Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have lied about their alibis - I'm not surprised here. A small town and now we have over 42K in tips. I believe that is an unfortunate consequence from this many tips. You cast that big a net and I have no doubt you get someone cheating on their wife/girlfriend, cooking meth or committing some other crime. Then you probably have those that after a period of time don't remember where they were or got their dates mixed up, but told LE something.

I agree. I'd be sent to the gallows for sure. Can't remember from day to day an alibi or specific time I was somewhere. Not to excuse any deliberate lies among those questioned in this case, but sprinkled in there are people like me that simply live and do normal-and sometimes unscheduled-things and get mixed up on what day it was. o_O

People have lied about their alibis - I'm not surprised here. A small town and now we have over 42K in tips. I believe that is an unfortunate consequence from this many tips. You cast that big a net and I have no doubt you get someone cheating on their wife/girlfriend, cooking meth or committing some other crime. Then you probably have those that after a period of time don't remember where they were or got their dates mixed up, but told LE something.

A small town, males 18-40, reddish brown hair, 5'6" to 5'10, 2000 lbs, could look younger than appears.

So does that mean someone mid 50's who looks 40 could be responsible? Or is 40 the top age do we think?

BBM

Exactly! What I've been thinking this entire time.

p. s. For all of those great "number types" out there (good with statistics, etc.), wonder what are the "odds" that an adult who currently lives in Delphi could narrow down the options, when it comes to potential suspects in this case? If there is... around/less than 3000 population, and surely not all 3000 are adults? (At that rate, am thinking even some of the middle school and h. s. students could very rapidly pin it down, just because some parts of any given population tend to be more observant than others.) All JMOO.

n.b. Note: I did not say that "all middle/h. s. students could pin it down..." We all know that some young people -- just like some adults -- tend to be in a somewhat "sleepy" mode... :)
Quickly did the math approximating the numbers on this link. Between the ages of 20-60 there would be estimated 987 males in Delphi. If I used that Population Pyramid correctly.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/delphi-in-population/

I agree. I'd be sent to the gallows for sure. Can't remember from day to day an alibi or specific time I was somewhere. Not to excuse any deliberate lies among those questioned in this case, but sprinkled in there are people like me that simply live and do normal-and sometimes unscheduled-things and get mixed up on what day it was. o_O
I agree on a personal level but on the flip side, wouldn't it be like, for a small town like Delphi, where were you the day Kennedy was killed?

I think maybe I didn't make myself clear. I meant if someone already had a suspicion of someone (who was discouraging testing), they might need to rethink things. That could be another piece of their own personal puzzle they've been struggling to solve.

I don't think it's anything that should be posted or speculated on here. Just another push in the right direction for someone possibly in denial of what they might know to share with authorities. Not that everyone who happens to discourage testing be reported.

The recent solving of crimes via familial DNA is encouraging and I think should be considered. Someone has to help separate those to be looked at closer. (The way I understand it and my knowledge is limited)

I, like you won't do DNA testing either and have nothing to hide.

MOO JMO IMHOO

In a case as heinous as this I am surprised that LE have not set up voluntary DnA testing for all males over 16 or all females even, as the mothers DNA alone could help catch the perp. Anyone who doesn't volunteer could be just asked for an alibi instead. Of course this may not catch the killer who may live outside Delphi now, but if LE are so sure of the Delphi connection this could work. I posted on the last thread how a killer was caught like this. He wasn't in the actual area but a close match relative was. AJMO.

Last edited:
IMO it is possible and no matter where the DNA was recovered from, the defense will probably try to argue it away. (I'm not saying that the DNA does not belong to BG, just that I'm sure it will come up at some point if there's a trial. It usually does.)

This is one of the reasons I'm glad that they called off the search on the night of the 13th. It lessened the likelihood of someone accidentally contaminating the crime scene.

Officially it was called off but unofficially carried on IIRC e.g. friends and family for instance and probably some volunteers too. MOO

This is my own view of the likelihood of BG's background. I don't think he is a trucker or works at a nearby factory. According to a number of statements by LE, he is familiar with the bridge and park area. I don't think most truckers or factory workers would have long and frequent breaks to explore the park (unless they also lived in Delphi or close by). I tend to think BG either grew up in or near Delphi and played in the park as a child or teen, or he is an outdoor type who hikes, hunts, fishes there (or did at one time). There are other options, I'm sure, but I'm leaning toward these two. MOO.

I got my 8-10% from the world atlas site and I think the figures were from 2018 also. Either way, if he were to have blue eyes it would be a genetic gift for investigators. I know ISP mentioned reddish hair for that first sketch released. Was it the same for the new one?
Brown-reddish, I think.

In a case as heinous as this I am surprised that LE have not set up voluntary DnA testing for all males over 16 or all females even, as the mothers DNA alone could help catch the perp. Anyone who doesn't volunteer could be just asked for an alibi instead. Of course this may not catch the killer who may live outside Delphi now, but if LE are so sure of the Delphi connection this could work. I posted on the last thread how a killer was caught like this. He wasn't in the actual area but a close match relative was. AJMO.
Personally, although it may sound like a good idea, I'm just not comfortable with that approach. Rather, if LE have certain individuals as strong suspects and they have viable DNA from the scene, why not just wait for some cast-off DNA and run that for a match. I haven't committed a crime nor do I intend to, but I'm sure my DNA is out there all over the place. I'm blessed with a full head of hair at my age but I lose a hand full a day at least. Goodness only knows where it all ends up. Hopefully, not in a parking lot that turns into a crime scene :)

They don’t need to. A couple of amateur genealogists with own DNA and a long Delphi trees would be enough. However, before police does anything, people who are in Gedmatch, should go to Gedmatch Genesis and turn on their DNAs to be allowed to be used for police identification. Opt in. The option is a pen next to the kits. Because today only 10% of Gedmatch participants have done so.

True. The article came out a month after the incident and I’m wondering how many people were interviewed and far the net was cast by that time.

Do we know where the 2:07 pic was posted? By that I mean, was it just posted to LG’s story (so only her friends could see it) or was it posted to our story (made public) or both?

For those that don’t know about Our Story in SC....you can opt to post a photo or video publicly and SC groups the pics by area or even event. For example posts at places like Disney are all grouped together and anyone can just browse and see what everyone is posting.

I’m sure LE checked out the our story posts that day for both the trail and Delphi to see who else might’ve been in the area. Might have no impact on this case, but it’s something to consider for future cases. Got to be quick because the posts disappear.

This is my own view of the likelihood of BG's background. I don't think he is a trucker or works at a nearby factory. According to a number of statements by LE, he is familiar with the bridge and park area. I don't think most truckers or factory workers would have long and frequent breaks to explore the park (unless they also lived in Delphi or close by). I tend to think BG either grew up in or near Delphi and played in the park as a child or teen, or he is an outdoor type who hikes, hunts, fishes there (or did at one time). There are other options, I'm sure, but I'm leaning toward these two. MOO.
Yeah, the way he's dressed looks a lot like an outdoor guy, hunter/trapper to me, too.

I’m leaning towards someone that travels for project work. Someone that has plenty of time on their hands once their shift or assignment ends. I do agree that it’s more than likely someone that enjoys time outdoors - hunting, fishing, photography, etc.

He wouldn’t need to worry about getting home to the family since he’s on the road.

I would probably start with steel workers or cell tower workers considering this guy appears to have very little fear of heights ! (that was about the only mannerism I noticed in the video clip)

IMO, there’s a difference between not being afraid of heights and being comfortable with heights.

MOO and pure speculation in my part.

It was the girls' very unlucky day, but I see absolutely no fault of their families. They had a sleepover and then, two teenagers who are legally OK to be left without adult supervision, went to a nearby attraction for local kids. It is probably the same as going to a local park. It was mid-day. An ordinary day.

\

Teens should be allowed to go to a park and enjoy life. Criminals have taken this away from us.
Honestly, it should have been safe!!!

Do we know where the 2:07 pic was posted? By that I mean, was it just posted to LG’s story (so only her friends could see it) or was it posted to our story (made public) or both?

For those that don’t know about Our Story in SC....you can opt to post a photo or video publicly and SC groups the pics by area or even event. For example posts at places like Disney are all grouped together and anyone can just browse and see what everyone is posting.

I’m sure LE checked out the our story posts that day for both the trail and Delphi to see who else might’ve been in the area. Might have no impact on this case, but it’s something to consider for future cases. Got to be quick because the posts disappear.
I have only heard that it was sent to the one friend who ultimately saw it later that evening (in the nine o’clock hour).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288