you posted it from, but it's usually in a general area- and sometimes it doesn't show up at all.

I just did an experiment with mine. I turned my location on and made a post. My location DID show up, but it's a town I've literally never heard of. I had to look it up on a map. The town technically exists, but it's no more than a wide place in the road. It is, however, where the tower is located. I had my cousin in Delphi turn hers on and make a post and although she just lives down the road from Abby's family, her location showed up as Loganport. So it's not an exact science.
Thank you very much for this excellent explanation!
It helps me understand how it works much better now.
(And to be more aware of when I shouldn't use it!)

Thanks Jax, that's interesting to me that it was said about the first sketch released guy, that according to a close-up witness, he didn't have blue eyes. One of the things I find fascinating about the "DNA testing research" mentioned by Sheriff Leazenby is the blue-eyed gene mutation marker, the "switch". It could serve to narrow down the gene pool a lot more for investigators if the suspected killer's DNA shows he has it, as only 8-10% of humans do. We can only hope and pray.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/02/dont-it-make-your-brown-eyes-blue

17% in the world.

But the combination of blue eyes and red hair is truly rare.

On the other hand, left-handedness is more common among redheads.

Red Hair, Blue Eyes: How Common Is the Genetic Combination?

DELPHI, Ind. — Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be.

"They’re seeing that maybe there are some discrepancies going on," Riley said about rechecking the alibis.“It’s just making sure we don’t miss something.”

Investigators are attempting to independently corroborate alibis that didn't add up, and if need be, find out why there are discrepancies, Leazenby said.

Police from more than 20 agencies, including the FBI, have worked long hours sorting through leads and tips about who might have killed German and Williams on Feb. 13, and although some of the assisting agencies have drawn down the support, the intense investigation continues, Leazenby said earlier this week.

Leazenby echoed reports that police might have unknowingly interviewed the girls' killer, which is another reason police are doubling back on the alibis that fall short of the mark.

This is from 2017....looks like early on people were not telling the truth about things.....

Last edited:
Thanks Jax, that's interesting to me that it was said about the first sketch released guy, that according to a close-up witness, he didn't have blue eyes. One of the things I find fascinating about the "DNA testing research" mentioned by Sheriff Leazenby is the blue-eyed gene mutation marker, the "switch". It could serve to narrow down the gene pool a lot more for investigators if the suspected killer's DNA shows he has it, as only 8-10% of humans do. We can only hope and pray.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/02/dont-it-make-your-brown-eyes-blue
My DNA is in Gedmatch. It tells you what color your eyes are. My daughter they were correct brown, hubby correct brown, myself, told me that I had green eyes. I don't. After I told them it was incorrect and what color they are they corrected it to say blue. It didn't work for me so don't count on an exact science yet....

My DNA is in Gedmatch. It tells you what color your eyes are. My daughter they were correct brown, hubby correct brown, myself, told me that I had green eyes. I don't. After I told them it was incorrect and what color they are they corrected it to say blue. It didn't work for me so don't count on an exact science yet....

That’s different technology than what companies like Parabon use.

Their algorithms are more refined, and have a much greater degree of accuracy.

GEDMatch got mine wrong as well, I have green but it said blue.

Possibly what you read came from Abby’s mom comment.

But I think we also have to consider the context in which it was made as not all remarks are intended to be taken literally. The families have been subject to harsh and totally ridiculous SM criticism, as if to suggest their parenting was irresponsible because teenagers shouldn’t be allowed out of the house without supervision.

It was the girls' very unlucky day, but I see absolutely no fault of their families. They had a sleepover and then, two teenagers who are legally OK to be left without adult supervision, went to a nearby attraction for local kids. It is probably the same as going to a local park. It was mid-day. An ordinary day.

Paula, I have blue-grey eyes. Gedmatch said that my eye color was brown. They go by percentages, they know 12 genes determining eye color, and according to these genes, 95% of people with my genotype have brown eyes. I fall in the remaining 5%. Same, probably, happened to you. IRL, once they find other genes determining eye color (because there are more than 12), this whole science will become more precise.

Amazing that the whole science started with Mendel’s pea plants! And now we are surprised they are making mistakes with our eye color! :)

17% in the world.

But the combination of blue eyes and red hair is truly rare.

On the other hand, left-handedness is more common among redheads.

Red Hair, Blue Eyes: How Common Is the Genetic Combination?
I got my 8-10% from the world atlas site and I think the figures were from 2018 also. Either way, if he were to have blue eyes it would be a genetic gift for investigators. I know ISP mentioned reddish hair for that first sketch released. Was it the same for the new one?

Interesting, how long ago did that happen?

JP'public defender Richard Jones gave an excellent explanation of JP's personality. This chronic pattern of isolation that Jones mentioned was so extreme that JP must have lost any contact with reality. And this probably eventually led to the tragedy.

At least JP admitted his guilt, immediately.

(And looking at him, I felt very sad - he played his cards badly, but nature has given him a bad stack to start with. It is especially obvious in his profile booking shot.) I am afraid in Delphi case, the public and DA won't be that lucky.

I wanted to try to understand him, but his defense totally lost me when they spent so long talking about people not related to the case and then brought up the glasses defense.

BG could very well be someone LIKE JP, though. Someone not on anyone's radar.

DELPHI, Ind. — Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be.

"They’re seeing that maybe there are some discrepancies going on," Riley said about rechecking the alibis.“It’s just making sure we don’t miss something.”

Investigators are attempting to independently corroborate alibis that didn't add up, and if need be, find out why there are discrepancies, Leazenby said.

Police from more than 20 agencies, including the FBI, have worked long hours sorting through leads and tips about who might have killed German and Williams on Feb. 13, and although some of the assisting agencies have drawn down the support, the intense investigation continues, Leazenby said earlier this week.

Leazenby echoed reports that police might have unknowingly interviewed the girls' killer, which is another reason police are doubling back on the alibis that fall short of the mark.

This is from 2017....looks like early on people were not telling the truth about things.....
People have lied about their alibis - I'm not surprised here. A small town and now we have over 42K in tips. I believe that is an unfortunate consequence from this many tips. You cast that big a net and I have no doubt you get someone cheating on their wife/girlfriend, cooking meth or committing some other crime. Then you probably have those that after a period of time don't remember where they were or got their dates mixed up, but told LE something.

If we knew people who were discouraging others from doing DNA testing then it's not something we could post on here, and it wouldn't even be something that necessarily means anything nefarious. It would turn into a total witch hunt if people started sharing names of those who wouldn't volunteer. I won't do DNA testing and it's not because I have something to hide.
I think maybe I didn't make myself clear. I meant if someone already had a suspicion of someone (who was discouraging testing), they might need to rethink things. That could be another piece of their own personal puzzle they've been struggling to solve.

I don't think it's anything that should be posted or speculated on here. Just another push in the right direction for someone possibly in denial of what they might know to share with authorities. Not that everyone who happens to discourage testing be reported.

The recent solving of crimes via familial DNA is encouraging and I think should be considered. Someone has to help separate those to be looked at closer. (The way I understand it and my knowledge is limited)

I, like you won't do DNA testing either and have nothing to hide.

MOO JMO IMHOO

(snipped for brevity)
BG could very well be someone LIKE JP, though. Someone not on anyone's radar.

BBM

Exactly! What I've been thinking this entire time.

p. s. For all of those great "number types" out there (good with statistics, etc.), wonder what are the "odds" that an adult who currently lives in Delphi could narrow down the options, when it comes to potential suspects in this case? If there is... around/less than 3000 population, and surely not all 3000 are adults? (At that rate, am thinking even some of the middle school and h. s. students could very rapidly pin it down, just because some parts of any given population tend to be more observant than others.) All JMOO.

n.b. Note: I did not say that "all middle/h. s. students could pin it down..." We all know that some young people -- just like some adults -- tend to be in a somewhat "sleepy" mode... :)

People have lied about their alibis - I'm not surprised here. A small town and now we have over 42K in tips. I believe that is an unfortunate consequence from this many tips. You cast that big a net and I have no doubt you get someone cheating on their wife/girlfriend, cooking meth or committing some other crime. Then you probably have those that after a period of time don't remember where they were or got their dates mixed up, but told LE something.
I've always wondered how difficult it is to confirm alibis. An "I was in a meeting at work" would be a lot easier to check than an "I was home alone reading a book."

BBM

Exactly! What I've been thinking this entire time.

p. s. For all of those great "number types" out there (good with statistics, etc.), wonder what are the "odds" that an adult who currently lives in Delphi could narrow down the options, when it comes to potential suspects in this case? If there is... around/less than 3000 population, and surely not all 3000 are adults? (At that rate, am thinking even some of the middle school and h. s. students could very rapidly pin it down, just because some parts of any given population tend to be more observant than others.) All JMOO.

n.b. Note: I did not say that "all middle/h. s. students could pin it down..." We all know that some young people -- just like some adults -- tend to be in a somewhat "sleepy" mode... :)

I feel like the longer this goes on, the more likely BG lives outside of Delphi city limits. He could live in a rural area with a neighboring town address, so looking at just Delphi residents might not be enough. Just my thought.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about that search warrant too, seems like they were cleared rather quickly maybe too quickly just moo.
The volume of tips at the time may have made them move along more quickly than they would have normally, or move along more quickly than they wanted to. The initial rush involved a flood of tips.

When LE says that the killer may look younger than he is would that be because the witness said the person looked young? Why would they say that if they don't know who the person is. JMHO
I have to think that it's because his "voice" does not match the younger looking sketch. Perhaps he's been smoking since a young age which makes it sound older. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle