GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

I lived in the S9 area some years ago now and I'm so shocked and upset to have heard about this awful incident. Rest in peace to the two boys who are no longer with us and my deepest sympathies go out to the other children and their family members and friends.

Two boys dead as police swoop on house

Two boys have died and four other children - including a seven-month-old baby - are in hospital after police swooped on a house in Sheffield.

A man, 37, and a woman, 34, arrested on suspicion of murder remain in custody as officers attempt to establish how the pair, aged 13 and 14, died.

The other children - aged 11, 10, three and seven months - remain in hospital but are conscious, police said.

A cordon remains in place outside the home in the Shiregreen area.

South Yorkshire Police received "reports of concerns for safety" of those inside the address at 07:30 BST on Friday.

Aaron Brunskill, who lives locally, said residents came out into the street at 08:00 to find about 15 police cars and four ambulances.

He said: "I know there's children there, I've just seen them walking back to the shops and that's all I know.

"Everyone speaking on the road said the first one out had to be resuscitated."

:eek: so it wasn't the parents of the children that were arrested in the home?:eek:

Supt Paul McCurry said the force was providing support to the kids’ relatives, as well as officers who responded to the 999 call.

Local MP Gill Furniss said the community had been “deeply shaken”.

She added: “My deepest sympathies are with the loved ones of the children.”

:eek: so it wasn't the parents of the children that were arrested in the home?:eek:

Supt Paul McCurry said the force was providing support to the kids’ relatives, as well as officers who responded to the 999 call.

They could be providing support to the wider family grandparents etc....

That doesn't mean it's not the parents though.
In a newspaper article I read this morning it said the woman in the house is thought to be the mother. Nothing about the man.

Mum told pals her kids were sick hours before boys, 13 & 14, died at house

If you click on the images it has one of police taking away some stuff in evidence bags

NINTCHDBPICT000492786327.jpg

The Sun has this credit line for the image: Evidence bags removed from the scene Credit: SWNS:SOUTH WEST NEWS SERVICE

Four children rescued from a house in Sheffield in a serious incident that ended in the death of two teenage boys have now been released from hospital, police have confirmed.

Four children rescued from house in Sheffield released from hospital

Interesting how it describes the children as 'rescued'. I just noticed that on an article from the BBC and it came from a quote from police.

House 'rescue' children leave hospital

SouthYorkshirePolice

✔@syptweet

UPDATE: Four children rescued from a house in Shiregreen yesterday have now been released from hospital

Interesting how it describes the children as 'rescued'. I just noticed that on an article from the BBC and it came from a quote from police.

House 'rescue' children leave hospital

Makes it sound like the police interrupted whatever was going on in the house and it could have been a lot worse. Really heartbreaking.
Some comments from family member on Sheffield Now FB page:
Sheffield Now

Makes it sound like the police interrupted whatever was going on in the house and it could have been a lot worse. Really heartbreaking.
Some comments from family member on Sheffield Now FB page:
Sheffield Now

He really would be best off staying off social media right now, some awful rumours online.

I can see why he is retaliating but he would preserve his sanity more by keeping well away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back