GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

If they find her innocent of all charges I don't see how they could ever legally deny her rights to her daughter. I still can't get over them doing this though. Has anyone heard of a case where one parent is found guilty of depriving food and not the other in the same home? Particularly finding the one who didn't stay home with the kids as the one guilty of long term denial of food?

Peppery linked an article including the court action Termination of Parental Rights. Never heard of a reversal, I suppose that's possible. Imagine that poor kid going to preschool, telling what's happening at home?

Am I alone in expecting a claim that one parent abused/threatened/controlled the other to the point that the other parent was powerless to change the situation???

Claim, mind you. Claim.

JMHO YMMV

Peppery linked an article including the court action Termination of Parental Rights. Never heard of a reversal, I suppose that's possible. Imagine that poor kid going to preschool, telling what's happening at home?

Am I alone in expecting a claim that one parent abused/threatened/controlled the other to the point that the other parent was powerless to change the situation???

Claim, mind you. Claim.

JMHO YMMV

Unreal...if this the case.

On or about Feb. 1, 2017 in Dallas County, defendant acting alone or with Sini Mathews caused injury to Sherin Mathews resulting in fractures to the bilateral humerus, femur and tibia. Defendant and Sini Mathews did not disclose these injuries for at least one week. The history provided to doctors was not consistent with how the injuries occurred.
  • On or about Feb. 24, 2017, in Dallas County, defendant failed to keep a scheduled appointment with the Failure to Thrive Clinic at Children's Hospital for his daughter Sherin Mathews.
  • Defendant and Sini Mathews failed to provide adequate nutrition to Sherin Mathews from Sept. 1, 2016 until the time of her death.
  • On Jan. 26, 2018, defendant had his parental rights terminated in regards to (redacted name of his 4-year-old biological daughter).
  • On Oct. 6 and 7, 2018 and throughout the course of the investigation into the disappearance of Sherin Mathews, Defendant provided false and misleading information to the Richardson Police Department.
Allegations of Neglect Predate Sherin Mathews' Death: ADA

In a statement released late in the afternoon March 1, the Richardson Police Department said they developed sufficient probable cause to obtain the arrest warrant against Sini and that the case was approved by the previous district attorney and an indictment was returned by a grand jury

In a statement released late in the afternoon March 1, the Richardson Police Department said they developed sufficient probable cause to obtain the arrest warrant against Sini and that the case was approved by the previous district attorney and an indictment was returned by a grand jury
Still fuming that Sini is getting off Scott Free.
MOO

What about Mama Sini? Isn't she going to be charged with anything?

." Defendant and Sini Mathews did not disclose these injuries for at least one week. The history provided to doctors was not consistent with how the injuries occurred."
I can't even say what I think without violating TOS. Poor little Sherin. This is so wrong.

MOO.

So Sini is going to skate? Damnit! I'm wondering about a couple of things:

1. Does the prosecution need Sini to testify against Wesley (as also mentioned by rosesfromangels upthread?

2. Can the DA charge Sini with something else down the line, like neglect or abuse? I see no reason not to and additional evidence may come from trial testimony.

In the future when Sini applies for a nursing position, I certainly hope the potential employer uses Google as a screening tool.

Is she still an RN, eligible to be an RN, with charges dropped?

@meanmaryjean

laws vary from state to state, but what's your take on Sini's professional future???

Surely she is a Mandated Reported who did not report?

In the future when Sini applies for a nursing position, I certainly hope the potential employer uses Google as a screening tool.

Is she still an RN, eligible to be an RN, with charges dropped?

@meanmaryjean

laws vary from state to state, but what's your take on Sini's professional future???

Surely she is a Mandated Reported who did not report?
She is a mandated reporter who did not report. I don't see anything on the TX Board of Nursing website- however that doesn't mean it's not been reported. It just means it has not come up for hearing yet. (I think)

I searched here <Nursys® > under "Sinitha Matthews" which I believe to be her legal name- and found she has an unencumbered license in both Texas and Illinois. No person with a similar name shows up in any state. So maybe no one has filed an official report just yet? Maybe someone needs to?

Failing to report abuse resulting in the death of a child *should result in license revocation. Permanently IMHO

She is a mandated reporter who did not report. I don't see anything on the TX Board of Nursing website- however that doesn't mean it's not been reported. It just means it has not come up for hearing yet. (I think)

I searched here <Nursys® > under "Sinitha Matthews" which I believe to be her legal name- and found she has an unencumbered license in both Texas and Illinois. No person with a similar name shows up in any state. So maybe no one has filed an official report just yet? Maybe someone needs to?

Failing to report abuse resulting in the death of a child *should result in license revocation. Permanently IMHO

Thank you!

The pediatrician abuse expert who ordered the skeletal scan seems to be an good candidate for reporting this situation.

:(:(:( Heartbreaking . . . poor baby girl.

DA: Sherin Mathews' father caused her leg fractures, deleted his browser history
Posted May 29 2019 12:34PM CDT

DALLAS - Prosecutors want the court to consider more wrongful acts when the father 3-year-old Sherin Mathews goes on trial.

Wesley Mathews is charged with capital murder for his adoptive daughter’s death. She was reported missing in October of 2017 and found a week later in a drainage culvert near her Richardson home.

After her body was found, police said Wesley admitted to moving her body. He claimed she died when he forced her to drink her milk. More at link . . .

DA: Sherin Mathews' father caused her leg fractures, deleted his browser history

:(:(:( Heartbreaking . . . poor baby girl.

Posted May 29 2019 12:34PM CDT

DALLAS - Prosecutors want the court to consider more wrongful acts when the father 3-year-old Sherin Mathews goes on trial.

Wesley Mathews is charged with capital murder for his adoptive daughter’s death. She was reported missing in October of 2017 and found a week later in a drainage culvert near her Richardson home.

After her body was found, police said Wesley admitted to moving her body. He claimed she died when he forced her to drink her milk. More at link . . .

I’m still so confused about the dismissal of Sini’s Charges. They both loved with Sherin, they were both responsible for her well being, they both failed her Miserably.

I’m still so confused about the dismissal of Sini’s Charges. They both loved with Sherin, they were both responsible for her well being, they both failed her Miserably.

after investing $$$ and flying half-way around the world to pick her up.

I said this waaay back -- if they had stopped the adoption process when the birth daughter was conceived or born, not one of us would know their names.

This whole thing is just mind boggling. And expensive adoption and then he does THIS? And Sini gets off scott free? Didn't she take custody of the child at adoption too? Just sickens me to think how this beautiful little girl lived.....and died.

They wanted her dead a long time ago: "He also canceled 19 physical therapy appointments and eight speech therapy appointments for his daughter ..... Sherin also didn't show up for four appointments that weren't canceled."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back